Gotta Be You.

The barely open curtains allowed the sun to seep into the darkened room, illuminating the bodies of the two naked teens on the bed just enough to see their outlines. The girl, with her dark hair and hazel eyes, was the most gorgeous creature that the boy had ever laid his eyes on. Meanwhile, to the girl, the boy was the only person in the world that she could even think about spending the rest of her life with. And that scared the living shit out of her.

Pulling the tangled sheets to her bare chest, she turned on her side and stared at the curly-haired boy next to her. She raised her hand and lightly pushed a curl off his forehead. She couldn't help but let a little smile creep onto her perfectly shaped lips.

“Tanner.” Her name fell from the sleeping boy’s lips and she leaned over, pressing a kiss to his forehead. She let her lips linger there longer than she intended and when she pulled away, she was surprised to see Harry’s eyes staring back at her. “Hey.” He whispered, lifting his hand and running his finger down her jawline causing goose bumps to cover her body.

Tanner leaned back, resting her head against the pillow and turning her face towards him. He sat up on his elbow, his free hand placed softly against her hip.

“I love you.” He whispered, biting his lip and staring down at the girl. A small smile pulled at the corner of her lips and she lifted her hand, tracing over his lips, his nose, and his eyebrows, ending with her hand against his chest.

Harry didn’t expect a reply from her; she had never once told him she loved him back but he knew she did. He could see it in her eyes.

Harry lay back on the bed and allowed Tanner to cuddle into his side until he was fast asleep. Sighing, Tanner sat up, holding back the tears that threatened to fall down her soft face. She reached over, picking up his sweatshirt that he was wearing earlier that day and slipping it on over her bare breasts. She pushed herself out of the bed, picking up her shorts and putting them on, not bothering to put on her panties.

“I’m sorry.” She murmured, glancing down to the still sleeping boy. She had to be quick; she knew that if she stood there any longer, she wouldn’t leave. So, with one last kiss to the boy’s warm skin, she left his apartment, not looking back once.