Triplets

Diamond

“Happy Birthday!” Grey shouted as he opened the curtains letting in the sunlight, “Come on get up!”
I looked over to my desk and saw he had made me pancakes, with syrup and blueberries. I already had a few cards. I got up and walked over to the food and cards, Grey sat on my bean bag across from the window.

“Let’s see,” I picked up the cards and went through them, “The glittery blue one from Reni, the pink with flowers, clearly grandparents, silvery one Grey,” I took a moment to smile at him, “Green with swirled writing, no clue and red with black marker. I don’t know.”

I opened the one from Reni, money fell out and the note said ‘Get Grey to buy some Vodka from that shady friend of his and meet me at my house, the parents are gone for a week! Bring Grey, Stephan is staying over ;)’ I giggle to myself before passing it over to Grey, he usually put them up on my window ledge in some order.
I opened the one from my Mothers grandparents, there was twenty dollars in the card and a cute message, with a picture from their recent travels. My other grandparents card is usually late, due to the fact they live in England in the winter months, then in Canada for the summer.
Next was Greys silvery one, it was a great card, black with purple writing, “Thanks Grey, I love it.” I smiled and found there was five dollars in the card, to some people that’s not a lot but as kids we always said that five dollars was enough for anyone. We’ve always given the other one five dollars, one year he gave me five dollars in coins…

The next two were a mystery, I opened the Green envelope to find it was from a boy in my class called Markie, he put a little note at the bottom, “This may seem weird, but I sent you this card because you have always helped me in chemistry, even in 9th grade when I was considered the ultimate outcast. Thank you.’ I smiled and gave the card to Grey.
“Maybe you have more friends than you think.” he smiled and placed the card on the shelf.
I studied the blue on before opening it, finding that the sender knew me better than my grandparents, it was a deep blue with electric blue writing. ‘From Stephan, Hope to see you soon, Reni said she would post this for me.’ was the note he added bellow the printed one.

I finished my pancakes before getting dressed quickly, grabbing my bag and doing my make up in Grey’s car. We didn’t talk much in the car, as we were both focusing on different things.

I walked down the halls towards my form room, looking around for Reni as I went. I didn’t see her but I did see Markie.
“Hey, thanks for the card.” I smiled, he smiled back.
“No problem,” he started before the bell went, “Maybe I’ll see you in chemistry.” he winked before walking off.

I sat down at the back of the room, waiting for Reni. While I waited I received three other cards; one from a fellow nerd (we are always hanging out after school in math), another from a boy from my English class (I did his home work for him, for a half a year) and the final from a cheerleader, I have no idea why though. I figured it would say in the cards.
As the bell rang for the first lesson I knew Reni would be at her house, prepping for my birthday.

Which was fine because chemistry was first. I managed to get a seat next to Markie. We talked a lot and did a little bit of work but not much. Turns out he’s in a few of my classes, but I’ve always been to focussed to see him.

On the car journey back I realised that I hadn’t opened my cards, the first one had a sweet message in the form of a mathematical equation and the other with a simple happy birthday. I was hesitant to open the one from the cheerleader. When I finally did I saw the message wasn’t a horrible one, ‘I lost my mum too a few years ago, I know how it feels. You may not remember me, but you were the only one who didn’t laugh at me when I came in wearing the clothes my dad had bought me, and that time I had no lunch you gave me yours and made Reni give me her drink. So, I’ve got your back ;)’

These few cards gave me some hope that the next few months might not be hell.

When I got round to Reni’s I saw Stephan outside. He saw me and ran inside. I smiled to myself and Grey let out a little laugh.
“You ready?” Grey questioned grabbing our bag from the back of the car.
“Yeah, I don’t care what happens, as long as there’s good cake.” I continued to smile.

I opened the front door to find Reni had brought together a few people to drink with. The cheerleader was on the floor next to Markie and the two nerds were looking over something on an iPad.
“I made cake.” Stephan announced, I could see Grey suppressing a laugh at Stephan’s awkwardness.
Right before I went to check out the cake I turned to Grey and whispered “Nice plan brother.”
He just winked as I went to find the cake.

It was beautiful…The cake that is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for the new updates ;D

Outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=62398704

Cake - http://www.docrafts.com/content/project/263259/project3455839/0e449201-cc18-4b25-bd13-c43b85f0177c_Zoom.jpg