Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

But sometimes love just can't make you stay when you're happy the hard way

“So how’s dorm life so far?” I asked Olive as we strolled through the mall. We officially started classes in 3 days.

Over the last week or so I’ve made a conscious effort to spend more time with Mayra, El and the boys. Even Harry. It was still hard being around him, especially because my hear tells me yes and my mind tells me no, but things aren’t as awkward.

“It’s awesome. Did you know they’re co-ed? Ohmygod so many yummy boys in my building!” She gushed.

I laughed, “Any boys catch your eye yet?”

She shrugged, “Well a few, but I haven’t really talked to any yet. Still keeping my options open. But I have been hanging out with a few guys my roommate introduced me too. We might all hang out tonight, you should come if we do!”

“Sure, just call me or something.”

We walked by a record store that had a giant picture of the boys greatly anticipated new album in the window. “Okay don’t take this the wrong way, and I know this is crazy, but if the guy in the picture on your phone in that boy band?”

I sighed, “Honestly?” She shrugged and looked back at the giant picture, “Yeah.”

“That must be… interesting.” She said and we continued walking again.

“How do you mean?”

She shrugged, “Well I mean with crazed fans and all that. After I met you I saw some girls in my hall hanging up their posters and the curly headed one caught my eye cause I had just seen your picture, so I did some googling,”

I laughed, “So you already knew who he was when you asked me?”

“Yeah, but I wanted you to be the one to tell me, it’s none of my business really.”

“You’ve really never heard of them?”

“Oh no, I’ve heard of them,” She laughed, “they’re huge in the states too right now. I just never paid attention to them, they aren’t really my style of music. Never gave them a real listen except what I’ve heard on the radio.”

I smiled at her, “Thanks. For not jumping on me for details as soon as you found out.”

She linked her arm with mine, “No problem, besides I’m not into celebrity gossip,” she laughed, “Now let’s get food!”

I spent a few more hours with Oli before she had to go, but not before promising me that she’d text me if she and her friends were going out tonight.

When I walked into my flat, Mayra and Zayn were making out on the couch, “Ew get a room!” I joked.

They pulled apart, “Sorry Em.” Zayn mumbled trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

“So I went to the doctor today,” Mayra said.

“Aaaand?” I dragged out.

“We’re not pregnant.” She said, yet neither of them looked too excited.

I looked between both of them for a moment, “Then why does it look like your cat died?”

Zayn glanced at Mayra, “Well, for a moment there we started getting used to the fact that maybe, we could have had a little one.” he shrugged.

Mayra must have noticed my shocked expression, “Not that we are planning to have one now or anything. We’re young and not in the right place, but,” she shrugged, “It started to sound like, not so much of a nightmare you know.”

I looked between my friends, torn with different emotions, “Well now I don’t know how to feel!” I exclaimed.

They laughed, “Well you don’t have to keep a big secret for us anymore.” Zayn said.

“Yeah, we also told the boys about our scare today too.”

I sat next to Zayn, “Well, big day for you guys, yeah?”

“Yeah,” Mayra sighed, “I’m ready to move on, let it go.”

“Well,” I got an idea, “I vote we go to a club tonight! My friend Oli was saying she might do something, maybe she’ll want to come?” I shrugged.

“That sounds so amazing!” Mayra sat up.

“You and the guys can come too,” I said to Zayn.

“We have a business dinner, but we could meet you after.” He nodded, “Who’s Oli?”

“A girl I met at Uni,” I jumped up, “Sweet, I’m gonna call her and go get ready!”

*****

I was drunk. Like way more drunk than I initially planned. As soon as El, Mayra and I got to the club, we met up with Oli and her roommate Marry and we all had a round of shots.

But then Oli and I decided we needed more, to the point where I lost count, plus a few mixed drinks.

I had completely lost track of time, but the boys had still yet to show up, but I was beyond caring. I had danced with everyone. Even a few random boys whose faces I had already forgotten as soon as I moved on.

“I’m getting another drink!” I yelled at Eleanor who was the closest to me on the dance floor.

She caught me as I wobbled a bit, “You sure you want another one?” She was a bit tipsy herself, but nowhere near where I was.

“Yes, I got this!” I said and I danced my way over the bar, looking less graceful that I thought in my head.

As soon as I got to the bar some guy came up next to me, “Hey.”

He was kind of cute, shaggy blonde hair and cute eyes… I think. “Uh, hi.” I said and turned back to the bar waiting for a bartender.

“Can I buy you a drink?”

And that was the key to my drunk heart, “Why yes you can sailor!” I have no idea why I called him sailor.

He laughed and put his hand on my hip, “What’ll it be?” He said inching closer to me.

I pushed his hand from my body, “A beer is fine, any kind is fine.”

He flagged down the barkeep and ordered 2 beers. When they arrived, he handed me one, and again put his hand on my hip, “So how’s your night going?”

“Fine,” I smiled, and tried to wiggle out of his grasp, “Thanks for the beer, but can you not touch me?” I stumbled as I tried to back up which only made him wrap his arm around me and pull me against him.

“Oh come on, love. I bought you a drink.” He pulled me closer.

I put the beer back on the bar, even in my drunken haze I was not okay with this, “You can have it back then, let me go.” I pushed against his chest with my forearms.

“Don’t be like that, we’re getting to know each other.”

“Please let me go,” I tried to sound stern but it came out all slurs. He wasn’t letting go.

“I believe the lady said let her go,” someone boomed from behind me. I turned and of course it was Harry, glaring daggers at the guy.

The guys grasped loosened a bit but didn’t drop, “Get lost dude, she’s with me.”

“Actually she’s with me.” Harry said sternly.

The guy let me go and shoved me away, and on my drunken legs I stumbled a lot, but Harry caught me and pulled me into him, “She never said she had a boyfriend.” The guy shot.

“Well she does, not fuck off.” Harry warned. The guy glared at us for a moment longer before disappearing in the crowd.

“Uh, thanks for that,” I tried to extract myself from Harry, but he had to grab my arm before I almost fell over again.

“Where are you going?” I had tried to walk away, unsuccessfully.

“To find the girls.”

He shook his head, “No, you’re wasted, I’m taking you home.”

“Why? I’m having fun!”

He scoffed, “Too much fun obviously, come on.” He started dragging me through the club. Well, more like carrying me seeing as I could hardly walk on my own.

He somehow located the girls, along with the rest of the boys, “Wow Emma, how drunk are you?” Niall laughed.

I giggled and noticed Harry glare at his friend, “I’m taking her home, she’s a mess.”

“God you’re such a drag! Who are you and what have you done with fun Harry?” I whined.

He ignored me and just dragged me away from our friends and out of the club. He held an arm securely around my waste so I wouldn’t fall over, trying to hail a cab, and I just stood there pouting.

When the cab came he practically threw me in, and gave the driver my address.

“God I was having fun for once Harry!”

He rolled his eyes, “Yeah, it looked like a riot over there at the bar.”

“Oh bugger off, you caught me at one questionable moment.” I crossed my arms and turned away from him. I heard him sigh but he didn’t reply.

When the cab pulled up to my building, Harry tried to help me get out, but I pushed him off stubbornly, only resulting in me almost falling flat on my face onto the concrete, but he caught me in time. I decided then I would just let him, let him, help me up to my apartment.

When the lift started moving, I started to feel sick. The upward motion along with my jello legs was a bag combination.

As soon as Harry got by door open I ran, more like hobbled to my bathroom and barely made it to the toilet before I threw up everything I had drank that night.

After a minute I felt hands scoop up my hair and hold it back for me. “Go away,” I moaned before I threw up again.

“No,” He sat down behind me and rubbed my back with my free hand.

When I had completely emptied my stomach and just slumped against the toilet. Harry just sat behind me, rubbing my back. It was almost lulling me to sleep.

“Come on, let’s brush your teeth and get you to bed,” He grabbed under my arms and lifted me up and leaned me against the counter. He readied my toothbrush for me before giving it to me.

As I brushed my teeth I got a good look at myself in the mirror; my makeup was smeared and my skin was pale. Yeah, this is exactly how I wanted Harry to see me. After I finished with my teeth, I splashed my face with water to get my makeup off.

He helped me to my room and sat me on my bed, where I practically collapsed.

“No, sit up, I need to get you out of your dress.” I let him pull me up and he unzipped the back of my dress. He then put my hands on his shoulders to help me stand and the dress fell so I was standing before of him in just my bra and panties.

Just standing there was exhausting, “Fuck the pjs ok,” I mumbled and fell back into my bed. He sighed and pulled the blankets from under me and covered me up. When he went to pull away I grabbed his arm, “Don’t leave.”

“I’m not. I’ll be on the couch,” He said backing away, but I just held him tighter.

“No, stay in here.” I watched as a look of defeat spread over his face before he removed his shoes and his shirt. When he crawled in next to me, he left a gap between us so we weren’t touching. I flipped over so that I was facing him. I wanted nothing more than to scoot over and wrap myself around him, but I didn’t. I knew, no matter how drunk I was, that that wouldn’t be good. But the urge to touch him was too strong. Slowly I reached my hand over and ran my pointer finger down his chest slowly. Goosebumps erupted over his skin. I looked up and locked my eyes with his, “Good night Harry.”

“’Night Em.”
♠ ♠ ♠
111 subscribers! omg i love you all!
i also love talking you all! I'm glad you're enjoying the story!

it seems like the few of you that have shared your opinion want a Harry/Emma sequel. so i'm trying to draft that as i write this one. we'll see what i come up with!
Sorry no Malik baby, i know some of you wanted one. but since there may be a sequel there could be room for a baby of some kind... idk...
this story is going out with a bang though. so think about that lol