Status: Finished.

You've Never Looked Better, And I've Never Looked Worse

Cut The Strings

My eyes blinked open, slowly. The light blinded and snapped back shut. I pushed my upper half of my body up, not knowing where I was. I hear a monitor beeping. My eyes snapped back open, taking a look at my surroundings. No, please no. I saw a girl walk in and smile.

"How are you feeling Bree?" She asked sympathetically.

"Uh good, just sore." I responded. She continued to smile.

"Some people are out in the hall waiting for you to wake up, shall I let them in?" She questioned. I looked at her puzzled.

"Sure." She nodded and walked out. I looked down at the IV in my arm pumping fluids into me. Two boys walked into the room, my eyes instantly grew two sizes.

"Jack, Rian what are you guys doing here?!" I asked frantic.

"Bree how are you feeling?" Jack asked, rushing to my side.

"Sore is all. What are you doing here?" I asks again, hoping to get an answer.

He sighed. "I went to your house, to ask you one last time if you wanted to come, I knocked but then there was no answer and then I heard a scream and broke in the door. Bree you almost died. Were you trying to, take your life?" He asked, lowering his voice. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Jack what?" My voice getting higher.

"You were almost unconscious in the bathtub, and all these bruises.." He tucked my hair behind my ear.

"My boyfriend abuses me, he was trying to kill me Jack!" Rian's head snapped over to us.

"What?" He asked in disbelief.

"You didn't see him?!" I asked. He shook his head.

"No one was at your house." He said alarmed.

"Tall, brown hair, red shirt?" Rian asked. Both our attention snapped to him.

"Yes!"

"I saw him running down the street when I was in the car!" He yelled. I squeezed my eyes shut. Tears at the brim.

"Shh, Bree it's going to be okay." Jack said cradling me in his arms.

"He tried to kill me and he just got away with it." I screamed. It wasn't a good idea to talk loudly about this with all the doctors walking around.

"We'll report him to the police, they'll find him." Rian assured me.

"No, I don't want anything to do with him." I shook my head. "I just want to go home." I sniffled, holding back tears.

"That's the last place you need to be, he could come back at anytime!" said Jack. I sighed. "You're coming on tour with us. You'll be safe." I went to protest but I was cut off. "Please, you can't just let someone beat up on you. You need to be somewhere safe!" Jack yelled. I knew he was only trying to keep me safe.

I nodded. I knew it would be the best option.

___

"Go lay down in my bunk, bottom left." Jack told me as we entered the bus. "I'm going to go talk to the rest of the boys." I nodded, dragging my bag full of clothes down the hall with me. I climbed into the bunk and fell asleep.

Jack's POV

"Dude, she just let her boyfriend beat her?" Zack asked as we sat around the couch, Ember still sleeping.

I shrugged. " I guess, but who would want that. Why wouldn't you just leave?" I sighed.

"Fear maybe?" Alex answered.

"Maybe, but I mean what would have happened if I didn't go to her house? She would be.." I trailed off, I didn't want to say it. It got quiet and we felt the bus stop. He arrived at the hotel in LA.

"Alex i'm going to get mine and Bree's bag, will you wake her?" He nodded and went in the back to wake her up. It was about three in the morning by now, and I was exhausted.

Ember's POV

I woke up with Alex staring at me. It scared it. Even emotionally.

"Hey, we're at the hotel. The boys went to bring the bags in the rooms." I nodded and got up from the bed, slipping my shoes on and following Alex out of the bus. "So I heard about what happened. I just want you to know you can come to any of us for help. Anything." He assured me. I nodded.

"Thank you Alex."

"Just one question." He asked me, standing outside of the hotel doors. "Why didn't you leave, get out, why'd you stay?" I sighed.

"I don't know. I really don't. I told myself everyday that I'd leave. I was just scared. Scared to what he'd do. When you're 5'3 to a 6'3 man, it's scary. Especially when you know what he can do to you. What he's capable of. I had no where else to go. You choose one thing when you know you can have better." I shrugged.

"You choose one thing when you know you can have better." He repeated. I gave him an odd look. He chuckled. "I feel like that's been my motto for a year now."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I chose my wife over a better, amazing all around perfect girl." I tensed up. No, don't be happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update cause I love you guys :)

Comment <3