Status: Let me know if you want me to continue! :) x

Twisted Life

01.

"I can’t wait to be done with high school" I thought just as the bell was going for my final class that day. Law was by far my least favorite subject, but it looked good on my college application. I sat through class staring at the clock, waiting to go home so that I could tumblr my life away. Finally, the bell sounded for the end of the day; I almost jumped out of my seat I was in such a hurry to leave. I practically ran home from school, not even bothering to stop at my locker to collect my homework for the winter break.

As I was walking up my driveway, I seen my mom’s jeep parked; strange, I thought to myself, my mom is never done work before six or seven O’clock. I slowly opened the back door only to see both my parents sitting in the kitchen talking in hushed voices. I froze. They both stopped talking to look at me. Something is defiantly not right.

“Hi…” I said slowly. Maybe if I just walk quickly to my room they won’t stop me to talk. I started towards my room when I heard my mom’s voice over my shoulder calling me back so they could talk to me. I shuffled back and took a seat at the table; I know this isn’t going to be a quick chat.

“Honey, we need to talk to you about something very important,” My mom started off. Wow, this must be really bad if she’s going to use the ‘honey’ thing. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mom, but the only time she shows any affection towards me is when there is something wrong.
“I know you are going to be upset, and angry, but we kept this from you for your own good, but.” She paused, “this isn’t your real father.” My mother stated as my dad just looked at the ground. What does she mean not my real father? I’ve only ever had one dad, and my parents were married when they had me. I just sat there staring at them for a while, waiting for them to go on.
“You see, eighteen years ago I went on a trip with my girls to Ireland. I was just married and wanted to go out and have some fun. I got really drunk one night and I met this guy and things just kind of… happened.” I just continued to stare. “The next morning I realized what a horrible mistake I made, and went home early; wanting to put this whole experience behind me. A few weeks later I realized I couldn’t leave that night behind me because I found out I was pregnant.” My mom couldn’t even look at me when telling her story.

A million thoughts raced through my head; there is no guarantee that that random man is actually my father; I can’t believe my mom would do this to my dad; has this mystery man known about me this whole time? Does he not care that I’m his child? I opened my mouth to speak but my mother interrupted me.

“I know you have a lot of questions, and I am going to answer them for you, but just understand this is a hard situation for all of us.” I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Well maybe if you weren’t a slut and fucked some random man while you were MARRIED, we wouldn’t be in this ‘situation’ would we?” I screamed at her, tears threatening to escape. “You had almost eighteen years to tell me this! Why did you even bother to tell me now? Just because my life couldn’t suck enough as it is, you had to make it worse?” I was letting the tears flow down my face at this point.

“I was never planning on telling you to be honest; he left me his number and I contacted him as soon as I found out. He wanted to be part of your life, but I wouldn’t let him. I was happily married here, and having him in the picture would just make things so much more complicated for you. We sent him pictures of you growing up; he always persisted on coming to see you, but I never allowed it and he didn’t want to go through the courts. He contacted me a few weeks ago, informing me that he was going to be in Canada and the states for a few months for work, and that he wanted to see you. I immediately said no, but then he threatened to go through the courts, and I couldn’t do that to you.

He wants to get to know you; so I’ve already bought you your plane ticket and you’re going to fly out to meet him in Toronto and stay with him for the three week break. In his job they move around a lot, so you’ll be going to several different cities”

I just sat there and stared at her for a long time, and then glanced over at my father, or who I thought was my father for the past seventeen and a half years. How do they expect me to go and live with this random man who I’ve never met before, and expect me to welcome him in to my life with open arms?

“Wait, when do I leave?” I asked, surly it won’t be for a few days so I have time to sort this whole thing out before actually meeting this man.

“You leave tonight at 11pm; it was the soonest we could book your flight. You have about forty five minutes to pack and get your stuff ready, so you better start now.” My dad spoke up for this first time in this whole conversation.

I just sat there for a second; taking in everything they just told me. I didn’t say a word as I slowly got up from the table to start packing to meet my supposed father. Just as I was about to leave the room I turned around and asked the question that’s been on my mine this whole time.

“What’s his name?”
My mom responded quickly, “Paul Higgins.”
Well shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! This is a cowritten fanfiction and we would really appreciate feedback! We will be updating a lot, so no need to worry!