Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

I'm going too fast, heart first, my head just can't slow me down

Part of the boy’s promo tour was stooping by X-Factor and performing their new song. Which also meant being interviewed on Xtra factor with Olly Murs and, of course, Caroline Flak. She kept asking pressing questions to Harry about personal things, and me.

Very unprofessional if you ask me. It was a very uncomfortable interview to watch, you could see how awkward the boys were, including Olly.

“What was her deal?” I asked Harry on the phone that night.

“She was just doing her job.”

I rolled my eyes, “Don’t you think her job includes insistently asking you about your personal life.”

“It wasn’t just to me you know.”

“Every time the conversation went somewhere else, she’s turn it back to you!”

“It’s probably because she’s more comfortable with me. Don’t make a big deal out of nothing.”

“Fine.”

I heard him groan, “Don’t be like that.”

“Like what?”

“You’re mad. Don’t get upset for no reason, it’s stupid.”

I laughed sarcastically, “Oh, and calling me stupid is do going to make it better.”

“I wasn’t calling you stupid,” he sighed, “I meant like this fight is stupid. I know you hate Caroline, but there’s nothing I can do for you.”

I sighed. I knew I was being a little ridiculous, “Okay, I hear what you’re saying.”

“Good.” I heard someone talk in the background, “Look I have to go do a radio interview. You’re okay?”

No I wasn’t okay. I only got to talk to him for minutes at a time, and this time we just argued. But I wasn’t about to say that, “Yeah I’m fine.”

“I’ll text you,” he said softly, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Dani appeared at my door right as I hung up, “You okay?”

I shrugged, “I’m just sick of Caroline Flak. Like she was out of the picture completely until recently.” She sat next to me on the bed giving me a sympathetic look, “Like it’s bad enough I have to deal with every single girl on the planet, I don’t need to deal with this women too.”

She threw her arm around me, “I’m sorry honey. I wish I had some magical words for you to make it better, but I don’t.” She smiled softly, “Just, if Harry says there’s nothing to worry about, then there’s nothing to worry about.”

I nodded, “I know. I’m just stupidly insecure about it sometimes.”

“It’s understandable with how your last relationship ended, but they aren’t the same.”

“You’re right. He’s right. Everyone’s right.”

She laughed, “Come, let’s get you out of this boxed up apartment. We’ll call the girls and get drinks.”

*****

The rest of the week didn’t get any easier. There were countless pictures of Caroline partying with the boys. The worst part of it was that I didn’t even seek these pictures out, everyone and their mom seemed to have the need to tweet them all to me. It was really killing my sanity.

“I’m so sick of us fighting about this!” Harry said on the phone one night when I brought it up again, “We’re just friends, she’s around. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you there’s nothing to worry about.”

“Well I don’t understand why you have to go out partying with her.” I shot.

He groaned, “I didn’t ‘go out partying with her,’ she just showed up!”

“I’m sure that’s how it happened.”

“This is such bullshit,” He seethed, “How come it’s okay for you to spend your days hanging out with your ex, but I can’t be around mine.”

“Because I don’t have a choice! I work with him, not hang out, and he’s not constantly throwing himself at me!”

He scoffed, “I don’t have a choice either! And she’s not throwing herself at me. God, can you quit it?”
These fights would just keep going until one of us would hang up. I knew part of me was being unfair about it, but at the same time I was making valid points.

Mayra and I were finally all moved into our apartment. My mom, Finn and my brother Matt had all come to help us move in, along with a few of our other friends.

My brother stayed for a few days which I was happy about. Even though there was a 5 year age gap between us, we were always super close. He helped me unpack some and it gave me a chance to tell him what was going on.

“You want my advice?” We were sitting on the floor of my new room unpacking my DVD’s.

“Of course I do.” I rolled my eyes at him after I had vented everything to him.

He smiled, “I think you have good reason to be worried.”

“But?” I could tell he wanted to say more just by the look on his face.

He sighed and looked at me, “But, I think you should trust Harry to handle her himself. You’ve made it clear you’re not comfortable with it, so he obviously watching himself around her already.
But it you keep pushing and nagging him about it, you’re going to end up pushing him away. Trust me, no one wants a naggy bird.”

I sighed, “So I should just let it go?”

“Yeah,” Matt nodded, “Unless she says something to you or actually does something to him, just don’t stress about it. She’s probably just trying to get under your skin. And it’s obviously working.”

“Well she’s a grown women, she should be more adult about this.” I snapped under my breath grabbing for more DVD’s.

He laughed, “Trust me, some women grow up.”

“Isn’t that reassuring.”

*****

When I Skyped Harry that night he looked hesitant to talk, “Hey.”

“Hi. I don’t want to fight anymore, I’m sorry.” I said.

He sighed in relief, “It’s okay. I’m sorry too.”

God I missed him, “I love you.” I said. What kind of girl was I becoming that I turn to mush when I even look at my boyfriend?

He smiled, “I love you too. I miss you. Only 5 days until I get back.”

“Thank god!”

He chucked, “So how are you? I see you’ve moved in some,” He said referring to what he could see behind me.

“Yeah, my family came up and helped. Matt even stayed for a few days, he just left.”

“That’s good, I know you miss seeing him a lot.”

I nodded, “Yeah. I wish he could stay longer but I’ve got work tomorrow.”

“Ah, vacation over huh?”

I sighed, “Yeah. But I’m glad, it’ll give me something to do. OH!” I exclaimed, “I almost forgot, I got a call from Gemma’s Uni. I guess she put a good word in for me so they gave me a phone interview. I start classes in 3 months when the new semester starts!”

He smiled, “That’s fantastic babe! I’m happy for you!”

“Thanks,” I smiled, “Get’s me one step closer to having a future!”

“Look at my girl,” He chuckled, “Going to own her own business. We’ll be one power couple.”

I blushed. This was the first time he’s talk about the future, “Y-yeah, we will be.” I stammered.

The smile he sent me was enough to melt my heart, “Well, it’s kind of late. We both have early mornings, we should be responsible and go to bed.”

I pouted, “But you’re not next to me.”

“I will be in soon. I promise.”

“Okay. ‘Night.”

“Good night babe, I love you.”

“I love you too.” We had become one of those couples that constantly told each other they loved each other. I used to make fun of those people.

What is this boy doing to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so i know getting into a University isn't that easy, but for the stories sake, i needed to speed that process up, so just go with it!

kind of a build up chapter for what i have planned.

ps, does someone want to make a layout for me for this story? cause that would be super