Gotta Be You.

Happiness is You and Me.

“What about this one?” Tanner questioned, lifting the dress off of the rack and showing it to Louis, who merely shook his head. Tanner sighed, putting the dress back and continuing to search through the hundreds of dresses. They had only been in Florida for a few hours and Louis had been dragging Tanner from store to store for more than half of them.

“You know, Tanner, for a girl, you'd think you'd have style but damn.” Louis said, picking up a dress and holding it out to the shocked girl. Louis rolled his eyes and pushed the dress into her arms and pulling her into a dressing room. “Now, try it on.” Walking out, he closed the door behind him and sat patiently on the bench just outside.

“Lou, is there a reason why we're dress shopping?” Tanner asked through the door. Louis shrugged, though Tanner couldn't see him and smirked to himself. “Alright, I’m ready.” Slowly, the door creaked open, Tanner poking her head out before pushing it open completely. Standing awkwardly with her hands over her arms, she smiled shyly at Louis, who nodded eagerly in return.

“That's the one.” Louis grinned, walking over and resting his hands on her upper arms. Tanner looked down to her fading bruises and then back up to Louis, who pulled her in for a hug. “Those are your past, Tanner. They don't matter anymore. All that matters is that you're here.”

Tanner couldn't help but let a tear roll down her cheek as she squeezed the taller boy tightly. She was so glad she had him back in her life.

“Alright, get changed. We have a lot to do before tonight.” He said, chuckling lightly and pulling away, shutting the door again.

-----

“Will one of you please explain to me what is going on?” Tanner asked, nervously playing with the hem of her dress as she sat in the back of the black SUV. “I feel like I’m getting kidnapped right now.” When they simply smiled at her, she sighed and leaned back against the seat.

“Careful, your hair.” Zayn chimed, pulling her away from the seat slightly causing Tanner to groan in annoyance. Finally, after driving for thirty minutes, the car stopped, Tanner jumping up and peaking out the window immediately.

“Why are we at the beach? It's dark out and I’m wearing a dress.”

“Just get out of the car.” Liam urged. Confused, Tanner pushed the door open and crawled out, turning back to the boys and resting her hands on her hips. “Look.” Liam said, pointing past Tanner who turned and followed his finger. Across the beach stood Harry, dressed neatly in a suit and smiling widely. Around him were hundreds of white candles, all flickering in the gentle wind. A small white table was behind him, decorated beautifully with more candles and a bouquet of red roses.

“Oh my god.” Tanner breathed, removing her heels before walking into the sand. It would a horrible mood runner if she fell flat on her face because her shoe got stuck in the sand. “Harry, this is...” She couldn't speak. Her breath had been taken away by the mere sight of the arrangement.

“You look beautiful.” Harry grinned, taking her hand and kissing the top of it. He pulled her chair out, letting her sit down before sitting down on his side.

“I can't believe you did all of this.” Tanner smiled, reaching over and capturing his hand in hers.

-----

After eating and a bit of dancing to no music, Harry and Tanner were laying quietly on the beach; Harry's arms wrapped protectively around her while she rested her head on his chest.

“Harry?” Tanner whispered, sitting up and brushing down her dress. She turned her head to look at the boy who had his eyes closed, his head resting on his arm. “Tomorrow's the last show.” She stated. Harry opened his eyes, glancing over at the girl before sitting up. “Which means you're leaving in two days.”

“Let's not think about that.” He said, standing up and brushing the sand off his butt and removing his suit jacket. Suddenly, Tanner was being yanked up from the sand, her dress flying in the wind as Harry ran towards the water.

“Harry, no.” She screamed, hitting him when she realized what he was doing. “Put me down.” Just after the words left her mouth, they were both submerged, freezing cold water pricking at her skin. She pushed herself to the surface, taking in a big gasp of air and splashing at the laughing boy. “That is not funny.” She shivered. Harry swam over, wrapping his arms around her waist and picking her up. Even though she was frozen, she laughed and locked her arms around Harry's neck, smirking at him. “Zayn's going to be so pissed. It took him an hour to do my hair.” She whispered, pressing a kiss to the corner of Harry's mouth.

“Who cares.” Harry replied, taking the lead and pushing his lips onto hers. “Come on. Let's get you back to the hotel.” Harry said after pulling out of the kiss, carrying her out of the water. He placed her on the ground before wrapping his jacket around her, grabbing her shoes and reaching for her hand; Tanner didn't hesitate at all to slip her hand into his because she wanted more than anything to stay locked onto him for as long as she could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

So, sadly, this story is coming to end. There'll be another 3-5 chapters but after that, no more. Unless, of course, I decide to do a sequel. We'll see. ;)

Haha