Status: Updating slow

My Precious Little World

Chapter 2

I walked out of my dimly lit room into the brightly lit hallway squinting my eyes at the brightness. I had the worst hangover ever from yesterday. I walked down the stairs slowly and saw that the Barakat family was in the living room and Jack was on the floor about to fall asleep. I laughed to myself and walked past everyone to the kitchen for Advil and water.

"Emily, Jack please sit down we have something to say to you both."Jack's mother said to us.

I finished my water and tried to get Jack up off the floor. He grunted but didn't get up.

"I'll make you pancakes after they are done talking to us."I whispered in his ear. He stood up slowly and sat down on the couch across the family. I sat down right beside him.

"Okay so, Emily you know the Barakat family has been friends with us for a long while now. Ever since you two were born. Well Emily when you were little you had a serious heart condition as you know but we didn't have the money for it and the Barakat's had money so they helped pay for the medical bills but we didn't know how to repay them so we gave them you when you turned eighteen. Old enough to marry their eighteen year old son."My mother said.

"What? Are you saying I have to marry Jack? I'm dating his best friend! He's dating my best friend! Do you know how bad this is going to be?"I said my voice rising in anger.

"We understand, but you were going to die Emily! We had nothing else to do!"My mom said getting tears in her eyes.

"Mom please say this is a big joke?"Jack asked looking at his mom pleading with her.

"It's not. You two are going to get married in two months."She said clearing her throat.

I bent my head and cried in my hands. This can't be happening. I was going to lose one of my best friends because I would be 'taking' her boyfriend. Then I would be losing the only person I have ever loved in my life.

"Emily. I'm so-" My mother started to say. "Don't talk to me."I interrupted her and ran to the door and put on my toms and jacket and ran outside.

I ran to the only person I knew I could talk to and he was the person I had to break up with because of my parents.

I ran up to his doorway and knocked on his door and cried. He opened the door and pulled me close and hugged me and let me cry in his chest.

"Emily what's wrong?"He asked after I calmed down a little bit.

"My parents are making me break up with you because I have an arranged marriage." I said bluntly.

"What? With who?"He asked.

"Jack."I said and started crying again.

"Why?"He asked.

"Well I had that heart condition when I was little and my parents didn't have the money to pay for it so Jack's family paid for it and in return I have to get married to Jack in two months."I said looking down.

"Well It's better than you not being here at all."He said smiling sadly. "I'm kinda glad it's with Jack because if it was with anyone else I would be so pissed."

I smiled sadly and kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"I have to go. I have a proposal to get to."I said hugging him one last time and turning away and walked down his stairs and cried all the way home.
~~~

When I got home Rachel was coming out of my house in tears and looked at me.

"I can't believe this. I'm so sorry you have to get married to that."She said bluntly and walked away without looking back.

I just stood there wondering what happened while I was gone.

I walked into the house and saw Jack on the couch with his head in his hands and looking down at the ground.

"What did you say to her?"I asked.

"Told I cheated on her with a girl in New York. And that I had to marry you. She was fine with the marriage part but not the cheating."He said sighing.

"That's why she said that to me."I said looking at the wall.

"Yeah well what do we do now?"I asked.

"Well I guess I have to propose to you and you have to say yes and we have to kiss I guess."Jack said looking at his parents and mine looking at us.

"Let's go ahead and get this over with then."I replied standing up. He sighed and got the ring from the table my parents gave to him and opened it up and I eyes my parents and shook my head.

He got down on one knee and looked up at me.

"Emily Elizabeth Rose, truth is, and this is coming from my heart, that I have always loved you. When you and Alex kissed in front of me yesterday I was getting really jealous. That's why I pulled you off of him. I was dating Rachel because I thought it would make you jealous as well. It's true. I'm in love with my best friend that I have known since preschool. Emily Elizabeth Rose will you marry me?"He asked looking up at me.

"Wait you liked me?"I asked. He just nodded. "Why didn't you tell me before I dated Alex? If you would have we wouldn't have had this problem with breaking up with people. You ass! But yes I will marry you."I said and looked down at him.

He smiled from ear to ear and kissed me lightly.

"Your son is the sweetest boy."My mother said.

"Yeah but if he hurts her I will hurt him."My dad said and everyone laughed.

I looked down at the ring and almost gasped. It was huge and fit perfectly on my finger.

"Well cheers to us I guess."Jack said and kissed my cheek and walked over to the kitchen table and sat down.

I just shook my head and walked over to him and sat with him. He just smiled and looked down at the ground.

I just hope everything he said was true and not just an act.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I suck at writing! Anyway subscribe and comment. Dont forget to rec it either please!