Status: story has been abandoned

The Legend of the Heavens Blade

Chapter 8

“So you know my name” Ryssa said as she placed her hand on her hip, “then you should know what they also called me.” She said as he eyes began to glow. She raised her right hand and pointed it at them; a strong burst of wind blasted the front of the house out. The two were thrown out with the blast. They landed on the ground catching there balance. Demon regained his balance and brushed off his clothes as he watched Ryssa walk out the house. She held out her right hand, a swirl of wind and magic began to form in it. As the swirl grew stronger, “let me show you why they use to call me, the witch of the Bloodstorm.” She said as a sword formed in her hand. She held it out in front of her as the winds around them stirred. Demon smiled as he raised his sword. “So that’s the legendary sword, Deathwind.” He said. The mysterious figure raised his arms; two steel gauntlets were on them. Ryssa smiled as she looked at the two of them. As the winds swirls around them, they dashed at each other. The sound of steel clashing filled the air as their fight began.
“Hurry up we are almost there” Arlona called back. Suddenly something flew out of the tree line on the side of the road and slammed into the ground. Arlona jumped backwards out of the way of the object. “What the hell” she yelled as she gained her balance. Out of the tree line walked the brutish monster. it walked over to the object and picked it up. It then stood in the road not moving. “What is it, it’s ugly” Ashtralana said as she peeked over Arlona’s shoulder. “It looks like a butcher.” Ryxa said grabbing her sword. “But I’ve never seen one this far from the valley. “ She said as she drew her sword. “Did it throw a fucking door at me?” Arlona said pointing at it. “Either way we need to get to grandma, come on.” Arlona said as she walked towards the brute. She walked to the side of it as she tried to go around. The brute swung the door at her. She jumped and kicked off the door. “Just as I thought it’s here to kill us I think.” Arlona said as she landed and drew her gun. The brute then swung the door and slammed it on the ground where they were. Arlona jumped to the side and fired a shot at it. It had no effect. Ryxa grabbed Ashtralana and pulled her off to the side. “Oww” Ashtralana said as they landed. “Stay here” Ryxa said as she dashed off to Arlona. “Hey I can fight too….” Ashtralana called back with a mad look on her face. She watched as Ryxa ran to Arlona. Her face grew red as she stared at them angrily. Ryxa ran beside Arlona. “I’ll distract it and you get past and go on ahead.” Ryxa said as she held out his sword. Arlona nodded and they took off running at the brute. It swung the door at them. Ryxa blocked the door with her sword. She fought to hold off the brute’s power. Arlona dashed towards the brute but it reached with his other arm and grabbed her around her waist as she tried to run past. Her arms were pinned to her body as it raised her in the air in front of it. “Dammit” she said as she tried to get free. “Arlona” Ryxa yelled as she tried to push the brute’s weapon off her. The brute began to crush Arlona in his hand. She screamed as it tightened its grip on her. “Let her go!” a voice behind them called. A fireball hit it in the face which caused it to drop Arlona and stumble backwards. A burst of wind pushed Arlona behind the brute as she fell, she rolled behind the brute and looked up. Ryxa turned around and saw Ashtralana a mix of wind and fire swirled around her. “Go on Arlona we can handle this.” Ashtralana yelled. Arlona nodded and ran off. The brute covered its face and began swinging the door wildly in the air. Ryxa couldn’t react in time to block the attack. A burst of wind surrounded Ryxa and pulled her back to where Ashtralana stood. Ryxa looked up at her. “Told you I could fight.” Ashtralana said as she lifted her weapon. Ryxa stood in shock as Ashtralana held up a black scythe of enormous size.