You Mean More to Me Than Words Could Ever Say

Chapter 22.

At first, I wasn't going to tell anyone I was moving. I didn't want them getting all worked up, and it just making me feel worse. So I was going to keep it to myself until the day before I actually left.

When I was sitting in music class, the guys could tell I was upset but they didn't ask questions. Gerard kept giving me looks, studying me hard, but never said a word. Towards the end of the class, he asked a brief "You good?", but I just nodded my head, refusing to tell him. However, he was able to pry it out of me in art class.

The second I walked in, he was back in his old seat that was next to mine. He wasn't drawing like usually. He was sitting there patiently waiting for me.

"Hey Frank!" Gerard chirped. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Come, step into my office." He joked playfully. I smiled briefly and sat next to him.

"Now, what's going on?"

"Just a rough day."

"Rough day my ass. Something is seriously bothering you. You're not yourself." I looked around the room, stalling for time. Hopefully class would start soon and I wouldn't have to say anything revealing.

"Honestly Gerard, it's nothing."

"Frank." He said flatly. I looked into his eyes, suddenly mesmerized by how beautifully green they were. I then realized I needed to come up with something.

"Okay, alright, it's just....I've been.... feeling kind of shitty due to my stomach problem." I said, internally cringing. That was a horrible excuse.

"Bullshit. You told me last week it was getting better." I looked down, before suddenly Mrs. Adams interrupted us. I couldn't be happier. Gerard saw my face light up, knowing for sure now I'm hiding something.

"Class, give me just a few minutes, I have to go print out some papers so I'll be back in about five minutes." My heart dropped and I turned back to Gerard.

"Now, would you like to rattle off the rest of the available excuses? For example, 'I'm tired', 'I don't feel good', or 'I'm on my period'. I don't think so. So tell me Frank, because you and I both know you're gonna have to. What, the fuck, is up?"

I stared at him blankly, going over how I would say what I needed to in my head. A couple ideas weren't half bad, but when it came to having to voice those ideas I froze, and all that I was able to get out were two simple words.

"I'm moving."

His facial expression softened a bit, but he regathered himself.

"Where?" I took a deep breath.

"Georgia." This time, his facial expression didn't fall at all. He look bored and uninterested, much like he had the first time I met him.

"Nope." He said confidently.

"Gera-"

"Nope. Nuh uh. Not happening. Sorry." I laughed a little but he didn't even smile. He was serious.

"Hear me out. I have to explain why. It's only for six months..." I continued to tell him about my mother and I's conversation from the night before, and how I had no other choice. How my aunt and uncle already agreed to it. But Gerard never changed that look on his face. When I was done he just stared at me, looking like he was thinking hard. After he didn't say anything, I poked his stomach as if it would help.

"Gee?"

He smirked at me.

"I have an idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short, but it needed to be this way. And I'm so sorry I didn't update Friday, kinda got into some trouble. Love me?