Status: Complete x

Keep Me On My Toes

Because That's Just As Good A Memory

I got an email the morning after seeing Josh, with all the information concerning the gig that I’d also won VIP tickets to. It was an intimate gig, only about a hundred people or so since the venue was pretty small. They’d provided me and whoever I took with hotel rooms (2 rooms' actually, very nice ones) and breakfast on them. I’m still not too sure who ‘them’ were but whatever, I’m not complaining.

I walked downstairs still in pyjamas with a smile on my face after checking the time. 7:55 Am. 5 minutes before my alarm was due to go off.

‘What’s got you all smiley? Thinking about your date with Josh?’ My mom teased.

‘It wasn’t a date, mom. But oh my God imagine if it was oh my God I love him oh God.’ Yeah, this is usually how conversations about Josh happened. My mom laughed and walked off to feed the puppy, leaving me in the kitchen. I grabbed a drink and walked back upstairs, I needed to get ready to see friends later on. I hadn’t seen Francesca in God knows how long, and it wouldn’t be cool if I was completely late.

I showered and looked through all my new clothes, before deciding on a plain white tee with some little brands logo, leggings with a lace strip down the side, creepers and a camo jacket. I straightened out my hair then made it wavy and shoving on a beanie, before putting on my makeup that everyone knew I always wore. I really need to change it up a bit, gah.

It was already 11, so I left pretty quickly after shouting goodbye to my mom, knowing that I was going to be late. I drove to hers and made record time, only ending up 5 minutes late.

‘Heeeeey!’ We practically screeched at each other at the exact same time, before she dragged me inside her front door. I’d always gone to hers when we went to the same school, but when I moved to a different school for sixth form we just stopped seeing each other. I still knew her house plan like the back of my hand, and lead the way up to her room.

‘So, what’ve you been doing?! It’s been way too long,’ she said with a grin. We always did like to gossip.

‘Well... nothing really, just been busy with school, it’s our final year next year so I’m pretty stoked for that. Have you thought about uni’s or anything?’

‘No. Don’t even. I’m not talking about school now. That comes later bro! Tell me gossip c’mon!’

‘But you don’t know anyone I go to school with! So it sucks. Tell me your gossip! You obviously have something you want to say,’ I said with a laugh. She’d stayed at the same school, as had most of our friends but I decided to be different and move.

‘Well… remember Frannie?’ I nodded- of course I did! Who didn’t? ‘Well, remember how everyone always thought she was a slag, but then thought she wasn’t? Well…. She is. She got pregnant at the end of year 11 and only told people at the start of last year!’

‘OH MY GOD NO WAY?!!?!?’ She was one of those girls that dressed and acted like a slut but actually wasn’t at all, she just wanted people to think she was.

‘YES!!!!! Everyone was like oh God, and no one knows who the father is- not even her!’

I laughed at that, I really shouldn’t and I know that’s pretty evil to do but oh this was brilliant. ‘There goes her porn star career down the toilet.’ I retorted with a snort. Yeah, a snort. I’m so lady like.

We carried on this way for about an hour or so before we decided to walk down to the local cricket pitch where people always just went to cotch about and play football usually.

We sat in the sun, each with one earphone in, listening to All Time Low, just like old times. I thought it would be awkward, but it’s the same as ever. Why did I ever stop seeing my old friends?

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out, smiling slightly at the background which was still the picture from the first time I met Josh back when I was 14. It was so cute. ‘You still have that?’ Francesca smiled.

‘Of course I do, still love him as much as I always have,’ I grinned back. She didn’t know about the previous day, I just hadn’t gotten around to telling her.

I glanced down at my phone to check the message, and grinned even more.

From: Josh
To: Siana
Not to sound creepy but… I can see you :D x

From: Siana
To: Josh
Erm that’s a bit weird and I’m pretty sure you can’t? xox

From: Josh
To: Siana
I can! You’re sitting watching some guys play football and you’re with a girl with brown hair! And you’re wearing a camo jacket. The one I bought you :P xx

From: Siana
To: Josh
Oh dear lord ahhahaahah you top stalker. Come say hey.

I knew Francesca would freak- she loves You Me At Six and Josh nearly as much as me.

‘I told you I could see you- believe me next time!’ A voice yelled from behind me. I smiled and turned around from my spot on the grass.

‘I didn’t realise you stalked me now!’

I looked at Francesca and she was trying to stay cool inside, but she was pretty much looking like a fish with her mouth wide open.

‘Francesca, this is Josh. Josh, this is Francesca,’ I introduced as Josh sat next to me.

‘Hey,’ He smiled over at her.

‘Hey. I’m sorry but are you Josh Franceschi?’ I burst out laughing as Francesca tried to get rid of her blush. Trust her.

‘Yeah, I am haha. I met Siana yesterday thanks to this competition thing,’

‘Oh right. Cool.’ She said, looking back to the boys playing football.

‘Why are you here then, Josh? Other than following me everywhere, obviously,’ I asked with a raised eyebrow.

‘Well... I’m meant to be playing with the guys over there but you know, some pretty girls distracted me,’

I laughed shyly, knowing he was joking but still, I was fangirling and dying on the inside. ‘Wait, the guys?’ I asked after a second.

‘Yeah… The band and a few other guys. I think Edward from Cheer-up’s here as well. Love that guy.’

‘Are you telling me that like, my favourite band has been playing football over there the whole time and I’ve not noticed this? Dear lord what’s wrong with me.’

‘Aww we’re your favourite band? That’s cute. We won’t be when you get to know us better! We’re massive twats,’ he said fondly.

‘Go play with them; stop intruding on my girl time! Come say bye when you’re leaving okay?’

‘Okay!’ he said with a grin to me then another grin to Francesca. Aww, he’s so cute. And hot. And sexy. And perfect. And oh God Siana shut up.

Once he was a safe distance away, Francesca turned on me with wide eyes, ‘WHAT WAS THAT OH MY GOD WHAT?!’ I laughed and explained the whole thing to her, not missing out one detail.

‘Siana, I am not joking when I say I genuinely think he’s a bit sweet on you,’ she said, still with her eyes like saucers.

‘Don’t be so stupid,’ I said with a smile and laugh, but deep down I got butterflies again. What if he did like me?

We stayed there for a while longer, watching the guys play until they all started walking over and sat in a circle with us. Umm… okay? That was weird.

‘Don’t mind us crashing your little party do you?’ said Josh, elbowing Max out the way and sitting next to me. Francesca, who never ever appeared star struck (we’d done our fair bit of celeb stalking before) looked genuinely dazed as Dan sat next to her. Aww someone has a crush.

‘Nah it’s fine haha, we were thinking about going now anyways,’ I said with a little smile.

Josh groaned, ‘Nooooo don’t leave us. You’re the only girls here. Remember what I said before?’

‘Haha okay fine, as long as you make it worth our time,’ I said back, remembering his comment on it always being a sausage-fest.

‘Mattttyyyyy,’ Josh whined, dragging Matt’s name out for way longer than needed. I smiled again at his antics; all I seemed to be doing these days is smiling.

‘What Josh?’ He said, trying to act irritated but smiling nonetheless.

‘Please buy some beers pretty please,’ he said, fluttering his eyelashes.

The rest of the guys joined in with numerous little digs such as ‘Yeah, go on Matty, go and buy all your best friends some beers,’ or ‘Do what the princess says Matty, or no sex tonight,’ We all laughed as more and more was said until he finally got up with a huff.

‘Fine. But you’re getting some when we run out,’ he pointed at Chris who kept making sex related comments.

‘Fine by me bro,’ Chris murmured.

Chess and I were a few months off being old enough to drink, but whatever. Josh and the guys didn’t have to know that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I think this is way better than the first chapter personally. And I apologise for how late this is- I've been busy!

Chapter title thanks to Alex Day- Forever Yours

http://www.polyvore.com/chapter/set?id=57246258#stream_box Siana's outfit