Triplets

Gabriel

"Dude, wait up!" Andy shouted as he ran down the hallway after me. He probably didn't need to be running like a fool right now, but that's Andy, the fool of the year. I stopped where I was and waited for him to catch me up. The hallway was practically empty as fourth lesson was starting and they were in class. The only ones who were still lingering about the halls were the likes of Andy and I; ones who dawdled along to waste more time than normal. Anything to end up in class later than we should be.

Andy caught up with me and grabbed my arm to stop me from going anywhere despite the fact that I wasn't moving in the first place. "Dude, seriously, I am screwed," he exclaimed which made me raise my eyebrow in question. "I know I say this practically every month, but I am seriously screwed. You know Karina, the chick I'm banging?"

I let out a whistle and grinned at him. "No way man! You knocked her up?"

He scowled at me and punched my arm. "Why do you always think that? But no, instead I met her sister."

"And?"

"What do you mean, and?"

"Oh! Man, you're screwed if she finds out you banged her sister," I told him, laughing at his expression. That's the thing with Andy, he sees a girl he thinks is hot and somehow he manages to get into their underwear, even if he's going out with another girl. It's a good thing that Karina doesn't go to the same high school as he does or everything that he's done behind her back wouldn't be a secret. And there's a lot of things he's done behind her back.

He let go of my arm and we started walking towards our class that we were already late to. It was Health and it wasn't like we needed it because we know how to have sex, how to protect ourselves, how to avoid teen pregnancies, and blah, blah, blah. That's seriously how most of the lesson sounds like to me, especially when the teacher plays a video for us. Now that's beyond boring.

We reached the lesson just as the teacher was about to put on yet another video. Oh the fucking joy of high school in a building. I much prefer it on my own in another country, but sadly it's not until October that we're travelling anywhere else.

"Gabriel, Andy, so glad you could finally make it," the teacher muttered sarcastically as we entered the room. I gave her a charming smile before slinking towards my seat and dropping down into it, stretching my legs out and resting my arms on the desk. As the teacher put the video into the player and pressed play, I rested my head on my hand and began looking around the room in boredom. Andy was two rows away from me so I couldn't even talk to him throughout the video.

In the end I managed to sleep for twenty minutes near the end of the video before the lights were being clicked back on and I was jolted back into consciousness. The bell went overhead and everyone got up from their seats without waiting to be dismissed. The whole bullshit 'the bell is for the teachers, not the students' lecture that our teacher used to give us doesn't work so she gave up. Good thinking on her part, I must admit. As I left the room Andy caught up with me and guided me to the left instead of the right, ignoring the fact that it was now lunchtime and we should be heading to the canteen for food, something that often comes along with lunchtime. The short amount of time where I would eat whatever I could because I wanted to.

When we got outside I lent against the wall and folded my arms over my chest, looking at him in disdain. He raised his eyebrow at me. "Dude, when I said I was screwed, I meant I am actually screwed," he told me.

"And you're keeping me from food to tell me something that you told me earlier?"

"No, dickhead. I'm telling you that I'm screwed because I banged her sister and she's threatening to confess it all to Catrina."

I whistled lowly, my eyebrows raising themselves. "No way. Shit, Andy, what you going to do?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Dunno. She's a girl, I don't know what she wants me to do. They're crazy, chicks are. I can't even understand Catrina most of the time and I've been with her for three years now."

Another thing about Andy was that he never knew what to do in situations where his back was figuratively up against a wall. What I do in situations like that is try my best to move away from the wall and duck under any consequences that may head my way. It basically meant that I would lie and shift the blame onto someone else to save my neck, something that I had been trying to get Andy to do because he's a crap liar. For example, on my eighth birthday he ate the whole of the cake my parents had brought me and then lied and said he didn't when he had chocolate icing around his mouth. Since then I had been able to work out when he's lying because he either lies when it's obvious that he had done it or he lies and then raises his eyebrows when he does it which makes him laugh while talking. Laughter is a blatant give away when it comes to lying.

"Dump her?" I suggested.

He spluttered before looking at me incredulously. "Are you crazy, Gabriel? I mean, really now. Has travelling really made you that off-balanced?" he exclaimed.

I shrugged. "Or maybe I'm just speaking sense?"

"Right, 'cos I should really dump her suddenly. Like that won't arouse suspicion from her," he bit back sarcastically.

"Alright, tosser, no need to rub it in," I muttered before pushing off from the wall. "Can we get lunch now?"

"You haven't helped me with my problem," he complained.

I sighed and rested back against the wall. "You're worse then a chick. I give you suggestions and you make excuses for them," I told him.

"Because they're crap suggestions!"

"This is why foreign girls are better. Less hassle and escaping from them is as simple as hopping on a plane and never looking back," I retorted.

He laughed and agreed. Well that's one way to change the conversation, and it worked because he dropped the whole subject and allowed us to finally go to lunch. No matter how bad our school's food is, it's still food and I will eat it. Unless it's something that I can't even recognise, then I will not eat it unless I know what it is and I trust the person who tells me what it is. Any one can lie about things like that.

We reached the canteen and went up to the food counters, looking for decent food to eat. I ended up with pasta and he ended up taking a drink before we moved away from there and sat down at an empty table. Just as I was about to take a bite, Andy spoke. "So what should I do, Gabriel? Come on, you must have some idea."

I rolled my eyes and took the bite, regardless of what he had just asked. "Does she like her sister?" I asked with my mouthful.

"Dunno, I guess not. She called her a two-faced bitch to me once." He shrugged.

"Tell her that her sister's threatening to tell her that you banged her. Tell her that she's just being spiteful to ruin her relationship with you. That way you're not exactly lying so you can't fuck it up. All you're doing is withholding certain bits from her," I explained.

He thought about it for a while. I continued shovelling forkful after forkful of the pasta into my mouth, chewing the food quickly while waiting for his answer. Just as I was gathering my last forkful, he decided to talk. Either he took a long time to think over it or I was just a really fast chewer.

"That might just work, Gabe. Man, you have no idea how screwed I am if this doesn't work," he said

"From the amount of times you've said that you're going to be screwed today, I'm going to guess quite a lot," I remarked as I ate my last forkful of pasta, chucking the container and the fork into the bin on the table. He was about to answer when the bell went for fifth lesson, meaning that we had to go our separate ways until sixth lesson. At least I didn't have to hear how he was screwed unless my idea worked for the next hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is as good as I felt it was while writing it. (: