You Mean More to Me Than Words Could Ever Say

Chapter 16.

A few days later Mikey called me early in the morning. I was still tired so I let it go to voicemail. After falling asleep again and then waking up around 12, I saw I had 3 missed calls from him. I decided calling back would be the appropiate thing to do. We were friends, and I couldn't let us fight. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Frank?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"We need to talk."

"I know." I mumbled.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked, sounding hurt and upset. I flinched and took a deep breath.

"Mikey... you lied to me. You told me Gerard liked me, but that obviously isn't true." I told him.

"Frank, Gerard does like you... I don't know why he's been with that guy-"

"Wait, he's still hanging out with him?" I yelled. After a few moments, he responded.

"I'm not going to lie to you... yeah... they're chilling right now. And they hung out yesterday too." I felt jealously come over me. I wasn't sure what it meant but I brushed it off.

"What's this guys name?" I asked.

"Ryder." He said, making a pop sound with his lips.

"If he likes me than why is he talking to this Ryder guy?"

"I don't know. The night after we got Taco Bell Gerard came in my room and said he wanted to talk to me. He said that now that I knew he was gay he had something else I needed to know, and that was that he kind of liked you."

"Kind of?" I asked.

"Well, he doesn't really know you all that well... but he likes what he sees." I nodded, then flash backed to when we were meeting at the place to get food, and Mikey had been all hyper and odd. It explained it now. He was hyper because he knew about Gerard's crush.

"So... he basically just thinks I'm hot?" I asked.

"Yeah, pretty much." I nodded to myself. So maybe Ryder is boyfriend material and I'm just attractive to him.

"I think you two should hang out, just the two of you." Mikey suggested.

"Why?"

"Get to know one another... see if maybe there's something more." He said. I wondered how it would go. Just us two talking and discovering one another. I wonder if we'll click or butt heads.

"Uhm, I guess." I said.

X~x~X~x~X

"So why are we here again?" Gerard asked. We were currently at a comic book store.

"Mikey said you like comic books, and I do too, so I figured I'd take you here. Check some stuff out. Plus we don't ever chill, and if we're gonna work it out with this band, then we need to get to know one another." I said, stopping before I said too much. He smiled.

"Very true. Oooh Doom Patrol!" He squealed, heading over to a section. I followed him and checked it out.

"Have you read this before?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, the early stuff... not anything new but I hear it's good." He told me.

"It is..." I began, telling him about it and how many new twists were on it. He smiled.

"I give you brownie points for reading it. That's awesome that you did." I smirked, and told him about other comics I've read, showing off a bit. Soon we were engaging in a deep conversation.

"Ever read The Biologic Show?" He asked me.

"No... what is it?"

"The weirdest, creepiest comic you'll ever read. It's disturbing." He explained.

"Sounds like my type of comic!" He smirked and went into detail about it. Suddenly a worker
came over and yelled at us, saying we better buy something or get out.

"I got a game Frankie." I smiled.

"What game?" I asked.

"We run around the store, pick up a random comic without seeing what it is, and pay for it. Then we find out what we bought when we get out." I smiled at him.

"Alright... let's do it."

"3... 2... 1!" He yelled. I ran over to a section and scooped up a comic, hiding it behind my back having no idea what I got. Gerard came over a second later with his behind his back too.

"Ready?" He asked. I nodded and went over to the cashier. He bagged my comic and I paid him, and then waited for Gerard. As he bagged Gerard's, I saw the cashier had a weird look on his face. He noticed but paid anyway. We left the store and smiled at each other, excited and anxious.

"Okay well, you first." Gerard said. I pulled it out of my bag. The comic was 'Kill Your Boyfriend'.

"Hey, I love that!" He said. I had never heard of it.

"Really? I'll have to read it. Okay take yours out!"

"Alright... I'm scared." He chuckled. As he pulled out his comic, I started cracking up in uncontrollable laughter. Gerard just blushed madly at the comic. It was an anime lesbian porn magazine.

"Ah what the fuck! What am I supposed to do with this!?" He yelled. I only laughed harder as he stuffed it back into his bag. I teased him about it the whole time we were in the car.

"So anyway," I said, letting him go about his 'comic'.

"Do you want to come back to my place or go home?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"I guess your place." I nodded, feeling nervous for some reason as I drove back to my house. We went up to my room and Gerard examined the posters and CD's.

"You listen to good shit." He commented. I smiled.

"I know." He smiled and pulled out my guitar.

"I wish I could play." He mumbled. I walked over to him.

"Maybe I can teach you?" He smiled and sat on my bed with the guitar. I sat cross legged in front of him and placed his fingers in the correct spots, teaching him all the basic chords. I was jittery and nervous for some reason. I showed him where to strum and how to tune it correctly. He was better at finger picking, so I taught him a few simple tunes that I wrote up a while back when I taught myself how to play. He picked it up fairly quickly but still slipped up every now and then. Either way, it was pretty good for his first time.

"You think I'm ready to perform yet?" He said jokingly. I smiled and took the guitar.

"You're not bad. But hey you sure as hell can sing." I told him honestly. I saw his cheeks turn slightly pink. I was pretty sure my face was as red as a tomato.

"Do you know Helena by The Misfits?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Of course I do."

"Okay, I'll play and you sing it."

"Alright." He said, sounding nervous. I found myself thinking that was cute.
As I started strumming, he eventually joined his voice in. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sound of his voice, getting chills up and down my spine. Hearing his voice this close and personal, not through a microphone or speaker, was unreal. He sounded truly amazing. I knew that over time his voice would only get even better. After the song I put the guitar back. I turned around finding
Gerard texting on his phone, and I wondered who it was. He finished and looked up at me.

"You hungry?" He asked.

"Yeah, a bit." I answered.

"Let's get some food then!" He chirped. I smiled and headed downstairs to the kitchen, with him following behind me. We grabbed some cereal and ate Cheerios. I ate them how they were but Gerard grabbed the sugar and started putting spoonfuls into his bowl. I started laughing at his outragious actions and then found myself choking on a cheerio. A single cheerio. He noticed and starting laughing but panicking. He got behind me, wrapping his arms around my stomach trying to give me the heimlich maneuver. I managed to swallow it instead, and started cracking up, telling him I was okay between laughs. He starting laughing and sat back down.

"What happened!?" He said, smiling. I calmed myself.

"I choked... on a cheerio..." He starting cracking up once again and I joined in. I playfully hit him on the arm.

"Shut up!" I said, smiling. He smiled.

"Okay, okay... person who chokes on a single cheerio." I smiled and blushed and went back to eating my cereal. I found myself highly attracted to him at that moment, and the thought of him also finding me attractive made me want to throw myself at him. The thought of kissing a guy instead of a girl turned me on. It also made me feel butterflies in my stomach. At that moment I realized I truly like him. And I CAN picture myself dating him. His phone started buzzing on the table, and I saw it said Ryder on it. My mood quickly dropped.

Who was I kidding, I'm never going to be with Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I was a bit late on updating again. I'm sorry :( But thank you for all the amazing comments, and my mom is doing okay thank you for your worries(: She broke her ankle and fractured a vertabrea in her spine, and a few other small injuries...nothing too major. She got surgery and is fine now. Thank you all ! Hope this update was nice and long(: