Status: Comments help me update faster! :)

Give The Kids A Show!

The Football Field

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

**Closing the next day**

I hadn't seen or heard from James once and I definitely didn't like the way we left off on the whole 'Frank situation' as the girls were calling it. He wasn't answering my texts and I was getting more and more irritated. I was sent to kiddie one for the day. Frank and I weren't even trying to fake like we got along. The less we talked the better my day went. He walked up to where I was standing at Airplanes.
"You're off." He said and I nodded as I grabbed my bag. I walked past Maxie's and waved goodnight to Vic before making my way to ticket booth B where Audrey was sent. I opened the ticket booth door and saw Audrey and Mikey sitting with their feet up on the counter.
"Cozy?" I chuckled and Mikey laughed and looked down. "Hi, I'm Maggie." I held out my hand and he shook it shyly.
"Mikey." He smiled and I looked over at Audrey.
"Are you off?" I looked at her and she looked at him.
"I don't know, am I?" She grinned and he nodded. She grabbed her bag and we turned to walk away but he called us back.
"Are you guys going to Kylie's party tonight?" He asked
"It it an open invitation?" Audrey asked with a mischievous grin.
"Yup. She said to invite all the workers. So feel free to invite your other two friends." He smiled a little, stepped out of the ticket booth and locked it up. "It's at her house. See you there." He said and turned and walked away. Katie and Charlotte walked over from Majors One.
"So are we going?" Katie already knew about the party.
"Might as well." Audrey turned to me. "We'll go to my house, get ready, go to the party and crash at my house." She already had a master plan.
"Audrey don't take this the wrong way but where the hell are you parents?" Charlotte laughed a little.
"They're off vacationing in Vermont. It wasn't really my sort of thing so I took the option of vacationing at Adventureland!" She said sarcastically. "So they left me $400 and told me to have fun. I intend to do just that." She grinned evilly. "Now c'mon we gotta get ready!"

** Later on**

Audrey pulled her black SUV on the street in front of the house. She had on a black tank top with blue shorts that perfectly matched the blue hair hidden underneath the rest of her black hair. She had her hair up in a high ponytail so that the blue hair was on display.. She'd lent me a white tank top and black shorts. Charlotte and Katie were laughing in the back seat as we all climbed out. You could hear the bass of the music through the walls of the house. I don't know why but I felt like tonight would change a lot. We walked in the house and Kylie bounced over.
"You made it! Drinks are that way," She pointed left "Pong is that way," She pointed behind her. "Couch is that way." She pointed to the right and I glanced over towards the couch and my eyes caught on him.
Oh fuck, I was gonna need a drink.

*Frank's P.O.V.*

I wasn't drinking. I thought it'd be weird to be drinking with the people that I was 'managing'. The only reason I was there was because Ray and Mikey knew two girls, Katie and Charlotte, would be there so they wanted to meet up with them. They almost had to physically drag Gerard out of the house. We both really didn't wanna be there. There were about 50 people in the small house. Gerard and I were sitting on the couch talking about nothing in particular when the front door opened. A girl with black and hair walked in. A girl with straight brown hair was behind her talking to a girl with long blonde hair. Behind the pack, looking extremely out of place, was Dawson. Kylie walked up and was smiling and pointing around. She pointed to the couch where we were sitting and Dawson made eye contact with me and walked quickly to the drink table.

**An hour and a half later**

I was talking to Gerard and the girl with the black and blue hair. Her name was Audrey. When she first sat down she was really guarded but surprisingly Gerard introduced himself. Soon they wandered off together and Mikey took their spot on the couch.
"You look like you could kill yourself." He said with a smirk. "What's your deal?" I shook my head but looked up and glanced at Dawson who was laughing and talking with Kylie. Mikey saw where I was looking. "She isn't like James. She's actually really nice." He looked over at her and she walked up to us.
"Hey Mikey, hi Frank." She said cheerfully sitting down on the arm rest closest to me. I could smell the alcohol on her breath.
"Hey Maggie, could you tell me where Katie went?" Mikey smiled
"Oooo!" She laughed and he blushed. "But she was sitting on the floor with Charlotte and Ray in there." She pointed down the hall.
"Thanks." He stood up and down the hall. She stood up and sat next to me.
"Ya know what Frank?" She leaned over.
"What Dawson?" I humored her
"You'd be good looking if you weren't such a dick." She shrugged. "You're really mean."
"Well-" We were interrupted when Gerard jogged up.
"Cops are on their way. We have to leave. Now." He said urgently. I stood up and offered Dawson my hand.
"C'mon." I said and she grabbed it, stood and swayed drunkenly. I awkwardly put my arm around her waist and looked at Gerard.
"We're gonna split up. We'd be too noticeable in a pack. Leave out the back door." He said and I pulled her through the crowds of people. We all got out the door and split up. I knew where we were going. As we turned the corner I saw four cop cars approaching.
"For the love of god Dawson please act normal." I whispered as a car pulled up next to us and the window rolled down.
"Where are you kids off to tonight?" A gray haired policeman asked looking suspicious.
"We're going to Rita's." I smiled innocently. I still had my arm around her and I felt her rest her head on my chest and nod.
"Alright, just stay out of trouble." He gave a short wave and pulled away towards Kylie's house.
"Psssssstt!" Dawson hissed at me. "Psssssssttttt Frank, you smell good." She whispered against my chest then broke out in a fit of giggles. I smiled a little and she stumbled forward.
"Thanks?" I laughed quietly
"No really! You smell like . . ." She took a second to think. "Mint, and fire, and, um, Adventureland." She smiled and laughed as we kept walking.
"I'm gonna take that as a compliment I think." I said and her eyes lit up.
"You should! It smells great and it works on you." She looked around as we reached our hide-out. "We're on the football field." She stated.
"Yup. And this is where we'll stay until you sober up a little bit. Sooner or later you're gonna have to puke." And she laughed as if I were crazy.
"Silly, I don't puke, I have alcoholic genes!" She smiled.
"Oh." I said simply. I wasn't expecting that but I'm not exactly sure she would have wanted me to know that if she were sober. She laid down in the grass and I laid next to her and put my hands behind my head.
"Frank?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you have a cigarette?"
"Yup." I rolled on my side and grabbed my pack and lighter out of my back pocket. I lit two and passed her one. We smoked in silence for a bit.
"Frank?"
"Yesss?"
"Why are you so mean to me? Why me in particular?" She seemed wayyyyy more sober than before.
"Honestly, your boyfriend and I aren't best buddies and him and his little friends have beat the shit out of us on a couple occasions." I wasn't sugar-coating anything because she was drunk. She rolled over on her side and faced me.
"Wait . . . he hit you? And who is 'us'?" She was definitely sobering up.
"Yeah he has. And us is Me, Mikey, Ray, and Gerard." She was shocked and looked mad and upset.
"Frank, I- I had no idea. I know that's a shit excuse but I'm so sorry. He fucking- . . . . he knows I hate that shit. I'm sorry. I had no idea, honestly." She was rambling and she was visibly upset. "How could he do that? I'm gonna kill him. Then I'm gonna apologize to Mikey, Ray, and Gerard. I'm so sorry Frank." She meant it. Mikey was right. She wasn't like him. Her green eyes looked at me. I didn't think.
I leaned in and kissed her.