Gotta Be You.

Surprises.

“What about this?” Eleanor asked, holding up a simple pair of shorts and a tank top. Tanner shook her head and stood up off the bed, nervously pulling at her hair which was curled to perfection.

“Maybe it would be better if I just didn’t go.” She said, pacing back and forth in the hotel room. Eleanor groaned and tossed a pair of jeans and a tank top onto the bed.

“You’re going.” She snapped. She pulled a pair of her sandals from her suitcase and handed them to Tanner. “I’ll be right next to you the whole time. No one is going to force you to talk to Harry. When you feel like you can’t handle it anymore, just tell me and I’ll get you out of there.” Tanner nodded and picked up the clothes, motioning towards the tank top.

“Do you not have something with sleeves?” She asked.

“Trust me, Tan, it’s going to be way to hot in there to be wearing sleeves.” Tanner agreed before walking into the bathroom and changing out of her clothes, sliding on the pants and tank top. Her bruises, though they weren’t as noticeable, were still there.

“El, I don’t think I can wear this.” Tanner said to Eleanor who was conveniently standing outside the bathroom door.

Rolling her eyes, Eleanor pushed the bathroom door, “You look…” She stopped, staring at the battered girl in front of her. Tanner crossed her arms over her chest, trying her best to hide the many scars and bruises. “What happened to you?” She breathed, walking forward, reaching out to touch Tanner but pulling away quickly.

“I’m clumsy, Eleanor. You know that.” Tanner shrugged, laughing off the bruises like they were just jokes. Eleanor fell back into the living room and dashed out of the hotel room. Tanner closed her eyes and sat down on the toilet, leaning down and putting her head between her legs, trying to regulate her breathing.

“Eleanor, calm down. What’s going on?” Louis said as Eleanor pushed him into the bathroom. Tanner shot up, again trying to hide her arms. Pointing at Tanner, Eleanor sobbed. “I knew you didn’t hit a table.” Louis said, walking forward and running his hand down Tanner’s arm. “I’ll fucking kill him, Tanner.”

“It’s no big deal, okay. It’s my fault.” Tanner breathed out, sucking in a deep breath when Louis pulled her into a hug. “I make him mad. I should stop that.”

“He has no right to lay a hand on you.” Louis shouted, holding the girl out at arm’s length. Louis brought her in for another hug and for the next ten minutes, they just stood there, crying into each other.

-----

“Why are we here so early?” Tanner asked, looking around the empty arena. Everything was so quiet, the only sounds coming from her own voice and the janitors that were picking up stray pieces of trash.

“The boys have sound check.” Eleanor replied, taking Tanner’s hand and linking their fingers together. Tanner and Eleanor were seated at the very top of the arena, far enough away that none of the boys could tell who either of them were.

To say Tanner was nervous was a huge understatement. Finally, after a year, she was going to see him, she was going to hear him. Tanner slid to the edge of her seat where she leaned against the railing. She watched as each of the boys walked onto stage one by one. When Harry walked out, Tanner noticed herself leaning forward a little more. They went through their set list once before Harry tossed his microphone to the ground and left the stage.

-----

This time, when Tanner looked around the arena, it was packed from wall to wall. Everywhere she turned, someone was screaming or crying or throwing out sexual phrases to the boys who weren’t even on stage yet.

“You look familiar.” Tanner turned her head to the girl sitting to her right and shrugged. “Have we met?” She asked, fidgeting with the poster that occupied her lap.

“I don’t think so.” Tanner replied, brushing her bangs behind her ear. The girl bit her lip before shrugging and holding out her hand.

“I’m Bailey.” Tanner was just about to reach for her hand when the lights dimmed causing the girl and everyone else to break out into hysterics. Tanner chuckled to herself and leaned forward, just like she did during their sound check.

Halfway through the concert, Tanner felt a hand grab her shoulder, turning her around.

“Paul.” Tanner yelled, having to scream over the thousands of fans. He nodded and smiled, waving for her to follow him. Not even thinking twice, she followed closely behind the man. At one point, while traveling through the arena, she had to hold onto the back of his shirt so she wouldn’t get lost in the crowd.

“Tanner?” Suddenly, everything stopped. The music, the singing, the screaming. Everything was dead silent as Tanner turned to look up at the boy who called her name on stage. “Tanner?” Harry repeated. He took a step forward before throwing the microphone across the stage and storming off. She could feel every single pair of eyes in the arena staring at her as she turned to Paul, who quickly rushed her from the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were all expecting but I still hope you like it. From this point on, there will be lots of more Harry! :) More Harry is always a good thing, right? ;)

Haha, anyways, thanks so much to everyone for all the feedback you're giving me. I can't tell you how happy I am. :')

Comment/Subscribe??