Lay Down The Roses

002

~*~Alex's P.O.V~*~

He hadn't said anything since the funeral. I don't know how many hours he sat there in his studio, staring his most recent painting blankly. A few of us had tried to go in and talk to him. We all failed. He only made a few grunts of acknoledgement, not making eye contact with anyone whatsoever. It was almost supper, and he needed to eat. I decided to try to talk to him, a thing which I feared. Who knew what he could do when he was like this...

"Gerard..." I said hesitantly, sitting next to him. His gaze snapped in my direction, if only for a moment before he returned his blank gaze to the canvace again. "Geard, you need to talk to people..."

"I'd rather not, thanks," he mumbled, lowering his eyes to the floor. Okay, this was ridiculous! I was starting to get annoyed with him now.

"Gerard Arthur Way! You can't sit around and sulk forever... Mikey wouldn't have wante-"

"Shuttup!" he hollered angrily, "Don't you ever tell me what my brother would have wanted! No one knew him as much as I did!" I sat there wide-eyed. Durring his yelling fit, he had gotten up and pointed an angry finger in my face.

"Get your goddam finger out of my face!" I hollered back, swatting his hand away, "He wouldn't have wanted it, and you know it!"

Gerard paused for a moment and stared off into space. We were both silent for what seemed to be ten minutes before he dropped to his knees on the carpeted floor and sobbed.

"I'm sorry, Alex," He choked pathetically. I slid off the couch to where he was hunched over and hugged him.

"It's okay, Gee. It's okay..."

Would Gerard ever be happy? It seemed everytime he had the chance to be happy again, it came back and bit him.

I can tell you one thing;
Things were certainly going to be different around here...
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, i'm really sorry it's so short. It's kind of a bridge chapter.
And plus, I really wanted to update this before I went to visit my hometown for a little while, maybe till sunday, i'm guessing.
Again, comments = love (and maybe even cookies for everyone).

Sam
xox