Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

I gotta say I wasn't expecting you to come this way and fall into my arms

He was kissing the spot on my neck which he knew drove me crazy. His hand was creeping up my shirt and he rolled his hips into mine. My whole body was on fire, but my mind wouldn’t stop and let me enjoy it.

My mind kept flashing to how cold he was to me the morning after our fight.

“Wait,” it sounded more like a moan than I would have liked. I pushed against his shoulders, “Haz, stop.”

He sat up on me, “What? What’s wrong.”

“I can’t do this,” I pushed him all the off me and sat up and leaned against the wall.

He leaned up on his elbows, giving me a confused look, “Uh, okay?”

“I just,” I sighed, “I just can’t stop thinking about how you treated me.”

“Hey, I said I was sorry about the fight.”

I rubbed my eyes, frustrated, “It’s not the fight, it’s the morning after.”

He winced and looked away from me, “I said I was sorry for that too.”

“Yeah, I know you did, but that still doesn’t mean all is forgiven.”

He sighed and sat up, “Do you want me to go?”

“No, I want to talk about this.”

He sighed again and brought his knees up and rested his arms on them. “Okay.”

“It’s just,” I looked down at my hands, “I don’t want to be one of those girls that just let’s a guy treat her like shit just because she thinks love makes it forgivable.” I glanced up at him and he was staring at my hands, “And what you did the other morning… It made me feel cheep.” He tried to talk, but I cut him off, “Let me finish,” I paused to make sure he was going too, then continued, “I knew you were still mad at me when we had sex. That’s fine, I was mad at you too. But you completely threw me out the next morning without even glancing at me, like I meant nothing too you. Like… What am I too you?”

He looked at me like I was mental, “You’re my bird. I love you.”

I nodded, “I know, I know you do. But that’s not how you treat someone you love. I wouldn’t let Pete treat me like rubbish, so I’m not going to let you.” I paused, “I know I’m like rambling, but I just need you to understand.”

Harry rubbed his hands over his face before he scooted closer to me and grabbed my hand, “There’s no excuse for what I did. I let my anger get in the way and I treated you horribly. You deserve so much better than that, but I’m selfish and I love you and I’m begging you to forgive me.”

I turned my hand over and laced our fingers together, “I can forgive you,” I played with his fingers before looking up at him, “But I can’t forget.”

“I don’t expect you too,” he held my hand in-between both of his, “The reason I didn’t talk to you for 4 days if because I was beating myself up for what I did. When you left I was going to go grovel at your doorstep, but Louis came in and attacked me and told me how much I hurt you and I just didn’t… didn’t think I deserved to ask for your forgiveness.” He brought my hand to his lips and kissed each of my knuckles, “But like I said, I’m selfish. So this morning I couldn’t stay away from you anymore. You’re my best friend, you deserved an apology.”

I smiled softly, “Come on, let’s just sleep okay?”

“No, wait,” he stopped me from laying down, “I need to be sure that you’re okay. With us. With me. I’m so sorry. There aren’t enough words to describe how sorry I am.”

I leaned over and kissed his lips softly, “I forgive you, okay? But if it happens again-“

“It won’t!” He insisted.

“Okay,” I closed my eyes and leaned against his forehead, “Okay.”

He brushed his lips against mine tentatively before he crashed his lips to mine. This was different then the kisses we were sharing earlier. They were desperate, like he was trying to prove something through the kiss that he couldn’t through words.

I let him kiss me for a little while before I pulled away, “Come on, it’s late, or early now. Let’s just go to sleep.

He nodded and pulled me down with him so I was laying on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, “I love you Emma.”

“I love you too.”

*****

I woke up to fingers running through my hair and the smell of bacon. I snuggled into Harry more, inhaling his sent.

“G’morning, Love.” He murmured in my ear.

“No.” I stated curling myself into him more.

He chuckled, “As much as I want to spend the day in bed with you, we’re in your mom’s house, and we should probably let her know I’m here.” He caressed my cheek, “Plus I smell bacon. I miss your mom’s cooking.”

I finally pulled my face out of his neck and look up at him, pouting. He just leaned down and kissed the pout from my lips, “Come on babe.”

“Fiiiiine.” I whined.

We walked into the kitchen hand in hand. Finn was leaning against the sink next to mom who was cooking at the stove.

Finn saw us first, “See Rose, I told you Harry snuck in last night.”

Mom turned around, “Ah yes, just like old times yeah?” She gestured to our hands, “I’m guessing you two worked out your issue?”

“Yes Ma’am. And I’m sorry for any disrespect I showed your daughter.” I looked up at him shooting him a confused look.

“Oh, he’s good.” Finn laughed.

Mom rolled her eyes but smiled, “Oh Harry, I’ve known you almost your whole life, cut the crap. You were a tosser, and you fixed it. You’re young, it happens.”

Harry smiled warmly at her, “Sorry.”

“Stop apologizing, and sit down.”

We walked over to the table and sat and waiting for breakfast to be ready, “One plus to dating someone you’ve known for years,” I commented, “You don’t have to stress over meeting the parents.”
“Not true,” Finn interjected, bringing over some toast and bacon, “Harry what are your intentions with our little Emma?” He said completely straight faced.

Harry and I exchanged panicked looks, “Er, um… Well I…” Harry stammered.

Finn cracked a smile, “I’m joking Haz, relax.” Harry sighed slumping back in his chair. “Just don’t be stupid,” He warned, “Either of you.” Finn glanced between both of us.

“Yes sir,” we mumbled.

My mom came over with the eggs, “And do us a favor and try not to embarrass us in the tabloids.”

“But mooooom! I want to flash my knickers to the cameras!” I joked.

“Nice try.” Finn warned.

“Over my dead body,” Haz commented.

I gestured to the men at the table, “These blokes,” I said to mom, “Can’t take a joke!”

“Most men can’t.” She shot, jokingly rolling her eyes.

*****

“Come visit more before we leave.” Mom warned as we said our goodbyes on the porch.

“I will,” I said pulling her into a hug, “I’ve got a few months before you actually leave right?”

“No worries kid. You’ve got some times,” Finn said pulling me into a hug once mom let go of me.

“And you take care of her Harry.” Mom warned.

“Haven’t I always?” he said and hugged both of my parents.

“If you need any advice on the Grace women, just give me a call.” Fin offered.

Mom shot him a look, “Like you know anything about us. We just let you think you do.” Finn threw up his hands in surrender.

“I’ll called you once I get home,” I gave them both a kiss on the cheek and Harry and I headed towards our cars.

Harry beat me to my door and opened it for me, “Drive careful, yeah? I’ll be right behind you.”

I smiled and reached up to peck his lips, “Okay. I’ll see you tonight? I have to run errands.”

“Yeah.” He kissed my lips once again, “Tonight.”

I hopped into my car and he shut the door behind me. I turned and waved to my parents once last time before I started the car and pulled away.

*****

”So you think she’ll like the simpler one?” Zayn asked into the phone. I was currently in the jewelry shop that he had sent me to, looking at the four rings he’s picked out.

“Yeah, it’s more her style. Elegant, and not super flashy.” I said refuting the 14 karat white gold banded ring. It had a beautiful, nice sized oval sapphire in the middle with 2 little diamonds on each side. “It’s beautiful.”

”Okay, go ahead and buy it.” Earlier he transferred over money to me so I could buy it, without anyone getting the red flag and tracing it back to him, ruining the surprise. Which was smart, seeing as I’ve already spotted a few people taking pictures of me from the outside.

“You got it. I’ll come by when I’m done here.”

When I bought the ring, I stuffed the back in my purse to try and draw as little attention to myself as possible.

When I left the store there were about 5 paparazzi across the street who instantly started snapping pictures of me.

“Awesome.” I mumbled to myself. I picked up my pace and hurried down the street to my car.

*****
“Thank you so much Emma!” Zayn exclaimed when I showed him the ring, “She’s going to absolutely love it!” He pulled me into a hug.

“You’re welcome,” I laughed at his enthusiasm, “So when are you giving it to her?” I asked as we sat down on his couch.

He glanced down at the ring again, “This weekend. I’m taking her out to this fancy dinner and everything. I’ll probably wait and give it to her when we get back here though.”

“I don’t blame you. People followed me out of the store.”

He sent me a worried look, “I’m sorry.”

I waved him off, “It’s fine. The rumors will be on me, so your surprise will be safe.”

“What are you going to tell Mayra if she asks?”

I shrugged, “That I was bored and went into a jewelry store? I’m a girl, it happens.”

He nodded, “True. Thanks again, really.”

“I was happy to do it,” I bumped my shoulder into his, “Well I’m gonna head to Harry’s. You should hide that before Mayra comes over.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There might be mistakes?

Bit of a filler, but i hope this showed the few of you that were worried that Emma isn't a complete push over.

thanks you ALL for your messages and comments! and the new subscriptions!!!
shout out too dianabanana!, unbroken13, PumpkinHead, hkychk. you're comments really helped me write and re-write the first half of this chapter!

and here's what Mayra's ring looks like
http://www.celtic-weddingrings.com/Celtic-Engagement-Rings/Sapphire-Engagement-Ring-P387.html

next chapter might take a bit longer to post than usual, i've re-written it like 3 times already. but don't worry, i'll have something for you!