Triplets

Diamond

“Call an Ambulance!” it was my older brother rushing around.
He was covered in blood, his blood? No. He had no gash or open wound on his tanned skin.
“For gods sake Diamond! Move!” he shook me, with fear deep in his green eyes.
Then I saw her. My mother had blood coming out of her mouth and ears.
I was paralysed, like stone, no way of stopping what was happening.
“She’s gone…” I managed to choke out, now by her side I could clearly see her smudged make up and glassy eyes.

“Where the hells Dad!” My brother, Grey, was hysterical, walking back and forth.
The police just let him go along with it. Two of them, one for each of us. The women looked at me, she studied me. I had to keep calm. The man checked his watch.
“We will have to leave you two very soon. Your Dad will be back shortly after.” the women with cold blue eyes stated, focusing on me.

The room warped into a church. I was wearing a black knee length dress, Grey wore a suit, matching many others who were there. The coffin at the front was white and the audiences faces more grim than ever. I only had a few short seconds to look at everyone, then the whole room warped again.
My first day of high school. Or hell as it’s better known.
Grey was by my side, he was only ten months older than me.
“Everything will be ok. I will see you at lunch.” he hugged me and drifted away into the large crowds.

I was in the crowded halls.
“Look, it’s the freak who lost her mother not so long ago.” a blonde girl in a very short pink dress and shallow heels whispered, “I heard she did it.”
“Ha! Look at her. That’s Diamond, he parents made a big mistake on that name, she’s worth nothing.” a few others giggled.
I was the laughing stock of the school already.
“Hi.” a boy my age was now in front of me, “I guess you’re Diamond? I’m Dylan, I think we have mostly the same lessons, come hang out with me and my friends?”
I just nodded. Turns out they were just like me, the rejects. But nice rejects.

The sun was no longer in the sky. It was night.
I was at her gravestone. I could only see the image of her glassy eyes and bloody face, whenever her name was mentioned. Then Grey and Dad were behind the grave stone.
“It’s not your fault you know.” Grey looked guilty and bowed his head.


“Yes it is.” I woke due to the sound of my alarm.
It had been a tough few months, I believe it has to get worse to get better and it seems to be on the up.
I crawled out of bed and made my way down stairs to make breakfast for Grey and I. Dad never seemed to be home, he found ways to stay away from reality. He had a steady job, it paid well but he spent time on his girlfriends. We rarely saw him.
“Grey! Get up! It’s Monday!” I shouted upstairs, “Pancakes?”
I heard a few bumps then saw Grey run around the corner, “Yes! When is it ever no?”

Sometimes I wish I could pack my bags and travel. Take Grey with me, maybe to Canada. It wasn’t far, but then again I want to go far, so Japan would be nice, or Russia.
“You ready for all the popular kids to make your life hell again?” Grey smiled and grabbed all the pancakes, “Don’t look at me like that, you don’t even like pancakes. Much.”
“Yes I do, and I don’t even pay attention, I just go with my nerd gang and actually attend class.” I winked and grabbed a cereal bar.
Grey was head of the football team, head of whatever committee was most popular and one of the most popular guys in the school, which was the only reason I survived.

Walking to school was peaceful, we lived away from the crowded city type area, nearer the beach.
“Grey,” I started putting my sunglasses on, “I had another nightmare last night.”
“Yeah?” he sighed, “Me too. This time it was worse though, for some reason it was in black and white.”
“I was just constantly warping, from place to place, time to time.” I couldn’t look in his direction.
“It’s not your fault.” he stated, stopping and holding my shoulders.
“You always say that, but if I hadn’t of gone out after school that day and had walked faster or…or…done something differently. I could have stopped it.” I stopped myself.
“You couldn’t have done anything. Nothing. As much as me, or the paramedics.” he sighed, “I miss her too.”
He took my sunglasses off, wiped my tears and hugged me.
“Stop stressing, one day you’ll see.” he broke away and gestured to start walking, “Your not having these sunglasses back by the way, they suit me more.”
“Fine…Your cooking tonight, I’ve got a date.” I told him, he was stunned.
“Erm, oh right? Who?” he was taken aback.
“That boy I hang around with a lot, Dylan.” I smiled, Grey nodded.
“Well, I’ll talk to him tonight.” he winked, oh great, an interrogation.

The school looked as it always did. So did the cliques.
“D!” I turned to see Reni running my way, “Long time no see.”
“Yeah, I’ve been away, in Wyoming with the Grandparent, my Nan to be more precise. What have you been up to?” I answered and asked.
“Oh I just when to New York for a week, then Florida. Having any parties at your house. We all want to see Grey again.”
Reni was one of my best friends, she was lively and charming, had wild pink hair. Oh, she also had a huge crush on Grey, which wasn’t the best of things, I sometimes think she only comes round to see Grey, especially when she hears there’s a pool party…
Ah that was one of the problems having a popular older brother, it was always about him, especially with the girls. Oh well, I could leave in a few years, then out into the world!

For now it was just schooling and putting up with the bimbos and snooty kids…
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short, I hope it's short and sweet though ;]