Status: Active!

Deal

III

Candy stumbled to find words, surprised by him. "Uh, yeah. Haha. This fucking piece of shit won't start."

The man furrowed his strong, yet neat, eyebrows together, "Its probably too cold for the engine. I've lived in Michigan my whole life, I've seen this happen so many times its ridiculous," he threw in a slight smile and small laugh, "need a lift?"

A smile spread across Candy's face, she could almost feel her eyes sparkle.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks," she said, trying not to sound too excited. She didn't want to come off as desperate or anything. She unlocked her door and he opened it for her, stepping aside with a grin. Candy grabbed her bags while explaining how to get to her apartment building and followed him to what was a black 1977 Trans Am with a spread eagle painted on the hood.

"Your car looks really familiar," she questioned as she got into the passenger's side, trying to remember where she had seen it from.

Her life saver smiled, laughing as his face turned a little red. "Well, when I was a kid my dad always watched that cheesy movie Smokey and the Bandit. Well, it stuck on me and I, uh, well. Decided to get a near replica of the car. My name's Matt, by the way. Matt Rath."

Matt extended a hand to Candy, his almost permanent grin radiating in her direction.

"Candy Miller. Pleased to meet you. And I think that's kinda cute, y'know, the whole car thing," she stated with a soft smile.

They shook hands and he started his car, pulling out of the parking lot. He turned on the radio, turning it up when he realized what song it was.

"So, Candy, baby. Tell me about yourself."

"Well, there isn't much to say," she replied with a laugh, "I've been working there for about five or six months after I moved out of my mom's house."

"Fun, fun. How old are you?"

Candy almost lied, not wanting to push him away once he knew how young she is. "Eighteen. Going to be nineteen in a few months, I moved out the night of my birthday."

A mixed look of confusion and surprise spread over his nearly perfect face, "Why'd you move out in such a hurry? I mean, you're pretty young. Most people wait a little bit longer."

She looked into her lap for a minute, trying to figure out a way to answer his question without putting all her issues onto the table. "Well, my momma. She had her own problems, and I couldn't really uh, get along I guess, with her husband. So I just decided to move out and take care of myself."

He gave her an understandable nod, switching radio stations; finally just settling on the one they were previously listening to. As the small talk subsided, Candy stared out the window; trying to figure out the direction he was taking when suddenly the car lurched to a stop in a deserted parking lot. She looked around, terrified that he had turned out to be some lunatic.

Matt laughed, "Don't look so scared. I figured you smoked, so I felt like rolling up a blunt or something. Today's been long."

Candy laughed and muttered a small "Oh, yeah, I do." as she watched him unbuckle his seat belt and reach behind his seat, pulling up a small black backpack.

He zipped it open and reached inside, retrieving a packet of grape Swisher Sweets and a baggie of fluffy deep green nugs with flecks of orange. Rolling down his window so he could empty out the tobacco out of one of the cigarillos, Candy nervously unbuckled her seatbelt. Thoughts of cops coming by and busting them ran through her mind, she had always been a paranoid person in these types of situations.

"I have a question," Matt asked, randomly breaking the silence. She looked at him, raising a perfectly filled in eyebrow.

"Why stripping? Why not waitressing, or maybe going to school?"

Candy laughed, "Its an easy job to get. All I had to do was walk in, say I need a job, and show them my license. And I would never get a tuition for school, and I obviously don't have the money to pay for it on my own."

He gave her and understanding nod, licking the wrap before rolling it shut and running his lit lighter along it; to seal it shut. Placing the blunt between his perfectly shaped lips, he inhaled deep; shutting his eyes. After doing this a couple times, he passed it to Candy; coughing.

Candy did the same, then passed it back. As she coughed, her eyes began to grow somewhat heavy and she leaned her head back against the seat. They continued this rotation without conversation, Lit's song "My Own Worst Enemy" humming from the radio. After he placed the roach in the car's ash tray, Matt leaned back just like Candy did.

Candy hadn't smoked in a while, she didn't have the money. Last time she did was in the bathroom at work with Sapphire months ago. She let the high wash over her, her arms and legs started to feel lighter, her eyes even heavier than before.

"I can't tell if my tolerance has built up," she started; breaking the silence, "or if this shit is just fucking dank. Because this song, sounds awesome right now."

Matt laughed. His laugh was strong and hearty, his smile was wide. "Probably that this shit is just dank, I get it from a Grade A supplier out in Farmington Hills."

Candy raised her eyebrows and nodded, "Farmington Hills, huh? Those kids have some pretty good shit. I mean I would think so anyways, rich fucks."

The rest of the time spent in the car on the way to Candy's apartment complex was spent with small talk; the snow, Sugar Lips, Matt's stories about getting into fights or ripping people off. The more they talked, the more Candy grew to like him.

"So," Matt started, smiling at her, "here we are."

Candy smiled back and gave him a small thanks and was almost out of the car before he stopped her, handing her his phone.

"If you don't mind, put your number in there? If you want I can give you a ride to work tomorrow so you can get your car."

"Of course, thanks so much," she said as she quickly typed in her name and number, handing it back to him.

As she walked into her building, all she could think of was how cute his smile was.
♠ ♠ ♠
So in all honesty, this was terrible. I mean it was a filler, so I can't expect much. I'm sorry for such a long wait for this shitty chapter, I've been emotionally occupied lately.
Comments appreciated.