Triplets

Diamond

“Don’t worry, he’s just a stuck up prick.” Reni tried to make me feel better.
After my ‘date’, which turned out to be just a way of getting a more popular girl jealous, Dylan hadn’t been talking to me much, so I was slightly disappointed, but I would always find another, there are more stars in the sky.
“I know, Brendon is also a prick. He shouldn’t have gone with that whore.” I told Reni as she took another big spoonful of ice cream.
Brendon was suppose to be her valentine, but dumped her for some blonde bimbo who can’t even pass basic math classes.
“Maybe you could get Grey to take me to the dance tomorrow?” Reni smiled, with hope and slight sadness.
“Fine, but you have to find me a date if you’re taking my brother.” I sighed.

Every year it would be hard to get a date for Valentines day, but we always managed. This was by far the worst year ever for my ’love’ life.
“Ok, I know who I’ll get for you.” she smirked, “Just be at my house, here, by seven.”
I looked around at all her pictures of the family, smiling and joking around.
“Wait it’s not your cousin is it? He’s an air head!” I asked, I was now slightly distressed.
“Hey, you’ll look good in pictures, he’s becoming a model too.” Reni smiled, her big red lips matching her red shaggy hair.
“Fine, I’ve got to go, Thursday nights always ‘Family’ night, I’ll tell Grey to get his suit ready. I warned him already.” I sighed, again, got up from my position and made my way out the door.

Through the bright halls of Reni’s house, walls plastered with family pictures, from holidays and ‘fun days’. Reni was aware of my family situation, as I had used it to my advantage to have ‘sleep overs’, which actually meant that we would stay up all night playing poker and drinking whatever we could get our hands on.

Before I knew it I was back and Grey greeted me with a face of anger and eyes burning.
“It’s that bad?” I asked quietly, then I hear some women laughing from the kitchen.
“Her names Princess, she changed it legally last year apparently. Oh and she is working in the offices Dad works at.” Grey pulled me inside and hid me behind the stair way, “I don’t mind if you hide away in your room for a few hours until they leave, it’s my turn.”
“Actually, I need you to talk to Reni about the dance, she’s still edgy.” I lied, I didn’t want Grey to go through this again.
“Oh, ok. Do not let them stay tonight! Tell her something’s wrong with something, you’ve always been good at lying. In a good way.” Grey winked, hugging me before running upstairs.

“Oh, honey you’re home.” Dad smiled at me and did the whole fake father routine.
“Hey, Grey had a lot of work to do and it has to be in by tomorrow, he won’t be down for the rest of the evening, oh and it’s best you don’t sleep in your bedroom tonight, rodents.” I winked, ‘Princess’ looked horrified and had a sour expression on her face.
“You must stay at my house, Daddy bought it for me, it’s central and there are tones of great shopping centres we could visit on the weekend.” Princess batted her fake eye lashes and I swear one almost fell off the movement was so frequent.
“Well if Grey isn’t coming it’s not really Family Night.” Dad stated bluntly moving from the table to Princess, whispering to her before leaving, without a goodbye.

Why did he always say that, was I not important to him? Was Grey the prize child he always wanted? Was I just a stray dying cat to him?
I was meaningless to him, he didn’t even bother to cover it up since Mum died, maybe that was it.

~Friday~

“Grey! Are you ready?” I shouted up the stairs, “It’s already twenty to seven, it takes fifteen to get there, with your driving.”
“Ok, I’m ready, remember you owe me one, all the dates I turned down.” Grey winked before grabbing my arm and rushing us out the door, “Whose this boy you are going with again?”
“Reni’s cousin.” I answered while jumping into Grey’s car.
“Are you seriously wearing that outfit? Are you trying to stay a reject?” he asked, knowing the answer.
“It’s rebelling against the idea that when going to some dance every thing has to be formal, I am wearing red aren’t I? Besides, I doubt you’d want to walk around in a dress with uncomfortable high heels and heavy jewellery, would you?” I quizzed.
“Ok, you win lets get to the house, they jump in, we get to the dance. Then home at ten, because I don’t want to miss my TV show.” he smiled.

Reni was wearing a pink dress, to match Greys pink shirt, she had sweet pink heels with a love heart pattern in different shades of pink, she also had highlight to match, with two hot pink streaks on the left side of her head, clashing with the red of her hair. She shot me one of the happiest looks I’d ever seen and wait for Grey to start up a conversation…

All night I had to watch Dylan with that girl Ramona, he was staring at me a lot. Probably because I had a date that wasn’t a nerd but a football player, from a different school, Stephan [Ste for short]. Plus, Stephan was a year older than me. Then he said something to Ramona and she marched off, leaving with evil eyes focussed on me.
“Can we go outside, I need a smoke?” Stephan asked me, looking around for Reni, she didn’t know he smoked.

When we were outside I could actually hear clearly.
“I like your style, Reni always tells me that you don’t tend to stick to the rules of the system. Blames you for not getting on to the cheer squad.” we both giggled.
“Your not too bad either Stephan.” I smiled, as he leaned closer to kiss me.
Just as we finished kissing and Ste lit another cigarette, I turned to see Dylan. He started walking over, looking angrier than I had ever seen. The music inside changed to the slow kind, meaning many people would start leaving soon.

“So you think you can turn up with some footballer from a better school and flaunt him. Rub him in every ones face? Not even bother to tell me about this air head.” Dylan blasted, keeping his eyes fixed on me.
“I think you should back off. She’s not your girlfriend!” Stephan snapped, he dropped his cigarette and quickly stood in front of me.
“Oh and I suppose she is yours then?” Dylan blasted back.
“Yeah actually! She is.” Stephan grabbed my hand and pulled me closer.
Dylan’s face dropped and he looked between us quickly before running away, probably back to his car.
“Thanks you didn’t have to do that,” I smiled, “Reni is going to be so happy, I can’t wait to see how her night went and…”
Before I could finish my sentence Ste had already planted a kiss, “I meant it” he whispered while hugging me.

“OH!” I heard Reni giggle, “So neither of you wanted to be here and it ends like this? Hmmm?”
“OK, whatever…” I mock hissed, “Where’s Grey?”
“He’s at the car, hurry up, something about a TV show?” Reni shrugged as we hurried along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Diamonds Outfit for the Dance - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=54868482