Sequel: Drunken Confessions

The Boy I Used To Know

Now and then I think of all the times you've screwed me over

“Alex! I already told you! We’re going to be there in a second, hold on to your tits, god!” Jack shouted, jerking the wheel to the right, causing Alex to scream.

“Watch where the fuck you’re going idiot!” Jack screamed at the driver who had passed them, giving him the finger.

“It’s kind of your fault Jack. You were all over the road,” Alex pointed out softly, his shoulders tense, pressing against the seat. Jack let out a sort of growl but said nothing. Alex frowned, and looked out the window at the wet streets of Winnipeg. The rain was coming down sideways, lashing itself into the windows, almost creating music.

“When are we going to be at the hotel?” Alex asked again softly, and Jack let out a growl of annoyance.

“You asked that five fucking minutes ago! We’ll be there soon,” he shouted again, swerving to avoid an accident.

“That is the fifteenth time we’ve almost crashed Jack! Let me -” Alex was cut off by the car stopping, and a very angry Jack.

“Get the fuck out and walk if you want to get there so bad,” he hissed harshly, reaching across Alex and popping the door open. Alex sat, staring wide eyed at what used to be his best friend. He slowly closed the door, and looked at his lap, keeping quiet. Jack scoffed and started the engine again, cranking up the radio. Their ears were greeted by Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye and Kimbra.

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don`t even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough

You didn't have to stoop so low,
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number

I guess that I don't need that though,
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing that it was always something that I'd done
And I don’t wanna live that way,
Reading into every word you say,
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know!


The song kept playing, and Alex frowned, looking at his old friend. Jack`s eyes had grown cold over the years, finally freezing over to ice. Alex blamed himself when they had broken up, and now thought that was the reason Jack was so cold now. Both Rain and Zack saw the changes in Jack, and tried convincing Alex that is really wasn`t his fault, but Alex was sure that they don`t believe that shit.

He felt the car stop, and he looked over at Jack, who had his head on the steering wheel. After a moment or two, Jack looked up and realised Alex was staring at him. He glared at Alex, and unbuckled his own seat belt, sliding out of the car, and coming to Alex`s side, opening the door.

“Well? Get out. We`re here. You bug me the whole fucking way to get here, and then you -” Alex cut Jack off by kissing him. Immediately Jack shoved Alex off of him and Alex hit his head on the dash board, whimpering.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU NO GOOD SON OF A BITCH!” Jack screeched and brought his hand over Alex`s face. The sound of the back of his hand hitting Alex`s cheek was loud and crisp, hanging in the air between them. Jack`s face showed only anger, no regret. Alex kept his head down, tears slowly dripping into his hands that sat like fists on his thighs with his curled fingers pressing into his thighs.

“You`re an asshole, you know that?” Alex whispered, getting up and pushing past Jack, walking into the hotel, his hands in his pockets, head hanging down.

Jack was truly just a boy Alex used to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first one shot, and first slash sort of thing. I'm really, really sorry if it's shit, I'm not that good that this. I honestly hoped you liked it. :)

-Until next time, <3