Status: story has been abandoned

The Legend of the Heavens Blade

Chapter 11

“here you go.” Ashtralana said as she handed a plate of food to Ryxa. “Thank you” Ryxa said as she took it from her. She glanced over at Arlona, who was standing outside the house where they buried Ryssa. “She will be ok.” Ashtralana said as she went back to fix her some food. “She’s probably thinking about what to do next.” She said as she sat down next to the fire across from Ryxa. Ryxa looked at Ashtralana “what about you?” Ryxa asked. Ashtralana got a sad look on her face then looked over at Arlona. “I’ve only been with grandma for five years, I loved her as If family but Arlona was closer to her. They were like mother and daughter.” Ashtralana said as she looked at the fire. “Grandma took me in even when she had no reason too; she treated me like family and began teaching me about magic.” Ryxa looked at Ashtralana, “if you were not related why do you call her grandma?” She asked. Ashtralana chuckled, “she wanted us to, and she didn’t have any family of her own so we were her family.” Ashtralana said as she smiled. She then looked at Arlona, “I’m happy Arlona is ok, I don’t know what I would have done if I lost both of them.”
Ryxa looked at Arlona then back at Ashtralana. “Are you in love with her?” Ryxa asked. Ashtralana face turned red as she looked at Ryxa, “n…no…I mean…well…I do but…” she stuttered. Ryxa giggled. “I just wanted to know why you look up to her so much.” Ashtralana looked down. “She saved my life.” She said softly. “Five years ago a monster attacked and killed my family, it would have killed me but Arlona saved me. She killed the monster and took me to grandma.” Ashtralana said as she began to smile softly. “But that is in the past.” Arlona said as she walked up. “Arlona let me get you some food.” Ashtralana said as she quickly turned away, her face was red. Arlona tossed an object at Ryxa. “Recognize this?” Ryxa caught the object and studied it. “It’s a medallion, but the symbol is of the Tenshi family. Wait this isn’t what I think it is.” Yes it’s the medallion of Kitsune Tenshi” Arlona said as she sat down. “Who’s that?” Ashtralana asked as she handed a plate to Arlona. “She was the warrior who used the Heavens blade to kill the Lich King and bring peace back to the kingdoms.” Ryxa said as she looked at Arlona. “Yes but look at the back.” Arlona said pointing at it. Ryxa turned the medallion around. “It’s a rune.” She said. “That’s a rune of unsealing.” Ashtralana said as she looked at it over Ryxa’s shoulder. “Yes that means it unlocks something, grandma gave that to me. She said ‘it is the key to what you seek’. “Ryxa looked up at Arlona. “If it’s the medallion to Kitsune then that means we are heading there.” She said as she handed it back to Arlona. “Yes we are in the morning.” Arlona said as she put it back in her pack. “Where are we going?” Ashtralana asked. “To the city of Euphoria.” Arlona said with a smile.