Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

And you know that you're no good for no one else but me love

“Rise and shine baby, its orientation day!” Mayra said jumping on the bed next to where I was trying to sleep.

The past few weeks have flown by, and it was already time for orientation for Uni! I officially started class in 2 weeks.

I was working and spending more time with Dani than the others. I could lie and say it was because I missed her, but really it was to avoid a certain green eyed boy, and I really had no other friends.

Harry never made a formal announcement about our break up, but people were starting to notice. I twitter replies we flooded with questions, along with everyone else’s. A lot of them were nasty, so I just went back to ignoring the digital world again.

“No, more sleep!” I rolled away from her.

She pulled the covers off of me, “Nope, get up. Your orientation is at 1, and I’m taking you to breakfast! Now get in the shower.”

I groaned, “Okay mom,” I kissed her on the cheek on the way to the shower.

*****

She took me to this little café that had the most amazing tea ever.

“So, what have you been up too lately? I feel like even though we live together I never see you.”

I shrugged and fixed my tea, “busy I guess.”

“I know you’re avoiding all of us so you don’t have to see Harry, but that’s not fair.” She said trying to hide her annoyance.

I winced, “I’m sorry. I’m a terrible friend.”

“Not terrible, just a pain in the ass right now,” she smiled.

“I’ll try to make a better effort.”

“Have you figured yourself out yet?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know.”

“Honestly I think the only way you will is if you just suck it up and be with Harry. Only he can help you with this.”

“Maybe. I don’t know.”

She gave me a stern look, “You’re so stubborn.”

“I’ll figure it out, just not today. Today is bigger than me and Harry! I’m going to Uni!” I said happily.

She returned it allowing my subject change, “Are you nervous?”

“Yeah, but not for normal reasons. I’m nervous someone will recognize me for being ‘Harry’s friend/girlfriend’ and I’ll never meet anyone cool or have a normal college experience.” I shrugged.

She nodded, “Yeah, but El doesn’t get bugged at school, so maybe you’ll luck out.”

“I hope so.”

“How long is the orientation?”

“I think about 2 hours or so? It’s just a tour and a welcome gathers and stuff.” I started picking at my muffin.

“Well can we hang out after? I’ve got some stuff I need your help with.”

I gave her a curious look, “Sure, what’s up?”

She waved me off, “Well talk after.”

*****

I took the train to the university, the stop was around the corner which was super convenient. I looked at the map I had printed out of the campus to try and find the courtyard where we were supposed to meet for tours.

“Are you a new student too?” I turned to see a girl about my age walk up beside me, “I’m completely lost.”

I smiled, “Yeah, I was trying to figure out where I was on this map.”

“You have a map?” She said excitedly, “I didn’t think to print one! I’m always forgetting things.” She laughed. “I’m Olive by the way, but everyone calls me Oli.”

Wow this girl liked to talk, it was refreshing. You couldn’t not smile around her “I’m Emma.” I held out my hand, “Are you American?” I had noticed her accent.

“Yeah!” She perked up, “I moved her for college, or ‘Uni’ cause it’s way cheaper than back home. I just moved in yesterday actually. Are you staying in the dorms too?”

“No,” I said when she actually paused, “I have a flat with one of my friends not too far from here.”
“That sounds awesome!” We started walking in direction we saw others heading, “So what’s your major?”

“Business management. You?”

She shrugged, “I honestly haven’t decided. I have so many interest that I can’t decide. Thank god I have a whole semester before I have to declare one!”

We spent the whole orientation (once we found the group) talking and getting to know each other. I learned that she was 19, from New York, loved all things indie- music and movies, and that she was an only child, but always wished she had a bunch of older siblings. She talked about everything, but I loved that.

And she didn’t seem to be a One Direction fan so I didn’t have to keep my guard up. There were however a few girls that had been staring at me, but if Oli noticed she never mentioned it.

Half way through the welcome speech I had gotten a text from Harry telling me good luck. It made me feel guilty that I hadn’t talked to him. So I texted a ‘thanks’ back before bringing my attention back to what was going on around me

“Do you want to go supply shopping sometime before classes start?” I asked as our tour came to an end.

She looked at me excitedly, “Really? Yes! I don’t know where anything is, so that would be so amazing!”

I laughed, “It’s no problem, I’d love to show you around the city. When are you free?”

She shrugged happily, “All I have planned is setting up my dorm, so I’m free whenever.”

“Well let’s exchange numbers and I’ll call or text you this week when I know I have a day off.”

We exchanged phones and put our numbers in, “Is that your boyfriend?” She asked noticing my phones home screen. It was a picture of Harry and I that I never could make myself change. He was standing behind me with his chin on my shoulder and we were both smiling cheekily at the camera.

“Something like that,” I said handing her phone back.

“Ah, complicated?”

“I’m guessing you know how that is?”

She nodded, “Oh yeah. I left someone back in America, and we didn’t leave things on very good terms.”

“I’m sorry.”

She waved it off, “Nah, frees me off for all these English boys!”

I laughed, “True, there are some good looking guys in this city.”

“You’re telling me! Almost every guy on our tour was so hot!”

“I hadn’t noticed.”

She rolled her eyes, “Of course you didn’t, you’ve got phone boy there.”

I snorted, “Yeah. Well I’ve got to head off. But I’ll call you! Or you can call me, if you want, too.”

“Oh I will totally do that! I should probably be off as well, I still haven’t met my roommate yet. I hope she’s not weird.” She made a face.

I laughed, “Well good luck!”

“Nice meeting you Emma!”

“You too!”

*****

“Mayra, I’m back.” I bellowed into the flat as I dropped my purse on the table by the door.

“Hey,” She said walking into the living room, “how was it?”

“Amazing. I met this girl Olive, she’s an American. She even talks fast!”

She laughed, “That’s great!” We both sat on the couch.

“So the rest of my day is all yours. What do you want to do?”

She shifted in her seat, “Well actually, we’re taking a drive.”

“Okay… Where?”

She cleared her throat and wouldn’t meet my gaze, “Well I need to buy something outside of the city, so no paparazzi get the wrong idea.

Now I was confused, “What are we buying?”

She finally looked up at me, “I’m late.”

“Late for what?” And then it hit me, “Oh my god, your pregnant?!” I shrieked.

“No! Well, I don’t know!”

“How late are we talking?”

She blushed, “Three weeks.”

“Three weeks?! Mayra, why didn’t you say anything before?!”

She shrugged, “Well you were going through stuff with Harry and then you weren’t around, and I don’t know. I’ve been trying to figure out how to tell you for days.”

“Does Zayn know?”

She shook her head, “No, I wanted to be sure, which is why we need to go get a test. But on the outskirts of town.

“Let’s go!” I said jumping up.

*****

We were sitting in a tiny bathroom at a gas station. We had driven an hour outside of London and bought 3 pregnancy tests, but Mayra couldn’t wait to get back home to take them, so we pulled off about 20 minutes from home.

“Is it time yet?” She was a nervous wreck, pacing around the little room while I leaned against the sink where the tests sat. I can’t blame her for her nerves, I would be too.

I checked my watch, “One more minute.”

“I’m sure I’m just freaking out for nothing, I mean we’ve always been so careful.”

I shrugged, “Well things happen. Are you taking your pill regularly?”

“Yes. I don’t think I’ve missed one ever.”

“Then this is probably nothing.” I watched her pace a while before I checked the time again, “It’s time.”

She froze in her pacing in the middle of the room, “Oh my god. I’m gonna be sick. I can’t check, you do it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes!”

“Okay!” I turned to the sink, “Do you want me to flip them over and read them all one at a time or just do it all?”

“All.” She took a deep breath. I nodded and flipped them over.

“Well… One says no, the other says yes, and the last one is confused I think.”

“What?!” She ran to my side to see the tests.

“Well this one has a plus sign, and that one has a negative. But this one is more like a right angle.”

She grabbed the undecided one, “What the fuck is this supposed to mean?!” She started shaking the test.”

“Calm down Juno, that’s not going to fix it!”

She glared at me, “Now is not the time for jokes Emma!”

I threw my hands up in surrender, “Sorry. I think the only way to settle this is to see a doctor.”

“But then I have to tell Zayn!” She panicked.

“Yeah?” I wasn’t seeing a problem.

“He’s going to freak out on me!” She started pacing again.

“He won’t. He loves you, and he’s the one that should be here with you right now. I’m happy to be your support, but he should know what’s up.”

She nodded, “Okay. Let’s head home and then I’ll figure out how to tell him.”

We got in the car, and this time I drove. She fidgeted with the radio looking for something to listen too, and stopped when she found ‘What Makes You Beautiful.’

“Really?” I smirked at her.

“I like this song,” She snapped.

“Sorry.” I said, trying to not make her mad.

“Have you heard the new song? The one Ed gave to them. They just got the rough copy back.”

I shook my head, “No. I haven’t been in the mood to hear a One Direction love song. Especially if Sheeran wrote it.”

“You should. It’s beautiful.” I just shrugged, and the subject was dropped and she was quiet for the rest of the ride.

“So I’ve decided how to tell Zayn.” She said as we walked into out flat.

“Good.” I started walking into the living room.

“You’re going to tell him.”

I whipped around, “What?”

“Please! Pleeeeease? It’s the least you could do for ignoring me for weeks!”

“Ouch.” I commented, “You don’t really want me to tell him.”

“No I do. I’ll be here, you go off and break the news.”

“Are you serious?”

“As a heart attack.” She said as she flopped on the couch.

I sighed, “Fine. I still think you should do it, but whatever. Will a call be enough.”

She shook her head, “No, go do it in person!”

I glared at her, “This is mental. But whatever. I’ll be back.”

I can’t believe she didn’t want to tell him herself, since when was I a part of their relationship?

By the time I reached the boys’ building though I had convinced myself that she was just scared and if situation was reversed, I’d want her to be there for me too.

“Oh, hey Em, what’s up?” Zayn asked when he opened the door.

“We need to talk.” I said as I walked around him into his flat. When I walked in I noticed Harry on the couch with a game controller in his hand, “Oh. Uh, hi.”

He stood up when he saw me, “Hey.”

“Uh, what are you doing here Emma?” Zayn asked coming up behind me.

“Um, well. Can I talk to you alone for a second?”

He rubbed the back of his neck, “Sure, let’s go to my room, yeah? Haz, play without me for a sec.”

I stared at Harry for a moment before I followed Zayn.

“So what’s up?” He said as he shut the door.

“You might want to sit down.” He gave me a confused look before he took my advice and sat on the bed. “Okay. So Mayra and I took a drive today, and, well this part isn’t really important. I mean, she was just worried about paparazzi, but none followed us, thank god. But-“

“Emma! You’re rambling!” He interrupted me, “Get on with it, you’re making me nervous.”

I took a deep breath, “Well, Mayra took 3 pregnancy tests and one said yes, one said no, and the other said maybe.” I rushed out.

“What?” She shot up.

“She thinks she’s pregnant.”

“Oh my god! I’ve got to go see her!” He rushed out of his room and I followed after him. “Harry I’ve got to go see Mayra. Sorry mate.” He grabbed his jacket and ran out of the apartment.

Harry looked to where his friends just rushed out, “What was that about?” he turned to me.

“Um,” I shifted in my place, “I think maybe he should be the one to tell you.”

He gave me a confused glance, “Right… Well, “He stood up and turned the tellie off, “I guess I’ll be heading home.”

“Yeah, me too. Or, somewhere, seeing as Mayra and Zayn will be occupying mine.”

He turned and looked at me. He ran his hand through his hair, “Well… you can come to mine if you want.” He shrugged, “Louis there… we can all hang out?”

We stared at each other awkwardly. Seeing him in person made me realize how much I missed him. Really missed him.

“Okay.” I said.

He looked shocked, “Yeah?”

I nodded and smiled softly, “Yeah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I HAVE 100 SUBSCRIBERS! omg that makes me so happy! i never thought i'd get 30 let alone 100!
and all your comments really help me write these chapters, i try to take all your input into consideration as i write where this story should head.

anyways, have you all seen the video for "Little Things?" jesus the eye contact in that video kills me. i can't handle it.

and Zayn should never shave. jesus is his scruff attractive!

omfg and "rock me" just leaked. i'm dying right now