Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

I've seen this coming, I've seen you leaving

“So have you told Harry about Pete working with you?” Mayra asked. We were hanging out in her living room having a Vampire Diaries marathon, just hanging out.

“Nope. I don’t see the point.”

She looked at me like I was crazy, “Are you kidding? You know Harry will flip.”

“Exactly, he’ll freak for no reason, and I have no desire to deal with that right now.” I shrugged.

“Don’t you think that the longer you wait to tell him you’re working closely with your ex and you’re actually friends with the guy, the more of a problem it’ll cause? It’s been almost a month now.”

“We’re not friends,” I corrected, “We’re just civilly working together and occasionally have a pleasant conversation. And it’s only been like 2 weeks.”

She shot me an exasperated look, “Just tell him. Soon.

Before I had a chance to reply Zayn and Harry rushed into her apartment, “We’re going out tonight!” Zayn exclaimed.

“We are?” Mayra asked pausing our show.

“We all are!” Harry threw his arms up in excitement, “Double date!” I started to object but Harry cut me off, “Don’t worry, we’ll act normal around the paps, if there is any, and there won’t be any inside, so we’re good.”

“Where are we going?” I asked.

Zayn sent us a sly smile, “It’s a surprise ladies.”

Mayra and I exchanged uneasy looks, “Uh… well what do we wear?” she asked.

“Something casual baby.” Zayn offered.

“Casual like, jeans?”

The boys nodded, “Yep,” said harry, “And sensible shoes.” He sent us a playful warning look.

“And we’re leaving in two hours.” Zayn offered.

“Alright, then I need to swing home and get ready.” I stood up.

Harry walked toward me and wrapped me in his arms, “I’ll take you back,” He kissed me softly, “Then we can meet back here?” He asked turning back to Zayn.”

He nodded, “Yeah, that way we can all take one car.”

*****

I was digging through my makeup bag, trying to find the right shade of lipstick when Harry leaned in the doorway, “You know you look beautiful with or without makeup, yeah?”

I blushed and looked at him through the mirror, “Thank you. But I just like wearing it.”

“You look stunning by the way.” He smiled. I looked over my outfit in the mirror, I was wearing grey v-neck, shorts and black Toms.

“Um, thanks?” I laughed before applying a light shade of lipstick.

Haz walked up behind me and wrapped his around my middle and rested his chin on my shoulder, “Women you would make a sack look stunning.” He said cheekily. I put my hands over his on my middle and stared at us in the mirror. “We look good together.” He whispered before kissing my shoulder and pulling away, “Come on love, let’s go!”

*****

“Oh my god, are we seeing Ed Sheeran?” I exclaimed as Zayn pulled up to a venue.

Harry through his head back and groaned, “You seriously figured it out by pulling up to a building?

“We’re seeing Ed?” Mayra squealed from the front seat.

“We figured since you two have never seen him live, that is was a great idea!” Zayn said as he parked the car in the back, away from fans. Marya leaned over her seat and sent me an excited look.

Harry saw her and snorted, “You guys act like you’ve never met him before.”

“This is different!” I defended, “It’s one thing to know the guy, and it’s a whole other to see him live!”

“Should I be jealous?” He challenged.

I rolled my eyes, “Shut up, I get just as excited seeing you guys perform.”

“It’s like they’ve been dating for years.” Zayn shot lightly shaking his head.

Mayra nodded, “Well they practically have.”

“Yeah, yeah, shut up.” I shot.

Harry laced out fingers together and kissed my knuckles, “Come on, let’s go see the Ginger.”

When we found the dressing room, Haz and Ed had a typical bro moment, “Eddie! Did you miss me?”

“Of course, you little curly headed tosser!” Ed said placing his guitar down to pull him into a hug. Zayn and Mayra were greeted next. He then turned to me, “Emma, long time no see. How are you babe?” he asked pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back, “I’ve been good. You? How was America?”

“Amazing!” he said once we pulled away, and Harry wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer, “Ah, this little shit finally grabbed you up did he?” Ed commented when he eyed our embrace.

“Rigth? Finally!” Myra commented.

We all laughed, “You know when he fucks up, I’m always available.” Ed winked.

“Hey!” Harry exclaimed, “I am right here!” His arm tightening around mine. I laughed and kissed his cheek which made him turn and kiss my lips quickly.

“They always like this?” Ed shot.

“Yep. Nauseating isn’t it?” Zayn laughed.

Harry flipped him off, “As if you lot are any better!” he gesture to the other couple. Mayra just stuck her tongue out at him and curled into Zayn a little more.

“Wow, do I feel like the 5th wheel right now.” Ed mumbled.

Harry threw his arm around his shoulder, “Don’t worry Eddie, maybe we can discuss a threesome.”

“I’m so in!” I exclaimed.

Ed just laughed as Harry rolled his eyes, “Of course you are.” He said jokingly.

*****

We all stood on the side of the stage during Ed’s set. Mayra and Zayn were cuddled together all couple-y, while Harry and I stood next to each other awkwardly. During ‘Lego House’ however he put his arm around my shoulders and sang the chorus into my ear. I let him sing to me for a minute before I hip checked him back away from me, sending him an apologetic smile, which he returned.

“Now this next song,” Ed said to the crowd, “As you know, I wrote for my god parents. They had been friends for years, before they decided to give love a shot and get married. Well tonight I’m dedicating this song to my two friends who are here tonight. They also decided to give love a shot after years of friendship as well.” Ed looked over as us and winked and I moved back more trying to stay in the shadows, “Anyways, this song is called ‘Kiss Me.’”

Despite my warnings throughout the whole show, Harry moved behind me to wrap his arms around me, much like he did when we were in my bathroom earlier. It made me anxious, but I decided to just let it go for right now and enjoy being in his embrace.

Mayra looked over at us and sent me a warm smile before turning her attention to our friend on stage.

”Yeah I’ve been feeling everything, from hate to love, from love to lust, from lust to truth, I guess that’s how I know you, so I’ll hold you close to help you give it up,” we all sang along.

This was one of my favorite songs by Ed, and now I’ll probably love it even more.

“This feels like falling in love, falling in love, we’re falling in love.” Harry sang into my ear as the song ended. As the last chord was struck and the crowd went wild, I turned my head and planted my lips firmly on Harry’s.

*****

I woke up to Mayra nudging me, “You’re phone is ringing.” She mumbled tiredly. I had spent the night at her house after our double date, and we stayed up even later watching more Vampire Diaries.
I rolled over a bit and rubbed my eyes trying to wake up. Her clock said it was a little after 9am, which was dreadful seeing as we went to sleep at 6!

My phone stopped ringing, so I just decided to lay back down and go back to sleep. But whoever called was not giving up as it started ringing again. I got up and started digging around my purse for my phone. I finally found it but it stopped ringing as soon as I grabbed it.

Right when I went to check who was calling, it rang yet again. Matty flashed across my screen making me grown. Only my brother would call me, incessantly, this early on a Sunday. “What?” I snapped after picking up.

“Well excuse me little sister.” He shot.

I groaned into the phone, “Well I’m tired, it’s too early for you to be calling over and over again.”

He let out a sarcastic laugh, “Sorry I’m not sorry. But I just found out my baby sister was dating a pop star via twitter, and I’m a little peeved you didn’t tell me yourself.”

“WHAT?” I shrieked, causing Mayra to shoot up started.

“Yeah,” Matt continued, “I got all these @replyies from little fangirls this morning with tumblr links to pictures of you and Harry snogging. What the hell Emma?”

“There’s pictures on tumblr?” I shot Mayra a worried look and she reached over her bed for her laptop.

“Yes, so is there anything you wanna share?” he asked sarcastically.

I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, “I was going to tell you and mom. But I guess the internet beat me too it. I’m sorry.” I rubbed my hand over my face.

Matt sighed, “It’s ok. I just hate finding out about your life via the internet. Who knew growing up with this kid meant we’d all be under a microscope.”

“I know. It’s kind of annoying.”

“I’ll say.” He agreed, “Anyways, I’ll be calling Harry and giving him a piece of my mind.”

I gulped, “Um… what does that mean?”

“Oh you know, just giving him the big brother speech. The usual ‘you hurt her I’ll kill you,’ thing.” He laughed, “Just cause I’ve known the little twerp for years doesn’t mean he gets out of it.”

I laughed, “Alright Matt. Whatever makes you sleep at night.”

He laughed, “Just looking out for my little sister.” He paused, “You’re happy?”

The care in his voice made me remember why I honestly loved my brother so much, “Yeah.” I said, “Yeah I really am.”

“Good.” I could hear the smile in his voice, “That’s all I want for you.”

“Thanks Matty.”

“No problem. Now I gotta go, I’ve gotta call Haz and give him a piece of my mind.”

I laughed, “You’re going to enjoy this way too much aren’t you?”

“I really am.” We said out goodbyes and hung up.

“You are all over tumblr.” Mayra said behind me. I turned to sit next to here and look at the computer screen.

“Click on that!” I said pointing to a link that said ’Harry and Emma can’t claim their just friends anymore.’ The link took us to some gossip blog;

"Is Harry Styles off the market? Again? Harry Styles, spotted last night at Ed Sheersn’s concert with his so-called ‘best friend’ Emma Grace and fellow band mate Zayn Malik and his longtime girlfriend Mayra Marr. Now rumors of the long time friends (seriously, since diapers or something right?) being an item have been floating around long since X-Factor, but both have always firmly stuck with insisting that they were just friends. That even seemed to be true when Harry and Caroline Flak went public with their scandalous relationship. But sorry Harry and Emma, your secrets out!

Pictured below are very incriminating photos of the pair side stage, acting very cuddly, and *gasp* even kissing!

Ed even dedicated ‘Kiss Me’ to ‘my two friends who are here tonight. They also decided to give love a shot after years of friendship as well.’ Hmm… who could that be about?

So, sorry Directioners. It seems that Emma has finally stolen our little Haz’s heart.

This should really heat up the ship wars!

And ps, we are so team Emrry!"


I rolled by eyes at our “couple” name. It’s been floating around for a while now. I even had one with Niall apparently we had been secretly dating all this time as well. Yeah, sure, okay.

Bellow the little article were two pictures. One was of Harry standing behind me, obviously whispering in my ear. And the other was what looked like us kissing. You couldn’t actually see much of our faces though, thank god. But my head was angled up and his hair was in front of the camera view. In other words; it was hard to play off as something else.

“Well,” Mayra said as we finished reading the article, “At least these people were nice?” she offered.
I just sent her a glare, “This was not how I wanted my family to find out.” I grabbed my phone again, “I need to call my mother before she finds out.”

Mayra nodded, “I’m logging into your twitter to see what people are saying, you know, to be your buffer.”

I rolled my eyes, “Fantastic.” I shot sarcastically.

*****

My mom already knew. I guess Anne told her after Harry visited her. I should have known. She was a little annoyed it took me so long to tell her but was over all ecstatic about it. I also got a text from Gemma, who also already knew, warning me that it was the biggest thing to hit the internet today.

Mayra and I vaguely skimmed my twitter @replies. There were both positive and negative tweets. The positive I was grateful for, they even got ‘Emrry’ trending. Honestly though, even though I was thankful for the outpour of support, it was awkward. The negative irritated me, but I was used to ignoring those.

After looking through the internet for a bit, I got called into work, which was the last think I wanted to do today, especially after only 3 hours of sleep, plus this blow up.

Harry called me a few times, which tipped me off that Matt has indeed called him, but I ignored him. I was slightly irritated with him, I told him this would happen, but I was also in a rush to get home, changed and run to work.

When I arrived at the bookstore, there were way more teenage girls in and around the building than usual.

“Should I give you a bonus for bringing in all this business?’ Seb asked when I entered the back room.

I rolled by eyes as I clocked in, “You heard too?”

“Yeah, a couple of girls were whispering loudly about it.”

“Awesome.” I sighed.

When I walked back out to the sales floor girls turned and stared at me again, but tried and failed, to act like they weren’t.

Pete walked by me carrying a box and whistled, “So you and Styles huh?” he tried to hid the annoyed look on his face.

I rolled my eyes for probably the 100th time that day, and I knew wouldn’t be the last, “Not right now.” I said as I walked over and logged into my register.

“I’m just saying, I knew there was something going on there, even when we were together.” He spat.

I could see people trying to listen into our conversation, “Seriously, knock it off. Not at work.” I sent him a glade, and he went on about his business.

As the day wore on, the store started emptying out, thank god. Only a handful of girls asked me if I was, in fact, dating Harry. I just ignored the question and rang up their purchases.

The store was more or less dead at the moment, with a few of our regular costumers browsing around.

“Look, I’m sorry for earlier.” Pete said walking up to the counter.

I just shrugged and started organizing the counter, “It’s fine.”

“It’s just, it was hard seeing those pictures.”

I looked up at him, “You saw those?”

“Anyone with a computer has seen them.” He said sarcastically. I just nodded and went back to focus on the counter, but he continued, “So… is it true?”

I sighed and looked back up at him, “Why does it even matter? It doesn’t concern you anymore.”

He looked away from me and shrugged, “Don’t mean I don’t still feel something for you.”

That made me freeze. This was not happening. No. Please God no. “What?” I asked shocked.

Pete looked back at me, “Working with you has just made me realize what an idiot I was,” he walked closer to me, “And, well, I was hoping-“

“Stop.” I cut him off, “I don’t want to hear it.” I stepped around him and the counter to put distance between us, “We’re done. I’m over you. And you working here wasn’t going to change anything.”

He shook his head and laughed sarcastically, “He’s not good for you Emma.”

“And you are?” I shot.

“I could be now!” He urged, “I’ve changed.”

“And I don’t care.” I crossed my arms.

He shook his head at me, “You do realize who your best friend is right? He sleeps with everyone. What makes you think that being with you will change any of that?”

“You don’t know the real Harry, and neither does those people who start rumors. Trust me.”

Before Pete could reply the bell over the door chimed. I looked over and there was Harry, with a beanie and sunglasses covering his face.

He looked between me and Pete for a moment, “Are you kidding me?”

“Harry,” I said and started to walk towards him.

He threw his hand up, “Save it.” He spat then marched right back out the door.

I sighed and rubbed my hands down my face.

“Yeah, what a catch, that one.” Pete said sarcastically.

“Oh sod off!” I snapped.

Yeah, this day was seriously the worst day ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
so kind of a filler, but kind of not... actually a lot happened soooo...

comments would be nice guys, just sayin.

a bit of drama coming up. idk how long it'l take me to write/post it. comments/messages would totally help motivate me.