Status: Finished.

You've Never Looked Better, And I've Never Looked Worse

Truth

I finished the last of my cone and wiping the remains of the ice-cream on my shorts. Alex stared up into the sky, not talking at all. It was nice out, not too cold, not too warm.

"So..." I started. "Want to head back?" I asked, breaking his stare into the night sky.

"No, I like it out here." He smiled, more to the sky than at me. I nodded. "So what's up with you and Jack?" He threw out of no where.

I arched my eyebrow. "Excuse me?" I asked. He chuckled at me.

"Don't act stupid." He laid back onto the grass. "Jack doesn't worry that much about a person unless he likes them. I also assume you like him back because you agreed to stay on the bus with a group of guys that you don't know." I bit my lip, that was not at all the case.

"I love Jack, he's like my brother, I couldn't see him any other way. As for him, it's the same way. We've known each other for awhile now and we just look out for each other." He nodded his head but i knew he didn't believe me.

"I know Jack though. Not to be rude or anything, but I've been in his life for the past eight years. I think I know how he acts, now a days to a girl he likes." He smirked.

"Alex.." I started, but to be cut off.

"Listen, Jack likes you, I know it. Give him a chance. He's a nice guy." I gave him a small smile.

If only you knew Alexander Gaskarth, if only you knew.

~

"Goodnight." I said softly.

"Goodnight." Alex smiled at me. I shut my hotel room door and waited for Alex's to shut. Once it did I threw off my hoodie and jumped on my bed. I jumped as I reached into my shorts as my phone vibrated.

"Hey are you ok? :)" It was from Jack.

I sighed. Everything Alex had said was beginning to get to me.

"Yes, got some ice-cream with Alex earlier. About to go to bed now. Yourself?"

"How'd that go? He doesn't know does he?"

I wasn't sure if i'd ever tell Alex the truth. Sometimes it's best to keep to yourself.

"It was, okay. He talks about 'Ember' a lot. I can't take that. I'm lying to everyone's face, Jack."

":( I know, do you want me to come back right now? I will leave right now if you want me too."

I tensed up. Why was he being so concerning?

"No, Jack. I'll be fine. I'm a big girl. I'm going to get some sleep now."

"Okay. Sleep tight. Love you :)"

For some reason seeing Jack say that made me sad.

I couldn't find the reason why either.

"Night." I stared at the text. I hit send. I felt like a bitch.

I couldn't make myself say it back though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry took so long to reply. :( love me still?