Singing With Mockingjays

The Reaping

My mom called me from down stairs. I got dressed in my favorite dress, then brushed my hair an teeth. I shuffled down in a rush to find my mom, dad, and little brother at the table eating. My brother Cody stood up and pulled out a chair for me and waited for me to sit. Looking at him I did my best to smile but he could tell I wanted to cry. The 88th Hunger Games was in a few hours and just unlucky for my little brother he turned 12 a few weeks ago. I stared at my plate then pushed it farther away. Cody got up from his seat and hugged me. My mom looked at me then got up and went to her room, Peeta followed. Cody went to his room to get ready for the reaping, I decided that I was going into town. " Hey Beautiful!" I felt someones arms wrap around my waist. " Hey Mason!" I smiled and kissed his cheek. Mason, Mason, Mason. Shiny blonde hair that went to his shoulders, Big blue eyes that were calming like the ocean, and his smile was the brightest one He grabed my hand and took me to the town center. " Close you eyes and hold out your hands!" He whispered. " Um ok..." I did as he told me. He placed something cold in my hand. It felt small and fragile. " Open!" " MASON!!!" I screamed. " Where did you get this?" In my hand was a ring with a mockingjay and a leaf to the left and to the right of it. He looked at me and smiled." Like it?" He hugged me tight. " I love it! Not as much as I love you though!" He smiled his smile. " Love you too!"
Before I knew it the reaping had began. I hugged Cody, who was freaking out about his first reaping. My best friends Lacy and Vicki were waiting in our place. When I walked over they looked at me. Lacy and Vicki were twins, both fourteen like I am but with a big family. " Welcome to The 88th Annual Hunger Games." Effie welcomed us. She blabbed on about some stuff but I got bored and began day dreaming. " I'm going to do something new. This time the boys will be picked first." I looked up amediatly. Effie pulled out a name and got quite. " Cody Mellark!" I looked at Cody, who was walking over to the aisle. A familiar voice spoke up loudly " I volunteer as tribute." Cody stopped walking and everyone turned to the new tribute. I turned to look but Lacy and Vicki covered my eyes. " Who is it?" I asked them but they ignored me. They uncovered my eyes as I saw everyone turn to look at me with the worst expression on their faces... " And what is your name?" Effie said delighted that someone stepped up for Cody. " Mason Davis." He said into the microphone unhappy. Mason!!! No!!! No!!! No!!! " I'm so sorry..." The girls around me said... " And now for the girls." She shuffled her hand in the bowl and pulled out a slip of paper. Effie froze then cleared her throat. " Rosalina Mellark." Everyone looked back at me. Vicki touched my shoulder. I walked to the stage and glanced at Cody. He was crying and noticed me watching him. He wiped the tears and looked at me but more came down, soon enough I was crying too. " Rose... Rosalina!" Effie corrected herself. I walked onto the stage. " Ok you two shake hands." Instead I hugged Mason. Mason hugged me so tight I wish he never let go. Everyone stared at us and didn't say a word. Effie coughed and we let go of eachother and followed her into the Justice Building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think please comment how I did (me and my friends were really bored.