Not Your Typical Event

Not Your Typical Event, Chapter Four- Bloody Outcome

Luka's POV

Not two minutes after Dr. Hammon had left, agent Morgan returned, looking slightly angry. "What did you do to her ?" He demanded. I feigned innocence," To who ?" "Cut the bull-crap, she was only trying to help. Now she's in there crying, because of whatever you said to her." I looked at him, piercing him with my eyes. "Now I know it wasn't me, because I didn't say anything at all to her." He looked at me with mild disgust, leaving the room, shutting the door roughly behind him.

I sighed, feeling groggy from all of the medication I had been recieveing. I gave in, laying down, snuggling under the covers. A while later I heard a nurse come in and check my vitals, then leave quietly and shut the light off. The constant beeping and whirring sounds of the hospital were quite annoying, and did nothing to aid my sleep. I woke up and checked my phone, which had been given to me sometime earlier, and the time was four in the morning. In the light of my phone screen, I could see some type of liquid covering my right hand. My hand felt sticky, as did my pillow. Shining the light on both items, I bolted upright, almost accidently ripping out my IV tube. The susbstance was blood. I press the 'help' button near my bed, trying to determine where the blood ran from. My nose, I suddenly realized. This was not a good sign, it meant I could have intra-cranial bleeding, causing encephalitis, the swelling of the brain. I tilted my head back, pinching my nose, to cease the bleeding. A doctor, followed by a nurse, rushed in. The light was flicked on, and for the first time I noticed the capacity of the blood. My gown was soaked from about my collarbone to my third rib, and the blood saturated the pillowcase and even collected a little on the floor next to the bed. The nurse gasped, her hand flying to her face. The doctor paged someone else to assist, and he quickly prepared me for transport. The nurse collected herself and inserted some type of pale pink liquid into my IV bag. My bed was tilted up more so that I was in a sitting position. "Good," the doctor told me, telling me to keep my head like that. The nurse opened that door, and the doctor, Dr. Stevens, began rushing my bed down the hall. On the way by, I caught a glimpse of the agents turning to look at me, looking concerned. I wondered why they were still here....then I heard it; a paramedic talking to Hotch-" Two more victims, both DOA. We believe it was your guy again."

My attempted murderer was still out there, killing more victims. Lucky me to have survived.

They put me in a cat scan machine, and that's the last I remember. When I woke up, I was in a different room, my gown was a different color, and I was intubated, which I was pissed about. At least now I didn't HAVE to talk to Dr. Hammon, because I was physically unable too. I was smart enough not to fight the intubation, so I instead looked around for my chart. They had evidently gotten smarter, because this time, it wasn't to be found. My phone was gone, so I had no idea how long I had been out. I was pretty sure it was a day after my accident, which had been about noon yesterday, which had been a Wednesday. This room had two windows, one looking outside into the parking lot, where rain was pouring down, and one looking into the hosptial, at a big desk and a bunch of chairs against the wall. Potted plants dotted the corners, and coffee tables with health brochures were strategically placed in front of every third and fourth chair. Pastel watercolor paintings hung on the walls, and I could barely make out a blue plastic sign with white lettering on the wall behind a row of chairs; ICU.

Hotch's POV

I stayed at the hospital with Morgan, Gideon, and Prentiss, while Reid, JJ, and Rossi went back to headquarters to continue the case file. We had stayed because we wanted to interview the victims more, and apparently two more victims would be arriving shortly. It was four in the morning, and none of us had slept since the night before, and even then we had all arrived to work at about 8am. Everything we knew about the unsub thus far was jumbled, and we had evidently gotten the time frame wrong. A paramedic approached me, stating "Two more victims, both DOA. We believe it was your guy again."

Morgan looked pissed. "I can't believe we haven't caught this guy yet. His crimes are so careless, how are these people not seeing a large white SUV repeatedly ramming into people with his vehicle ! Why isn't anyone reporting having seen this vehicle, he can't possibly be that stealthly." Gideon looked at him, placing a hand on his shoulder," He is making a significant amount of killings, he has to mess up sometime. He's gonna get careless, his drive for the kill is too passionate. We'll catch him." I said nothing, simply keeping my lips set into a hard line.

Just then, a beep errupted from one of the rooms near us, and a doctor and nurse rushed in. The nurse gasped, then sut the door behind her. Suddenly, a hospital bed burst out, pushed by Dr. Stevens. He rushed past us with the young girl victim who had survived. She was covered in blood, but she seemed alert and gave us a curious glance on her way by. I sighed again, sitting in one of the hard plastic chairs across from her room. Gideon went to retrieve coffee, and Derek sat beside me, sighing as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Don't wonder why people go crazy, wonder why they don't."~Unknown