You Mean More to Me Than Words Could Ever Say

Chapter 4.

I slammed my locker door closed, not understanding where my sudden anger came from. I didn’t question it however, but instead made my way to history, in a hurry. It was three weeks into the school year, and already had I begun to hate it. I had three classes with Bob now, including lunch. He transferred into one of mine and I transferred into two of his so that we could see each other. Once around the first week of school in the hallway he pointed out the guy Ray he had mentioned back when we practiced my song, and I realized I had math with the guy, and the same lunch period. His fro was hard to miss. He sat in front of me in math and I constantly had to peer over his lump of hair to see the board.

Over the past few weeks, I became good friends with the kid. He had a great taste in music, and a good ear for playing guitar. We all jammed every week, and Ray was always coming up with genius ideas. After he showed me how to improve my skills, I looked up to him and taken a strong respect for him. He was my musical idol.

As I walked into history, I stared at the ground on the way to my seat, avoiding the gaze of the hot chick that always checked me out. She made me nervous, I don’t know why. Last week I found out her name was Isabelle.

She had approached me with a hint of starvation in her eye and a mischievous smirk dancing on her lips. I found myself becoming intimidated and almost scared. She toyed with her lip ring and twirled her hair, as if trying to be sexy and flirtatious. I was unimpressed.

“Hey, I’m Isabelle.” her voice had been sweet, with caked on innocence.

“Frank.” I bluntly had stated.

She invited me to a party and then walked off upon hearing the bell, taking a seat.

I had thought through it the whole class period, finally deciding I would go. I needed to get a break from school already, and some time to just get drunk off my ass and not give a fuck about anything. As I sat through my history lesson today, catching a glance at Isabelle, I remembered today was Thursday, meaning the party was tomorrow. It was so cliché to party on a Friday. Mr. Ryhmes dragged the lesson on, speaking in monotone. Time seemed as if it were in slow motion. I drummed my fingers on the desk, surprised at my hyperness, but also not surprised. I had a huge mug of coffee this morning, and it still had full effect on me. I folded my arms over the desk, resting my head on my fore arms, trying to calm myself down and relax.

Suddenly, something stung the back of my neck and I bolted right up in my seat. A few snickers sounded from behind me, as I turned in my chair, facing the jackasses. I came face to face with two jocks, both grinning at me, with expectant looks. I knew the ones name as Mark, considering he was very popular. The other one was as well, but I couldn’t remember his name.

“Problem?” Mark asked.

“I really don’t like you.” was the first thing that popped out of my mouth.

They shot me dirty looks. Great, now I know I’m getting my ass kicked. Before they could say anything, I was saved by the bell. I met up with Bob and Ray in the hallway to walk to math together.

“Hey guys.” I said to them.

“Did you do the homework?” Ray asked.

“Yeah, right, ME do homework.” I replied. He chuckled and Bob put a hand on my shoulder.

“Man, you gotta start doing it, cheesy as it sounds.” he said to me sincerely. I shrugged.

“S’not like I have to worry. I usually don’t put too much effort in until the last two semesters.”

They both shook their heads.

“Dipshit.” Ray said, chuckling. I playfully hit him in the arm, and we walked off to class.

X~x~X~x~X

As I walked into music, one of the classes I transferred into to see Bob, I caught eyes with the guy Gerard. He was in this class, and I constantly tried to advert my gaze. He always glared at me, with a look on his face that I couldn’t quite name. I took my seat with Bob, and we worked on our song using the supplied guitar and drum set in the class. About half way into practicing, I was fed up.

“We need a fucking singer. And a fucking bassit.” I groaned. They all just nodded in unison, but there was honestly nothing we could do. Flyers wouldn’t work, the school looked at us like society rejects, and we needed people we were comfortable with. Without another word we started up again, but the mood was ruined. It felt hopeless.

After music ended, I parted ways with the guys and headed to art, weary of what was in store for me. Mark and two of his other friends would be there, and I knew he was probably working up a plan with them. I entered the room, seeing everyone standing at the back of the room and the desks were in pairs. I looked over to Mrs. Adams for an answer. She sweetly smiled at me.

“Changing seats, dear. Stand at the back with the others.” I offered a smile, nodded, and headed to the back. Mark bumped me hard with his shoulder on my way to get to the back of the group. I winced but kept my mouth shut, and my attention to myself. It was odd we were changing seats, it was only the third week of school. Then again, Mrs. Adams was always changing things up and keeping things fresh. Sometimes we’d be in the middle of a project, and she’d stop us and say “Im bored of this, lets do this instead!” I loved her for it. She was a cool teacher, and let us do whatever we liked. Sometimes she barely noticed kids curses or crazy behaviour. Or maybe she did but didn’t care. Either way I loved her to death.

“Frank dear!” I came out of my thoughts and snapped to attention. I was the last person standing, considering I’d been hiding behind everyone. Mrs. Adams looked at me expectantly. A few people chuckled and Mark and his friends made sure to laugh obnoxiously loud. I blushed.

“Sorry.” I mumbled. She smiled.

“It’s quite alright dear. Take your seat next to Gerard.” I froze.

I looked around, searching for him. He was seated in the third row, second to last. I went over and paused, looking at the space between the his chair and the desk behind him. I had no choice but to practically grind against him as I made my way to the seat. I felt his body tense, and chills went up and down my spine. I don’t know what happened, but I was in a trance for the remainder of the class.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Let me know how you like the new layout! And please guys! I need some feed back to continue writing this story! It's not that hard to comment! Without feedback, I don't know if this is even any good, please, give me something!