Sequel: Wonderwall
Status: Fin.

Wallflower

i was dancing with the devil

The house was jam packed with teenagers; all drinking, dancing partying, and enjoying themselves. It was the typical high school party with girls in shorts and shirts small enough to be their little sisters' and guys horny enough to have sex with the closest girl to them. Everyone was celebrating, what Nicolette didn't know, in someones house. Nicolette didn't know a person in the room and she really didn't mind. No one noticed her in the corner, smoking her cigarette and taking sips at her beer, with a whole six-pack next to her.

Nicolette was never a party girl. If anything, she'd rather be at home, finishing the essay that was due in her History class while singing along to the Police. But of course when your friends with the party girl of your grade; you really shouldn't expect to stay in on a Saturday night. Nicolette really didn't really know how Joan and her had become friends. They weren't close, and didn't tell each other everything that happened in their lives; if anything, Joan used Nicolette as an excuse for her parents to let her out the house. But Nicolette was O.K. with that; as long as Joan gave her a ride to school everyday and bought her cigarettes when she needed them.

So when Joan had called up Nicolette saying she was coming over to study for their Science test on Monday; Nicolette knew they were going out to a party, for two reasons. One, because Joan never studies for tests. She does well in school and Nicolette never kew how when she was always out partying. For two, Joan never came over Nicolette's house. If only one time when Joan was 'sleeping over' Nicolette's house when she was really going to party with her, now ex-boyfriend, Chad.

But back to now, as Nicolette sat sucking on her cancer stick and taking sips from her beer, she was oblivious to the blue-eyes watching her from across the room. Nicolette looked up then, feeling the eyes watching her, and looked around. She turned her head, left, right, and then looked straight to find a boy watching her from his spot on a bar stool. Their eyes caught and a smile lit his face as he patted the seat next to him.

Nicolette raised her eyebrow at the boy, as if to say 'really?' and he nodded his head, continuing to pat the seat. She continued to stare at him, not knowing who he was. She'd never seen him around school or anything, so why'd he want her to sit with him. She shook her head, throwing her head back to stare at the ceiling above her as she continued to smoke her cigarette. She'd learned how to drown out the music and people all around her back in tenth grade when Joan had started to drag her to these parties.

So when the mysterious blue-eyed boy had walked over to where she sat and took a seat next to her; she didn't notice. But when she felt someone tugging at her beer bottle, her head snapped in his direction, her eyes narrowed. He smiled at her in greeting and took the beer from her; taking a sip. She pulled the beer from his grasp and mumbled, "get your own damn beer."

He let out a loud hoot of laughter and then said, "Love, that is my beer. This is my party and my house anyway, so that is my beer." He said this motioning toward the house and then her case of beer. She squinted her eyes in his direction, still not registering who he is.

"And you would be..?" She started, while grabbing a beer for him to take from the six-pack.

He nodded his head in thanks, while popping open the beer and taking a swig. "Im Sam, Sam McTrusty. Who would you be gorgeous?" He said with a smirk playing on his lips. Nicolette rolled her eyes, looking away from him. Sure, he was attractive and everything but really; he barely knew her name and he was already hitting on her. That's partially why she hated going to these parties; the guys would hit on anything with a vagina and a nice ass.

She rolled her head in his direction, taking a drag from her cigarette and blowing the smoke out in his face before putting it out on her boot. "Call me Jane, Jane Doe." She rolled her head away from him, staring at the party as she groped around in her pocket for another cigarette, Sam already forgotten. Nicolette's eyebrows furrowed in confusion of where her cigarettes had gone when she saw a pack and a lighter in front of her face. She followed the arm to see Sam sitting there watching her with a smile.

Nicolette nodded her head in thanks before grabbing a cigarette, throwing it in-between her lips, and flicking the lighter. When she finally lit the cigarette, she sighed, passing Sam back his lighter and box, and then patting him on the shoulder. They sat in silence for awhile, just watching everyone around them party and have a good time. Suddenly something made Nicolette wondered about Sam. She sat for a few more moments in silence before she blurted to him, "If this is your party, then why are you sitting with me?"

He shrugged, "This isn't really my party. Sure its my booze and my house, but its my friend Barry who's throwing the actual party. Besides, you looked like you were lonely, so i decided to join you."

An unladylike snort slipped passed Nicolette's lips as she looked at Sam. "I'm perfectly fine being by myself, thank you; and do you always let your friends have parties in your house and drink all your booze? If I were you, I'd tell them to fuck off."

Sam let out another loud laugh at the girls' bluntness and smirked over at her. "And that my dear Jane," his smirk seemed to get bigger, "is the difference between me and you."

Nicolette stared at Sam, an actual smile threatening to grace itself on her pink lips. Sam stared back, thinking he'd gotten somewhere with the girl. Then suddenly, a short girl in nothing but a small crop shirt and short shorts stumbled over to them, giggling the whole way with a boy trying to support the drunk girl while also trying to get a look down her shirt.

Nicolette rolled her eyes, waiting for what Joan was going to say while Sam stared at the girl, a small grimace on his face. Joan looked at the two of the sitting next to each other before winking at Nicolette; who rolled her eyes again.

"What're you doing Jo?" Nicolette asked, while trying to fix the girls' shirt.

Joan swatted at Nicolette's hands as she gestured toward the boy next to her. "This is my friend Anthony, we're going back to his place okay? So, you don't have to like drive me home, Anthony'll take me 'kay?" She slurred, before her hazy eyes turned to Sam again. "And who is this fine piece of ass?"

Nicolette sighed, "That's Sam, but are you sure you're gonna be okay Jo?" Nicolette didn't trust this Anthony guy for one second, and she didn't really want to leave Joan with him, considering how drunk she was.

She waved her hand saying something along the lines of, "ill be fine mom," with a giggle before Anthony pulled her in the direction of the door. Nicolette sighed again, rubbing her eyes and looked over at Sam. He looked back at her, a look of sympathy on his face. Nicolette's face hardened, not wanting his pity when she heard someone shout, "beer pong!"

Nicolette got up, tired of being at the party since Joan had left anyway when she saw Sam get up too. "You wanna get out of here?"

She looked up at him, since she was a couple inches shorter than him. She didn't understand this guy Sam; why was he being so nice to her? Why was he paying attention to her? Sure, she'd been at a whole bunch of other parties, and people had tried to talk to her, but had given up due to her rudeness. But Sam didn't have any sigh of giving up or leaving her alone. So she shrugged, which made Sam smile at her. He grabbed her hand and quickly pulled then through the party, looking back every so often to see if the girl was still there.

They'd finally gotten out the house, and were both taking fresh breaths of air as they walked towards Nicolette's car. As she unlocked the doors and hopped in, she looked back at the house and then at Sam. "Are you sure you want to leave all those fuckers in your house?"

Sam chuckled and said, "No, its fine. My friends know if they fuck up my house, Ill rip off their bullocks."

Nicolette nodded her head, smirking as she started the car. "Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Where the fuck are we going?"

"Just start driving and we'll find out!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Nicolette

kay hay guys ! I haven't written a story in a longgg time so i just wanted to start getting some stories out there since i have like nothing to do this summer ! & since i can't go to warped i thought i'd make a story about sam mctrusty of twin atlantic. i recently fell in love with this band and i saw that not a lot of people have stories about him so i thought what the hell

so leave comments, recs, and such and ye ! this story is gonna be three parts, this is nicolette's kinda version, then sam's version which i've already written up and then another third part about .. I'm not entirely sure yet but ye ^___^

so im gonna go enjoy some fireworks before its over and ye. Happy fourth of july everyone !