Status: Active.

Love Bites

Slow Beginnings

Bzzzzzz. Bzzzzzz. Bzzzzz . I lied in my bed as I heard my phone ring on my night stand for the hundredth time. I was in no mood to be answering my phone, to anyone. I had been cheated on and dumped by my boyfriend, and he didn’t even feel bad. I know… It’s been almost a week since he’s dumped me, but it takes a lot of time for me to get over things. It didn’t help that tomorrow was the first day of school and I was still up, thinking about Aiden. Sometimes, I wish my mom was still alive. Sighing, I rolled over and picked up my phone to check who called. Stiles? I thought to myself. He knows I don’t want to talk to anyone. Sighing again, I threw my sheets off my body and walked to the bathroom.

Flicking the lights on, I glanced at the mirror seeing how hideous I looked. My eyes were puffy and red with a nose to match and my hair was sticking out in every direction possible. I turned my head away quickly and turned on the showering, peeling off my clothes and jumping into the shower. For once, my spinning mind turned calm and I relaxed. That was, until I heard a loud crash.

“Dad?” I called out, frantically. Turning off the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and slowly walked slowly towards the loud crash. I heard a male voice mumble a few curse words followed by a few footsteps, coming from my room. “Who’s there?” I yelled out, grabbing the closest thing to me (which was a picture frame). I walked into my room and rose up the picture frame, ready to swing. Before realizing the familiar buzz cut hair style, I thumped him. Hard. Before giving him time to react, I pinned his arm behind his back. “Who are you?! What are you doing in my room?!” I put my pressure on his arm.

“Scar, calm down!” A familiar voice struggled out. “It’s Stiles, your best friend!” I gasped, and dropped his arm, pulling him up to face me.

“What the hell, Stiles! You scared the living crap out of me!” I exclaimed. Stiles rubbed his arm in pain and opened his mouth, but he quickly shut it and started to blush. I furrowed my brows and shot him a questionable look. “What? Cat got your tongue so soon?” Stiles scared the back of head and looked the opposite direction from me.

“You… should probably get dressed. Just meet me in the jeep after your done changing, and I’m not taking no for an answer, Scarlett.” With that being said, Stiles looked at the floor and scurried out of my room. Get dressed? I thought to myself. Realizing I had only been in a towel, I quickly got dressed into the first warmest clothes I could find. I slipped on my boots and grabbed my phone before running out my front door and to Stile’s beat up Jeep. He stood by the passenger, fiddling with his phone until he heard me approach him.

“Hey,” Stiles said with a small grin on his face. “Get in the car, I got some exciting news for you and Scott.” He opened the door and pushed me into the seat before I had time to even react. The next thing I know, him and I are on the path to Scott’s house.

“So…” He started to break the awkward silence.

“What’s this all about, Stiles?” I said, getting right to the chase.

“Well, I was listening to my dad’s police scanner and-“

“You mean the police scanner he told you not to listen anymore, right?” I interrupted. “If it is, take me home. Now. I’m not risking getting grounded another month because I decided to be your partner in crime. Our dad’s are going to kill us if the catch us!” My father worked along Sherriff Stilinski and had been best friends since high school, hence why Stile and I were best friends.

“Relax, relax! I’ll make sure they won’t catch us, but since you rudely interrupted me, you’re going to have to wait, like a good girl.” He cooed. Grumbling, I bopped him on the head and stared out the window, thinking about why I even listened to Stiles in the first place.
After a few minutes of some more driving, we arrived at Scott’s house and Stiles had a plan to scare Scott, since he wasn’t picking up his phone.

“You’re going to give him a heart attack, you know.” I said plainly, as I watched Stiles jump onto the tree.

“Shhhhhhhhhhhh, he’s coming.” I rolled my eyes and sat on the hood of the jeep, waiting for the disaster to happen. A few seconds later, Scott walked out the front door holding a bat. Stiles popped out from the tree and they both screamed at each other, back and forth. I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

“Stiles, what the hell are you doing?!” Scott finally exclaimed, not letting go of his grip on the bat.

“You weren’t answering your phone!” Stiles exclaimed back. “Why do you have a bat?” Scott glanced the bat and released his grip.

“I thought you were a predator!” As they talked out their small issue, I jumped off the hood of the car and caught on to the last part of what Stiles had said while walking towards them. Apparently, two joggers found a dead body in the woods and they don’t know if it was murder or not, and also which half of the body it was. I rolled my eyes.

“Really, Stiles? Is that why you scared the living crap and of me and interrupted my shower?” I said harshly. A shade of red suddenly reappeared on his face. “Hey, Scott.” I gave a small smile. He returned it.

“Hey, Scar.” He gave me a small hug, which I returned. “Are you… okay?” I looked at the ground and bit my lip. I was about to answer before Stiles broke the small, awkward silence.

“Look, school starts tomorrow and we barely had any adventures this summer!” I snorted, recalling that he was the reason I was grounded for most of the summer. “Come on guys, please?” Stiles gave a small pout. Scott and I looked at each other then back at Stiles.

“Fine,” I agreed. “BUT, if we don’t find the body, you’re dead.” Stiles smiled like a five year old on Christmas Day and ran to the jeep. I shook my head and walked to the car slowly. I’m so going to regret this in the morning .
♠ ♠ ♠
Bear with me please! It's my first story and I'm barely getting back into writing. So please, some feed back? (:
And I want your opinion sooner rather than later. Do you guys want Scott, Stiles, or Derek to be Scarlett's love interest? I couldn't decide so I'd rather ask you guys (:
Let me know!