Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

Welcome Home

“So we just landed, are you going to meet me at my mom’s house?” Harry asked me through the phone.

I sighed. I really wanted to see him as soon as he got here; I haven’t seen him in almost a year since he’s been on tour all over the world. Let me just say, having a best friend that’s in a boy band is a pain in the ass. Majorly. But who thinks their best friend since they were 6 would actually become one of the most wanted heart throbs on the planet? Not me, that’s for sure!

“I won’t be able to see you until around 7. I’m stuck at work until 6:30 today babe.” I said half heartedly as I finished getting ready to head to work.

“Emmaaaaaaa! Why do you do this to me?” He whined.

I laughed, “I’m sorry Haz, but not all of us can make millions by singing and being attractive.”

He snorted, “Are we finally admitting you think I’m attractive?”

I rolled by eyes, even though he couldn’t see me, “Good bye Harry, I’ve got to go to work now.”

“Okay, okay! I’ll meet you at your apartment when you get off work. I’ll bring dinner, we can watch a movie or something.”

“Sounds awesome,” I replied, “I’ll see you tonight.

*****

Harry and I were in a food coma on my couch that night. We had both ate half a pizza each, plus ice cream throughout the night. We used to do this every weekend growing up. Just sit at one of our houses, eating our weight in junk food, and watching mindless TV.

Now we were watching a Misfits marathon and carrying on a conversation every now and then. “I miss this.” I mumble.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him glance at me, before turning back to the tv, “Yeah, me too. I’m sorry I haven’t had a lot of time to hang out since all this happened.” He waved his arms around as an emphasis.

I shrugged and turned to him, as he did the same, “Its ok, I know you’re not doing it on purpose. I’m proud of you, you know that. And we still text here and there and call, it’s all good.” I laughed lightly.

“Yeah,” he sighed, “but it’s crazy sometimes you know? Everything happened so fast and I sometimes feel like I forget to stay in touch more with the people at home. Especially you, you’re like, one of the most important people in my life, you know that right?” He grabbed my hand when he said that and was staring straight into my eyes. I’m never ready for serious Harry.

I squeezed his hand in reassurance, “Of course I do Haz. You’re a huge part of my life as well,” I gave him a slightly confused look, “where is this coming from?”

He looked like he was about to say something, but then thought better of it. He shrugged, “I don’t know. Just being sentimental I guess.” He smiled softly, then turned back to the tv and let go of my hand. I stared at him for a moment longer before finally turning my attention back to the Misfits.

We were half way through a new episode when he spoke again, “What is the one thing you want in life?”

“Huh?” I asked. That was unexpected.

She shrugged looking at me, “What’s the one thing you want in life Emma? That would make you happy, that would make your life perfect?”

I honestly had no idea where this was coming from. We've had deep conversations before growing up, but this just felt different. It was like he was looking for a specific answer. So I took a moment to think about what to say.

Finally after a few minutes of thinking I shrugged, “I don’t know. I guess to find 'the one' or whatever, and fall in love.”

I laughed a little, “That’s a typical girl answer isn’t it? But yeah, fall in love, get married, have a family. Does that count as one?” I joked.

He smiled softly, but was staring at me with intense eyes.

“Uh,” I faltered, “What about you?”

He hesitated for a moment, “I… I want to be…” He cleared his throat nervously, “I want to be that one.”

“What?” I asked confused, “What to do you mean?”

He cleared his throat again and sat up more, “I want to be the one… for you, Emma.”

“Harry,” was all I was able to whisper before his lips crashed into mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a one shot. unless you want me to make it an actual full story, then let me know.
if i get enough messages/comments, i would probably do it, since i've had so much free time this summer haha let me know