Status: Active.

Love Bites

Life Lessons in Volleyball

“Adams heads up!” Someone yelled. I snapped out of my daydream and looked up, seeing a flying white object in the air. The next thing I know, I’m on the ground. I wasn’t paying attention to the ball and got hit in the face. I groaned and rolled over to the outside of the volleyball court. I don’t want to risk getting hurt again.

“Owie, my face.” I whined, sitting up from my spot. I rubbed the back of my head since that hurt the most from my fall.

“Oh my gosh, are you okay?” A tall, brunette ask, offering her hand the help me up. I grabbed her hand and smiled as she pulled me up.

“Yeah, I’m fine. There’s just a lot on my mind.” I told her. She nodded her head and checked to see if I was bleeding anywhere. “Who hit that ball? Did someone spike it over the net?” She laughed nervously and scratched the back of her head.

“I hit it. I didn’t think you would get hurt though! You’re a really good player so I thought you’d have dove for it. I’m really sorry!” She rambled. “I didn’t mean to and-“ I stopped her before she had a panic attack.

“Relax, I’m fine.” I smiled to reassure her. She sighed in relief. “It wasn’t your fault anyway. It was my fault for not paying attention.” I explained. She nodded her head and opened her mouth something, but Coach Harrison yelled at us.

“Adams! Knight! Get back in the game! This isn't the Boston Tea Party here!” Coach exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity and looked back at the girl.

“Your last name is Knight? That’s pretty cool.” I said. She laughed and waved off my comment.

“It’s whatever. I’m Brittany by the way. It was pleasure hitting you in the head.” She joked, holding out her hand. I held out mine and we both shook hands.

“Scarlett. And it was my pleasure getting hit, please do it again!” We both laughed and headed to our sides of the court. My head was clear after my little encounter with that stupid ball and I made sure it didn’t happened again.

~*~


“Alright, ladies” Coach said, rounded up the whole team after an intense practice. “As I said, I would be announcing our captain, co-captain, and our starting position players. So first let’s start wi-“

“Actually, yesterday you said there would be two captains.” A girl corrected, in a snotty tone. I snorted quietly and sat down, not bothering to look at her. Brittney sat next to me and fixed her messy hair.

“That was the case, but no one proved to me that they could handle it better than Adams can. So Adams, you are the new Captain of Beacon Hills Varsity Volleyball.” Coach said with a small smile. I heard the snotty girl gasp and throw a tantrum. I stared at him wide-eyed and let my mouth hang open. “Since you’re captain, that also means you’re the libero. So don’t disappoint the team.” I nodded my head fast and smiled the biggest I’ve ever had in awhile.

“Good job!” Brittany congratulated, giving me a small hug and a high five. I whispered an excited thank you and listened to Coach announce the fate of the rest of the team.

“Brittany Knight, Co-Captain and starting setter.” Coach announced. I returned her high five as well as a hug. I mumbled a good job and smiled at her. She smiled back and squealed out a ‘thank you.’ “Our starting hitters will be Cecilia Pierce, Amber Soto, and Kelly Nguyen. And our middle blocker will be Corina Blake. So let’s give a round of applause to our starting players.” The team clapped for each other and gave each other “congratulations” or “good job’s” Once Coach told us that the benchwarmers will play, everyone headed for the locker room, except for the six starting players and some random blond girl. The rude girl then came up to me and I suddenly recognized her face

“Lookie here, Adams” She spat. “I stole your boyfriend and I could easily take away your spot as captain. But I won’t. I should give you something since you have nothing, you loser.” She smirked. I could feel the anger boil up inside me and had half a mind to punch her in the face, but one of my teammates step in. Her perfect wavy, dark brown hair was tied up into a high ponytail.

“Hey, Biancaaaa.” She dragged on. “Wait for me in the locker room so we can go get our nails done, okay?” She smiled and pushed away that slut Bianca before she said anything. “I’m really sorry about her. I’m Corina by the way.” I nodded my head and mumbled my name. “She’s just threatened by you is all. But you have nothing to worry about. You’re an amazing volleyball player and deserve to be captain.” I smiled and she headed off to the showers.

“Don’t let Bianca get you down.” A girl chipped in. “And I’m Cecilia by the way.” She adjusted her braid and streaks of purple were scattered all over. “There’s more to life than being upset over what could have been. And dumb bitches.” She joked.

“She might be a dumb bitch, but she’s a dumb bitch that stole my boyfriend. She took him away from me and I really hate her because of it.” I said, trying to not show my anger.

“Like I said, there’s no point of being upset over what could have been. If your ex really did love you, he would have never cheated on you. So you should honestly just say fuck him and have your own fun.” She smiled and put her fingers on my lips, pushing my lips up to smile. “Smile and just do you. He’s just a boy. We’ll find some more for you, so don’t worry.” She giggled and dropped her fingers.

“Hey, Scarlett!” Brittney yelled, catching Cecilia’s attention as well. “This is Kelly and Amber.” She pointed to an Asian girl with beautiful facial structure and a girl with green eyes and red streaks in her perfect black hair. “We all thought that it would be a good idea for the six starters should have some team bonding at Jackson’s party.”

“That’s a fantastic idea! I’ll tell Corina when we get to the locker room!” Cecilia exclaimed. “It’s perfect way to find Scarlett a new boytoy!” The four girls all nodded their heads excitedly. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

“I’d rather not guys. Thanks for the offer, but it’s okay! Really, I’ll be fine with my new-“ Amber silenced me with one finger.

“Nonsense, we’re finding you a guy whether you like it. Right, girls?” Amber looked at the other three. They squealed and dragged me to the locker room before I headed home. Opening my locker, I took out my phone and sent a text to Stiles.

Fine..I’ll go to the party. BUT ONLY BECAUSE THEY VARSITY GIRLS ARE MAKING ME.


Yes! Pick you up at 7. [:


I heard a gasp over my shoulder. “OUR CAPTAIN HAS A DATE TO THE PARTY. REPEAT, OUR CAPTAIN HAS A DATE TO THE PARTY.” The starting six all squealed and said their “awes” I smacked my forehead. There really was no use to explain to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the really long wait for me to update! I was at a wedding at yeahhhhh. I just got back late last night. But I promise to upload a lot of chapters this week and next week (: If I get 5 comments on this chapter today, I promise to have another chapter up. But that's only if I get 5 comments xD Shouldn't too hard since I get 3-4 comments per chapter x) 1 extra comment won't kill me, right? o.o
Anyway, sorry it's a filler. But these girls will help Scarlett out a lot in the future! So stay tuned for the party, cause DRAMA WILL GO DOWN. I swear it will ;D