Status: Active.

Love Bites

He Knows

Beep. Beep. Beep.” I low groan escaped the corner of my mouth as an annoying beeping noise kept disturbing my peaceful sleep. I shifted my weight as I tried to move to my left, but as soon as I rested all my weight, needles were digging into my arms.

“Son of a nutcracker!” I hissed in pain, fluttering open my eyes. White walls surrounded me as well as white floors and a white bed to match. I knew where I was and I absolutely hated this place.

“Scarlett?” A gentle, serene voice called out. I looked up by the slightly cracked door, seeing familiar curly haired women, dressed in scrubs.

“Ms. McCall? I thought you don’t work Fridays nights?” I asked curiously.

“Sweetie, it’s Sunday night. You’ve been out for two days.” She told me, with her eyes full of worry. Her heartbeat seemed to be increasing as well, not knowing how I could hear that. I felt confused, not know what was going on.

“What’s going on, Ms. McCall? I don’t remember what happened.” I said, blanking out from what happened two nights ago. She sighed and walked into my room, pulling up a chair next to me.

“Scarlett, you were attacked by the mountain lion. And after you were screaming bloody murder, Stiles came running out saying you took off. After the police sent a search party out for you, they found you unconscious in the middle of the forest.” She explained, taking my hand to caress. I realized that it all came back to me. The Alpha marked me and Derek took me somewhere, but I knocked out before I could even ask where he was taking me. I looked down at my pale hand as Ms.McCall’s tan one caressed it soothingly.

“What about my dad? Has he stopped by?” I questioned, knowing he probably hadn’t. Ms.McCall hesitated before answering.

“You know, with work all the files that he’s getting and the work load he has, he-“

“Please, just answer the question.” I cut her off quietly, still looking at my hand. Her heartbeat seemed to have gotten quicker and she stopped caressing my hand. She pulled up my chin and made me look her in the eyes.

“He still loves you, Scarlett. He’s just busy with work. He stopped by once, but he didn’t show any emotion. Just give him some time and he’ll come around.” I nodded my head, tearing away from her gaze. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. What was I going to tell him if the Alpha comes after me again?

~*~


I was released Monday afternoon. I was still wearing my clothes from Friday and was glad to see the cardigan still smelled like Stiles. Oh Stiles, how I really just wanted to bury my face into your chest. I thought to myself. I loved his scent; it always gave me a feeling of security. I walked around in circles at the hospital, waiting for someone to pick me up. I called the police station asking for my dad, so hopefully the alerted him that his daughter was stranded. A sound of sirens and a honk caught my attention.

“Pops?” I questioned to myself. Sheriff Stilinski let out a big grin and stepped out of the police cruiser. I called him Pops since I saw no problem with having a second dad. My real dad was alive and I knew I wouldn’t be able to replace him, but Ms.McCall is a different story.

“Hey kiddo, glad to see that you’re okay.” Pops chirped, giving me a bear hug. I smiled, knowing that at least I still had a father figure in my life. After a few more smiles, we were in the police cruiser, heading back to my house.

“Listen, kiddo. Your dad had a rough night so he’s probably still sleeping. The guys told me you called, so I figured ‘Ah, what the heck. She’s the daughter I never had, so I might as well pick her up.’ And I’m sure your dad wouldn’t mind too much.” He grinned at me while he explained this. I laughed at his dorkiness, knowing he only wanted what was best for me as well.

“Thanks, Pops. I hope you weren’t too harsh on Stiles that night I… ran away.” I furrowed my brows, recalling what had been said to me last night. Pops made a left turn before speaking again.

“After seeing the terror in his face, I couldn’t. Trust me, I was worried sick about you too.” He replied, in a hushed tone. “Well here’s your stop, kiddo. Easy on adventures now.” I smiled and nodded my head. “Is that Stiles’?” He asked, referring to my cardigan. I nodded again and gave him a hug goodbye. Walking to my front door, I noticed the Range Rover was in its regular parking spot. Odd.

“Dad, I’m home.” I stated, as I kicked off my shoes before closing the door. Precious barked at my feet in excitement and noticed how full of food her dog bowl was. “Dad?” I called out. I started up the steps of the stairs and noticed a clutter of paper all over the floor. Some of files on people, but most were newspaper articles. I looked around and noticed the mess had started from my dad’s study. “Dad?” I walked in, seeing my dad breathing heavily, gripping onto the computer table for support.

“Scarlett,” He breathed heavily. I ran to aid him.

“Daddy! What’s wrong?” I latched onto his arm, looking at his face. His lips were purple and his face was pale, almost as if he saw a ghost.

“I know.” He said almost demonic.

“What, dad?” I questioned firmly, gripping his arm tighter. He shook me off his arm then pushed me to the floor.

“I know you’re marked.” Suddenly, I was scared for my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys make me sad. I got a shit load of subscribers and like 2 comments. .__. and on top of that my turtle died Monday. So I was really depressed. Sorry for the delay on updating, but I feel under appreciated lol.

SO. HER DAD KNOWS. WTF. HOWWWW? Stay tuned ;D