Triplets

Louise

I was counting down the days until I'd be able to leave this damn school and do the thing that would hurt my father the most: go and live with my mum. I know that when they'd got a divorce, my father was awarded full time custody over my mum because of issues at the time, but now that I'm sixteen I refuse to go back to my father's house and be subjected to his behaviour towards me in favour of his new family. I thought it'd be able to work but his sending me here erased that thought entirely from my mind.

For now, I was forced to participate in everything that the school required me to do just so that I don't get sent back to my father early and made unable to reach my mum. One thing I was forced to participate in was the trip that my form tutor so kindly arranged for my form. Not only does the form contain my roommate who I endured unwillingly, but it also contained the girls who seemed to enjoy making my life hell as I was their 'target' for the year.

It was early morning on the day of the trip that the form tutor came knocking on all our dorm rooms in order for us to make it to the bus on time if we were going to be setting off at dead on eight o'clock. We still were required to wear our uniforms which I found incredibly stupid as it was a trip we were supposed to be going on, but I guess private boarding schools fail to have logical like that. Rachel, the girl whom I shared a room with, sat next to me on the bus and filled me in on her family life that I obviously wanted to hear about. Thankfully, she didn't get round to asking about mine because by the time she'd finished explaining hers, we'd arrived at our destination.

Our trip was to a neighbouring state where the partner school to ours was putting on a production that my form tutor oh-so-luckily managed to get us tickets to. The joy in watching something that I don't care about while surrounded by people who I could live without. Yeah, my father really put me in this school for my own good.

The teacher stood at the front of the bus we were in and indicated that any talking needed to cease, and not even a minute later it was silent enough to hear people outside the bus talking. "Alright ladies, need I remind you of what is expected of your behaviour for the entire duration of our stay?" she asked, her beady eyes sweeping across her audience.

"No, Miss," we chorused. Just like we were taught because apparently we're children and need to clarify that we understand what had just been announced to us. I honestly don't understand the majority of the rules and regulations that this school followed. I know that it housed younger girls as well, but they should at least be able to distinguish between the older girls and the younger ones within their rules so that one group are not treated above their age and the other not treated below their age. Evidently, they don't because for some reason, it makes more sense to treat sixteen year olds like they're twelve and don't know how to make it look like they're paying attention to whatever their teacher is rattling on about.

I tried to avoid sitting anywhere near the bullies but they deliberately sought me out and sat directly behind me. Rachel sat next to me, not noticing the girls behind us. Not like many did, though, because who'd want to notice when someone can't stick up for themselves against a group of girls? Yeah, not many people. In fact, anyone who had seen me have trouble with them have just walked right past and not even acknowledged the situation. I think I can only recall one time when people did acknowledge it, but that was when we were in the shower room and they decided to gang up on me and give me a nice birthday bashing. They took a clump out of my hair which they kept as a trophy or something–not like I paid attention or had the energy to care about.

"I wonder why Miss decided to bring us here," Rachel said, straining to look over the sea of heads that were blocking her view from the stage. "I mean, I'm glad we're away from classes for the day, but honestly, a production? We're not the drama class, you know. I wonder whether she got us mixed up with them, though."

I just shrugged. "I honestly don't care why she brought us here," I told her.

"Well it's got to be for some reason, you know. Ooh, maybe she's trying to take ideas for the drama class. I knew she'd do some shit like that one day." As Rachel spoke, she moved her hands around in the air. They weren't even trying to motion anything; it was just like a habit she had that she was blissfully unaware of actually doing until someone mentioned it to her.

I sighed but nodded. "Yeah, I guess so," I mumbled, just as the kicking on my chair begun.

The fact that I'm someone who gets bullied would be shocking to anyone who knew me at my old school because that was just something that would never happen to me. Now, I don't want to say that I would have been the bully back then, but I certainly wouldn't have been the one to be pushed around by other girls and would have more likely been the one to torment someone I disliked over drama that'd happened a few weeks or months ago. It's not like I haven't tried to assert myself against the girls in this school, but the boarding bit makes it a bit hard because the day I tried that was the day they cornered me in the hallway and dragged me into the locker room we had in the dorm block and locked me in one of the lockers for the night. They stood outside the locker for most of the night before unlocking it at around five and heading back to their dorms. The worst thing about the locker itself was that it was one of the ones that no one liked using because it had a constant stench of piss because of something that apparently happened almost a decade ago. I'm not even too sure what it was supposed to be other than a prank that happened on the last day of term before breaking up in June. Let's just hope nothing of the sort happens this year.

Just as the production begun, one of the girls behind me leaned forward. "Hey, Louise, I found some of your hair. Here, you can have it," she hissed, and suddenly I had a lock of hair placed in my shoulder.

Confused, I brushed it onto my lap and brought the rest of my hair around my shoulder to survey any damage. I looked behind to see one of them holding scissors while the others were watching me in amusement. They'd taken a chunk of locks off my hair and I didn't even feel it! I can't believe they could do something like that and I wouldn't feel a thing.

For the rest of the production, I kept my hair over my shoulder so that none was against my back and I sat on the edge of my seat so that they couldn't touch me to do any more damage to me or my hair. It felt like a long affair after I'd received the hair, and Rachel refused to remove her eyes from the production because she didn't want any part of what was going on between the girls and I–well, it wasn't like I wanted any part of it either, but I'd learnt my lesson. Or, at least, I'd learnt that there was nothing I could do while we were still at school, but as soon as the final day of the academic year comes, I will be getting my own back on them for everything that they have tormented me with. I can't wait for that day to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting back on the roll!