Status: Comments help me update faster! :)

Give The Kids A Show!

Everything Hits The Fan

*Maggie's P.O.V.*

I didn't have the slightest idea why I all the sudden didn't give a shit about staying away from Frank. I think it was the fact that I saw the way James really treated him and how he was telling the truth about James being different with me. But even though I was giddy from finally kissing Frank again, I had to face James. He was frightening when he was like this. The smile fell from my face as I saw Jame's car parked on the street. I climbed in slowly, not knowing what I was getting myself into.
"I can't BELIEVE THIS!!" He screamed and slammed his hand on the wheel.
'Oh shit,'I thought. 'he knows.' I didn't know how he would but I felt my throat tighten up. 'Just play dumb!' I thought. "What happened?" I asked quietly. I didn't really care but I was afraid of him.
"The asshole fired me! I got fired because of that fucking moron!" His voice was so loud it was echoing in the small car.
"A week ago you said you had no problem with hi, now suddenly he's a 'fucking moron'?" I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an accusing eyebrow.
"I've fought him and his stupid friends once or twice, alright Maggie?! I lied." He said angrily.
"I could have told you that." I sneered. "And you got yourself fired, you asshole." His eyes widened.
"I'm sorry . . . WHAT?!" He bellowed and I jumped a little.
"You did it to yourself! Frank wasn't bothering you. He was following the park rules." I shouted. "You were the dumb fuck that had to shove him. It's your own damn fault. Plus you're dumb to go near him while you're in your work shirt. " I finished as he pulled up in front of my house.
"Get the fuck out of my car." He growled. "I'm done with you." He glared. "We're done. Get a new ride and I hope you enjoy him." I climbed out and slammed the door so hard I was afraid for a second the window would shatter. He drove off quickly and I stormed into my little house. Mom was passed out again and I walked past her and into my room. I wasn't upset the relationship was over, I was pissed that he was so horrible to Frank and that he thought he did nothing wrong. School tomorrow was going to suck. I knew it.

*** The next day ***

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I didn't see Frank sitting in the back of Geometry. I don't know why but I had a really horrible feeling in my stomach. I sat on the edge of my seat all period so that when the bell rang i was able to more or less run out the door. I heard a roaring crowd around the corner. I was pushed forward by two sophomores that were giggling and rushing towards the source of the roaring. Two freshmen boys walked out from around the corner, shaking their heads.
"Four-on-one." One of them said. "Not even worth watching."
"I know right?" The other said as they passed me. "Iero doesn't even stand a chance."
My heart went into my throat as I rounded the corner. There was a crowd that stretched across the width of the hallway. They were all circled around 5 people. I shoved my way through the crowd and gasped. Frank had blood gushing from his nose and over his mouth. He was on the ground and three guys I recognized as James' friend were kicking him in the ribs over and over again.
"STOP IT!" I shrieked as James, who'd been overseeing his friend's work from the sidelines, picked Frank up by his shirt and slammed him against a locker. He looked as if he was almost losing consciousness. I moved quickly without thinking and jumped on James' back. I was pulling his hair and sinking my nails into any skin I could reach. I dug my nails into the side of his face and he screamed and let go of Frank. He grabbed me by the upper arm and shoved me so that I was slammed against the locker next to Frank. He looked over, shocked to see me next to him. The back of my head smashed into the locker and I cried out. James turned back to Frank but I stepped in front of him. I felt my nose start to bleed as my thoughts started to cloud together.
"Maggie get out of here." He growled and there was blood running down his cheek from my nail marks. I shook my head and he grabbed me by my already bruised arm and swept me to the side. I was shoved and fell against his friend Adam's chest. His massive arms wrapped in a vice grip around me so I couldn't escape him. I watched as James pulled back his fist at Frank. Frank didn't even flinch. James froze as someone grabbed his fist and stopped him. He turned furiously and came face to face with Principal Brookes.
"Shit." I heard Adam mutter and he dropped me quickly. I lost my balance and hit the ground.
"You four," He motioned to James and his friends, "my office. You two," to me and Frank, "go to the nurse then come see me." The crowd quickly dispersed with Principal Brookes leading James and his friends away. I was still on the ground and I dabbed at my bloody nose. Frank slid against the lockers.
"Fuck." He gasped and winced before taking a shallow breath and looking over at me. "Are you okay? You're bleeding." He said over his own bloody lip.
"I'm fine, I hit my head but I'm good. What about you?" It was a stupid question, he was obviously in pain.
"I'm fit as a fucking fiddle." He chuckled but winced slightly.
"Sure you are, let's go." I stood up and had to focus to push the fogginess from my head. I offered my hand and he took it. He gasped and cursed quietly before he took another breath.I staggered when I took a step forward and Frank's hand was immediately on my arm. I cried out again as his hand closed around the old bruises on my upper arm. He let go quickly.
"Sorry!" He said nervously and I shook my head before we started walking again. "How did you, um, get those bruises?" He asked cautiously.
"Stupid James shit." I said quietly and he nodded.
"Thought so." He said and I heard the smug note in his voice.
"Please, just, not now Frank." I sighed as my head started to throb. "Please." I stumbled up to the nurses office door. Frank pushed it open and put his hand on my hip to steady me. Mrs. Broderick looked up from the magazine boredly. She saw the blood from my nose and Frank's various injuries and sat in stunned silence before springing into action.
"Sit, sit, sit!" she said grabbing gauze pads, an Ace bandage, and peroxide. She was immediately fussing over Frank's injuries. He didn't look too happy to have the old woman in his face but he stayed quiet. Five minutes later he was cleaned up. He looked better without the blood but his right cheekbone was bruised and his lower lip was split. "Where else are you hurt?" She asked and he gestured to his general area of his ribs. Her eyebrows furrowed and she reached out. "Alright tell me when it hurts." She lightly touched his ribs and he flew through the roof.
"Fucker!" He said loudly and she raised her eyebrows. "Yes that hurts! They all hurt!" He said before she backed up and handed him the Ace bandage.
"Have someone at home wrap it firmly around your midsection. Sorry, it's beyond my job description." She said before turning to me. "And what's wrong with you?" She asked curiously.
"I, um, hit my head on a locker and I'm just really dizzy." I said quietly. Whenever I raised my voice above a little bit above a whisper my head would throb. The fluorescent lights in the office were completely killing me. I felt like my head was splitting open.
"Any drowsiness? Foggy feeling?" She said and I nodded. She crouched down to eye level in front of me and pulled a tiny flashlight out of her back pocket. "Look straight ahead. She said and shined the light in my eyes. Her eyebrows creased after a little while. She sat back. "Your pupils aren't dilating normally. Margaret you're showing symptoms of a mild concussion. I don't want you doing any strenuous exercise and I don't want you sleeping for at least 10 hours." She said firmly and I nodded again. "I'm sending you both home to recuperate." She handed us both passes to the office. "Keep an eye on her Frank." She said sitting back at her desk and returning to her magazine. Frank stood with a flinch and turned and grabbed my hand. I stood and didn't get dizzy until I shifted my weight on my feet. He slid an arm around my waist and I rested some of my weight on him as my head spun. We made our way out of the nurses office and into Brookes' office. James and his friends were walking out as we approached the door. They were high fiving and laughing. I passed James and he gave a cruel smile.
"Have fun!" He glared and walked out as Brookes came out of his office.
"You two. In." He said and Frank helped me into one of the chairs. We sat and waited for him to say something. "Mr. Iero I want to hear your side of the story." Frank licked his lips and and started.
"I came in late and when I was at my locker James and his friends walked by and were talking shi-" He cut himself off and bit his lip. "crap. I brushed it off. But then he said something . . . . disgusting, about her." He nodded towards me and I could feel my eyes widen. He went on. "And I told them as nicely as I could to keep their mouths shut. Adam got in my face but James threw the first punch. And it went on from there." He shrugged and Principal Brookes raised his eyebrows before sitting back in his chair.
"Your story and Mr. Conway's story don't match up." He said before he turned to me. "Is there anything that could have happened to bring on the fight?" He asked.

*Frank's P.O.V.*

I shook my head, only hearing echos of James and his friends conversation.
"You were only dating her to get in her pants right?" Adam had asked
"Yeah" James laughed. "But that's why I have Clare." He gave and exaggerated wink to the guys and gave me a sick smile.
I was snapped from my thoughts with the sound of her sigh.
"Um, yeah. We broke up yesterday." She said quietly. Immediately half of my brain was focusing on keeping the smile off my face and the other half exploded with confetti shooters and fireworks.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's been ages since i posted last. i ran out of pre-written chapters but i have ALOT more hand written up.
thank you soooo so so much to my lovely commenters! i love you guys!
This story's only getting started ;)
feel free to comment!

-Kate