While Listening to Rock and Roll

MASON.

I am comfortable with my life. There aren't many dramatic events that go on within my family or group of friends, or even in this average Tennessee town I live in.

But I'm okay with that. I am simply content.

I groan and stretch as I wake up from a good night's sleep. After a minute more of stretching I feel refreshed and get out of bed. I grab the joint I didn't finish last night from my ash tray and look around my room for a lighter. I take a few hits then light a couple of incense. Soon my room is hazy with smoke.

After I get a nice buzz, I throw on some clothes and look for Charlie. When I cant find him in the house, I head toward the barn, where the plants are.

And there he is, tending to the plants, as always.

He stops working once he sees me and smiles.

"Mornin', " he drawls.

"Mornin'," I reply around a yawn, even though its almost three in the afternoon.

"Whatcha sellin' today?"

"Afghan, Cheese, and Blue Velvet. For now, at least."

Charlie nods and hands me the bags of weed. I set them on a fold out table we keep in here and weight out the desired amounts before putting them in baggies.

"We're gonna have to buy more seeds soon, " Charlie says while packing a bowl.

"I ordered some before I went to bed." Charlie nods, takes a hit, and passes the bowl and lighter to me.

We pass the bowl back and forth until it's cashed. Once we're done, and pretty blazed, we grab some weed from our own personal stash and the weed that we're selling and head back to the main house.

-

With a joint hanging from my lips, I play on mix CD on my stereo. I collapse onto my large bed, joint in hand, and listen to the music resounding through my room.

After the CD finishes and the joint is now a roach, I grab my old acoustic guitar and head out toward the makeshift bonefire pit Charlie and I made a while back.

Taking a seat on the ground, I let my fingers dance over the chords, not playing anything in particular, but simply listening to the sounds.

-

"Hey, Mason," I hear Charlie yell, "Roger's here!"

I let out a breathe of air and look at the notebook I keep all my weed related business in.

Roger - Afghan - $100

I grab the weed and walk into the living room, where Roger is waiting.

"'Sup, man?" I say, nodding at him. He nods back, mumbles a 'hey', and hands be one hundred bucks.

"Thanks, man,"he says, grabbing the baggie full of weed from me.

"See you later, Roger!" Charlie yells as rover steps out the door. He looks at me and smiles.

"Wanna watch something on Netflix and toke with me while we wait for the rest of these people to buy their shit?" he asks.

I simply laugh and say, "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
*will edit later*