Status: Active.

Love Bites

He Blames Me

“Are you ready to go, Scarlett?” My dad asked from behind my door. I sighed and took one last look in the mirror. My make-up was dark, but the way my mom had always done it. My wavy hair was slightly enhanced into loose curls, just like the way my mom did her hair every morning. I guess you can say today was all about her.

“Yeah, dad.” I finally answered. “I’ll be out in a bit.” I heard the shuffle of his feet and a few sighs. It hurt my dad just as much as it hurt me. I blinked back the tears forming in my eyes, not wanted to ruin any of my make-up. I wanted to deliver the flowers to my mother looking like the beautiful daughter she had always said I was. I grabbed my clutch and stuffed tissues into it. I know dad and I will need these later. I thought to myself.

I finally got out of the mirror and walked into the hallway, to see my dad, Matthew Adams, dressed in a nice suit and holding a bouquet of lilies, mom’s favorite flowers. I would always question where I got my dark hair color since my mom, Kendra Rizzo-Adams, had the same color hair as my dad. I shrugged it off, figuring I would learn genetics in biology later on in the year.

“You okay, pumpkin?” My dad asked, giving me a weak smile. I nodded and we both headed towards his car. It would be one hell of drive since mom’s grave was near Oregon, which was a two hour drive from Beacon Hills with traffic. I hopped into the front seat and rested my head onto the window. Stay strong for mom, Scarlett. I told myself. You can do this.

~*~


“Hey, mommy.” I smiled, staring at her grave. I gently placed the bouquet of flowers under the piece of metal. “I miss you.”I chocked out, hiding my tears. My dad seemed to have fallen into a depression. He hung his head, not saying a single word. His eyes seemed to be glistening, but no tears had seemed to be falling out of his eyes. A cold breeze came by, making me button up my coat more.

“It’s because of them.” I heard my dad mutter. “It’s because you were a prodigy.” He picked up his head and glared at me. “It’s because you wanted extra training, so your mom had to go with you.” He spat. “It’s your fault she was changed into a – “ He stopped and balled up his fists. I stared at him confused.

“Changed into a what?” I asked quietly. My dad was never one to yell at me. He was a calm, loving father. He shook his head and glared at me. I flinched at his once warm eyes now turned into cold, hard ones.

“Nothing.” He spat. “Nothing at all. Now say your goodbyes, it’s almost three. I have to be at your grandmother’s by six.” He stated coldly. I nodded my head and told the small piece of metal that I loved her and will see her soon. The whole time I felt my dad glare at me, even when I walked to his huge range rover, I could feel his cold stare.

“Hey, dad?” I started. He grumbled in annoyance as a response, as he put the keys into the ignition. “I have a volleyball game this Saturday and I was wondering if you wanted to-“

“No.” He said coldly. “I’m not coming.” He started the car and didn’t look at me once. I stared out my window, blinking back all my tears. I watched all the trees pass by, until I saw the familiar glowing red eyes, which seemed to be following the car.

“Scarlett.” I heard someone whisper. “I’ve finally found you.” I thought I had been hearing things, so I turned forward and slumped into my seat, playing with my stockings. This day just went from bad to worse.

~*~


My dad left without saying goodbye or telling me anything. I couldn’t help but cry. I took off my dress and make-up of course. My dad somehow blamed me for my mother’s death after ten years. He was my only family left. I didn’t have any brothers or sisters. All my cousins lived too far for me to hang out with, so that left me with Scott and Stiles. But now, Scott has a girlfriend and Stiles might be chasing after Lydia. I sighed and cried silently into pillow.

Bzzzz. Bzzzz. Bzzzz.” I picked up my phone and answered, not knowing why exactly.

“Hey, Scarlett.” Scott’s happy voice echoed in my ear. “I haven’t really seen you around and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with Allison and me?” I could feel him smiling, but instead of trying to find words to say I sobbed. I sobbed and whimpered, knowing my mother was dead because of her father. “Oh, shit! Scarlett, I’m sorry. I didn’t- I’m sorr- Please don’t cry!” Scott cried. I heard someone hit Scott and then he realized what today was. Before he could say anything more, I hung up. I lied in my bed, with the complete empty, dark house all to myself for the next three days. My sobs calmed down and I could feel the wetness of tears on my pillow. I was calm, until I heard frantic footsteps coming up the stairs.

“Dad?” I called out, getting up from my bed. Instead, I found an out of breath Stiles standing at my door. “Stiles?” I croaked out. “What are you doing here?” I grabbed a tissue and blew my nose. Before I could even throw away my tissue, I felt Stiles hug me tight.

“It’s okay, Scar. I’m here now. Just let it all out.” Stiles whispered gently. He sat down facing me and pulled me into his chest. I couldn’t help it after that. I let everything out. I sobbed and whimpered harder than I ever had. And for once, I didn’t feel alone or hurt. I felt loved like someone finally cared about me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Depressing chapter for my depressing mood .__. Anyway, sorry I didn't update sooner! My internet was having problems yesterday D:

So, do you guys see the difference in her father now? It kinda sucks and honestly, writing this chapter made me more depressed :C I'll make things happy soon though (:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS. OMG. I like. LOVE YOU GUYS. OMG. I wish I could put all of you in my story, but I don't want to make you guys bench warmers on the volleyball team o:

Comment please! I want to know how I did (: Rec! Sub! Etc! :'D I should have listed Scarlett's parents in the character thing, but I got lazy soo:

Scarlett's Dad
Scarlett's Mom