Status: Comments help me update faster! :)

Give The Kids A Show!

And a Little Bit of Consultation

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

"Wait a fuckin' second, new managers?!" Victor couldn't wrap his mind around it. Victor was the owner of Maxie's Place, the busiest bar and restaurant on the boardwalk. He was in his early to mid-40's, bald with a beard on his chin. We got to know each other in my first year when I worked in the ticket booth across from the restaurant. Everyday at closing I would buy a large Dr. Pepper from him. After a month he knew my order by heart. The week after that he stopped charging me and would have it waiting for me everyday at close.
"Four of them." I said and he shook his head with a chuckle.
"Hank, penny penny-pinching Hank hired FOUR new managers?!" He was in denial but I nodded as he handed a customer their Philly cheese-steak.
"That's ridiculous. What are their names?" He was fascinated.
"Mikey, Ray, Gerard, and-"
"Dawson your break's over!" Frank shouted from Teacups.
"Frank." I said and rolled my eyes.
"Is he giving you a hard time?" His eyes widened and he looked around me.
"No I've got it. He won't-"
"DAWSON!" Frank yelled
"You're sure?" He raised his eyebrows and I nodded.
"Yes Vic, I'm good." I assured him with a chuckle
". . . Because I could have his ass on a platter in-"
"I'll see you at close!" I called over my shoulder as I walked back to Teacups.

*Frank's P.O.V.*

***Closing***

I lit a cigarette as I started the short walk to employee parking. I thought over the day. I'll admit my first day wasn't that horrible. Almost everyone left me alone, probably because they thought I would kill them with my eyes. Almost no one gave me shit, key word ALMOST no one. Maggie Dawson was the exception. To be honest I gave her shit too. I knew her from school and I definitely knew her boyfriend. Let's just say James Conway wasn't exactly the leader of our fan club. Come to think of it, Me, Gerard, Ray, and Mikey were kind of our own fan club. We didn't look for Jame's approval or acceptance. He'd be working in the water park while the four of us moved on to do things that were bigger than just Belleville. I turned the street corner and saw Dawson walking a couple steps ahead of me.
"Dawson." I called and she didn't turn around. I jogged and closed the gap between us. "Dawson!" She spun, irritated
"What Frank, what?!" She snapped and was staring daggers at me.
"Do you need a ride?" I spit the words through my teeth, immediately regretting the offer. She was visibly thrown off.
"Um, no thanks. I've got one." She gestured to where James was starting up his red Jeep. I nodded shortly and walked to my white pick-up. I was parked right next to them and saw Dawson climb in with James. I felt eyes on me and looked up to see James glaring bitterly at me.
"Watch it." He mouthed silently before pulling out of the lot. Greeaattt. Now I was once again blinking on James's radar. I mean, I didn't look for his acceptance but I sure as hell didn't enjoy him and his followers beating the shit out of me. It was the first day of spring break and I was already dreading going back to school next week.

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

The ride home was weirdly silent for the most part.
"So why were you talking to Frank Iero?" He asked curiously. There was a hint of seriousness in his tone.
"He's one of the new managers. He wanted to know if I needed a ride." His eyebrows raised for a second.
"That was nice of him." He sounded kind-of . . . angry. "There's new managers?"
"Yup. Four." I answered shortly.
"Do they go to school with us? What are their names?"
"Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Frank." I said and he scoffed.
"Wow." He laughed. "How are they to you?"
"We'll I've only talked to Frank and he was a complete ass. The others seem pretty decent."
"Do you want me to handle it? I could straighten him." He was already plotting and planning.
"James you know I hate that shit. don't." I warned as he pulled up in front of my house and kissed me quickly. "Oh by the way I'm sleeping over Audrey's tonight so I won't need a ride to work but I'm gonna need a ride home."
"Mags I can't, the waterpark closes at 5 tomorrow and I'm hanging out with Adam all night. See if Audrey can get you home." I was so sick of the little bromance James and Adam had going on. James would blow me off about three times a week to hang out with Adam. I nodded and turned to walk away. "I love you." He called
"love you too." I called over my shoulder. I crept quietly in the door and closed it behind me. Mom was in her usual spot, passed out on the couch. The empty wine bottle and empty wine glass were in their usual spots on the coffee table next to her. I cleaned everything, packed a bag for Audrey's, and left a glass of water and two Alka-seltzer tablets on the table next to a note.

'Sleeping over Audrey's, then I have work @ noon. We need to talk.
-Mags'

I started the short walk over to Audrey's and was there in five minutes. Charlotte and Katie were already and making jokes about the weird customers of the day. Audrey's bedroom floor was covered with puffy sheets and huge pillows. We sat in a circle eating a tub of chocolate ice cream discussing our first day back.
"Weirdest customer you had/ saw today." I looked around and Katie raised her hand.
"Ooo I've got a good one. A guy came up to Ticket Booth A when I was talking to Mikey. He might have been the weirdest person I've ever seen. He was wearing a long sleeved white bodysuit that was covered in multicolored felt hearts, moose antlers, and white roller skates with pink pom-poms on the toes." We were cracking up.
"Bellevillans never fail to amaze me." Audrey took a deep breath to calm down .
"So you and Mikey were talking eh?" Charlotte wagged her eyebrows and Katie blushed and pushed her jokingly.
"Oh shut up! But yeah, we talked for a while, almost 'til close." She smiled to herself.
"What's he like?" I asked curiously
"He's really nice, dorky, funny, and kinda socially awkward." She smiled wider then turned to me . "How was Frank?" Me and Charlotte looked at each other.
"He's mean, bitter, cold, and angry at the world."
"He's a total ass." Charlotte said "He was horrible to Maggie at least."
"Did you tell James?" Audrey asked
"Yeah and he was really weird about it. He asked if I wanted him to 'straighten him out'. I mean, he's horrible but that's still messed up." I don't know what I would do if James went behind my back and beat up Frank.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey just a little note: I actually work at an NJ amusement park so the stories/descriptions of customers are actually legit in this chapter (Jersey people are fuckin' weird) also Victor is real as well. Thank you for reading and thank you to arirocker and KilljoyJinxxVincent for commenting!!

Feel free to tell me what you think!
-Kate