Status: Active.

Love Bites

Always Best Friends

Things really changed after I kissed Derek. Stiles ditched me at the party then ignored all my calls and texts and even started to ignore me at school. Scott started to act weird and spent more time with Allison, leaving Stiles as a third wheel. Allison had being trying to talk to me, but I would always make an excuse to not talk to her. As for Derek, he just seemed so nonchalant about the whole situation and took off for another girl after the party. Well, at least that kiss meant nothing to him. I ran my fingers through my natural wavy hair and grabbed a handful of popcorn. Today was Wednesday, so that means I would have to go visit my mom tomorrow. It also meant that I didn’t have to go to school tomorrow, which made my situation somewhat better. I sighed and leaned against my bed frame, stuffing the popcorn in my mouth.

“Sweetheart, you have a visitor!” My dad called from downstairs. I groaned and didn’t answer, hoping he wouldn’t send anyone up. I wasn’t in the mood and I looked like a fatass with all the food around me. I continued to watch The Lion King as if I never heard my dad. “Knock knock.” My dad said in a singing tone, while knocking on my door.

“I’m decent dad. You can come in.” I said. I appreciated the fact that he knocked, since most dads don’t really do that. But I guess it’s the easiest way for him to know I’m not naked or anything. My dad cracked the door open.

“Did you hear me, sweetie? I said you have a visitor.” He stated, noticing all the junk food around me. “And don’t eat too much of that. You’ll get pimples and act like girl about it.” He teased. I gasped and threw a piece of popcorn at him, which frankly, he caught in his mouth.

“Whatever Dad, you’re not that cool.” I teased back. He pretended to be offended and dramatically started to fake cry. “But anyway, who’s here dad? Is it a girl?” He shook his head.

“I’ll send him up. I got to go down to the station real quick. You know the rules.” He said firmly. “Stiles, get up here!” My eyes widened. Stiles? He’s probably messing with me. I know he’s messing with me. I told myself. Sure enough, Stiles familiar buzz cut was noticeable behind my dad’s muscular figure. “No fooling around now. I know you guys have been best friends forever, but I don’t want any grandchildren.”

“Dad!” I whined, throwing a pillow at him. He chuckled and I was terrified of memories when he gave me the sex talk.

“Behave you too. And you’re more than welcome to spend the night, Stiles. Just let your dad know where you are.” My dad said letting Stiles into my room.

“Thanks Pops.” Stiles said plainly. Stiles and I have been friends so long that his dad was like my second dad and vice versa. My dad nodded and let go of my doorknob.
“I love you, sweetheart.” My dad stated. I said it back and he closed my door, walking out into the hallway, going off to work. Stiles turned around and started at me. I couldn’t say anything, other than lick the nutella off my spoon.

“Want some?” I asked, offering him another spoon. He took it and I scooted to the other side of my queen sized, giving him room to sit. He scooted closer to me and took a spoonful of nutella. We sat in silence, eating the jar of nutella and occasionally took a few handful of popcorn while watching Simba and Nala fall in love.

“Soooo,” Stiles dragged on, putting his spoon into the jar.

“Soooo,” I mimicked. This was beyond awkward and usually Stile and I were the people to make others feel awkward, not making each other feel awkward. Stiles scratched the back of his head and faced me. He looked hurt.

“How was the party for you?” He asked quietly, still looking hurt and a little sad.

“It was okay.” I stated simply. “I only kissed Derek to get Aiden and his slutty girlfriend off my back. I had to show him that I moved on.” I bit my bottom lip, hoping he would understand. He rubbed his face and stared into my eyes. God, his eyes are so… “How was the party for you?”

“Scott malfunctioned, so the party really sucked for me. And I watched you kiss a fugitive wasn’t exactly the highlight of my night either.” He huffed out. I furrowed my brows.

“But why would that matter to you?” I questioned him, shooting him a look.

“Look,” Stiles started. He licked his lips and tried to find the right words to say. “I was- I mean, I love you Scarlett.” I could feel my heart flutter a little. “You’re my best friend. I don’t want you getting hurt again.” Now, I could feel it sink to my stomach. Of course. I thought. Best friends is all we’ll ever be.

“Thanks, Stiles.” I said softly, trying not to show I was hurt. “But I’m still going to be upset. I mean… you know what tomorrow is.” I chewed on my lip and stared into the jar I was holding. Stiles wrapped on arm around my small waist and pulled me closer to him.

“Well, that’s what I’m here for. Best friends at your service.” He smiled, taking the jar and putting it on my bed stand. “When did you get that scrape?” He asked, pointing at my knee. I was wearing a pair of volleyball shorts that went to my mid thigh, so my long legs were fully exposed.

“Oh, battle scar from volleyball. I wasn’t wearing knee pads and we were practicing outside. It hurt like a little bitch.” I pouted. Stiles laughed while I lightly smacked his arm.

“Scott made first line.” He said proudly. “And I’m fine with being a bench warmer, as always. First game is Friday, and you promised that you would be there.” He pushed out his lower lip to guilt me if I had decided not to go.

“I will! But you have to promise me to come to my first game on Saturday morning. I’m captain after all.” I explained nonchalantly. Stiles jaw dropped and he started to spaz out.

“MY BEST FRIEND IS CAPTAIN. OH. MY. GOD.” He shook me uncontrollably and after he finally calmed down, we talked about meaningless things. It was a little passed 1 AM and we had decided to watch the first Harry Potter. I yawned and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Hey, Scar?” Stiles spoke, looking down at me. I shut my eyes, not meeting his glance.

“What is it?” I asked sleepily.

“Do… Do you ever think you’ll have a thing for Derek?” He questioned quietly. I didn’t answer. I didn’t know if I felt anything when I kissed him, so I continued to look asleep. Stiles seemed to have bought it. He gently laid me down on my pillow and kissed my forehead. “Maybe one day you’ll know how I really feel about you.” He whispered. I stopped breathing. What…the hell… did he just say?
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. DRAMMAAAAA.
I'll flashback to the party in the next few chapters so you know exactly what happened, so I'm just teasing you guys right now xD But this was a really hard chapter to write. I'm stuck cause my main source of inspiration left me for a week. And I miss him terribly D:
Anyway, feedback guys? What do you thinks gonna happen? Who do you think she's going to choose? O: And thank you for the comments guys <3 It means a lot that I know you guys care (:
I'll post more frequently now. Have a good day!
Comment, rec, sub, etc! :D