Triplets

Diamond

In I walked. Through the gates of hell and into the halls of horror. I can't name one person who enjoys all aspects of school, you either like the popularity and friends or there's the learning. For me it was the learning, I never had many friends and for this reason I told Markie that I wanted to spend this year with him and his friends, since Reni has decided she wants to join the cheer squad so she can see Grey a lot more. These white wash walls get duller every time my eyes are greeted by them. I suppose that means I would get headaches from the blinding white.

So today I had English, Maths, Biology then Chemistry - after school hours I had also got History studies extra. Fun for me. I also had no real breaks because Markie and his group spent their time doing extra experiments and geek out over books. So basically what I will enjoy doing for the rest of this year. I walked straight to English as work leads to me being late. How fantastic.

I sat down next to Markie - Reni was off trying to impress some popular kids by smoking weed with them in some deserted halls - so now I was listening to the English teacher tell us how Romeo and Juliet was important to literature. Which it is, but I just feel no one actually pays attention to it. It has got love in it, but it's not about love, well not to me anyway. I just wish I wasn't the only person listening to this, although Markie was writing a lot more than me. Maybe I was always destined to be a nerd and not one of the invisibles that go from group to group. Have I been wasting my time? I'll soon find out.

----Lunch Break----

"So guys." Markie began, "This week we have Diamond joining our little group. Why don't you introduce yourselves?"

I breathed slowly as they all stared at me. Judging me for not wearing smarter and more reserved clothing. Maybe I should've worn shorts instead of a summer blue dress.

"I'm Den," A boy with curly brown hair and glasses mumbled as he fixed his glasses and shifted in his checked shirt.

"Nice to meet you Den." I smiled back at him, wanting to get this over with.

"I'm Coal, I like your dress by the way." This boy didn't look like your average nerd, I bet he could have been a jock with his blond hair in a quiff and superb sense of style. "Glad you could join us, Markie talks about you sometimes."

"Thank you." I blushed and flicked my hair back into place.

"Awesome to have another girl here, the name's Jewel." A tall dark skinned girl smiled at me and stuck her hand out - I shook it and became fully aware of her strength and height. "Before you ask. No, I do not play basket ball."

For once in my entire school career I felt as if I belonged and that these people wouldn't turn on me. I finally found where I belonged.

"So what are we up to today?" Markie started and moved towards a few sheets of paper.

In that hours break we played with so many chemicals and did some extra research in time for Chemistry - I found out there was only five people in our higher Chemistry class. I don't know why but it seemed pretty good to me, so I was just happy I didn't need to meet any new people. It also explained why we could just play with the chemicals whenever we wanted.

The lesson was pretty fun and at the end I found out that Jewel and Coal had extra history with me, so I wouldn't be all alone again. To be honest I was pretty amazed I'd never met these people before now.

On the way to extra history a crowd of the popular kids pushed Coal over and stood around him to watch him get up - it was then I realised why he wasn't popular. He was gay. They all called him a "fag" and laughed. Which I found completely ridiculous, why can't you be popular and gay! Amazingly he just brushed it off and joined us again, Jewel sighed and shook her head. Just as she turned from the scene someone threw something at the back of her head. Surprise hit me. It was Reni. She threw it.

"Reni?" She looked at me as if I had sworn at her and disrespected her mother.

"Shut up freak!" One of the many boys called back, by now Coal was behind me and pulling at my arm. "Reni, do you know this freak."

She was silent for what felt like a very long time, "She wishes." As she said this her face looked as if she had just betrayed a friend. Oh wait! She had.

"Oh you must be another Reni!" I laughed, "See the Reni I know has loyalty and courage, whereas you are obviously one of those brainless idiots! See you later, I have extra History!"

Jewel chimed in, mimicking my mock tone, "Because we're nerds!"

All three of us laughed as we turned and walked to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I like the short chapters, they give just the right window into Diamonds life. What do you guys think?