Sequel: Wonderwall
Status: Fin.

Wallflower

i was singing dirty songs

"Hey Sam, great party!"

Sam gave a short wave to the guy, smiling, and saying "thanks man," before the guy walked off. Sam ran a hand down his face, not even knowing who the guy was, and tired of all the parties. This was the third one this week and it was getting boring. There were always the same slut girls and horny guys drinking his beer and fucking up his house. He got up from the bar stool he was sitting at to go get a beer from the fridge. When he couldn't find one, he looked to the couple making out next to him on the counter. There was an unopened beer next to them and he smoothly walked by, grabbing the bottle in the process.

He went back to his seat, taking a sip from the bottle as he took a look around the party. The loud music kept people on their feet, dancing, while others made out in corners of the room or on the couch. There were only a few groups of people just talking, and most of the people looked really shit-faced. He shook his head, putting his beer on the counter behind him. He took another glance around the room before he saw a girl siting in a corner of the room; seeming to be in her own little world with a cigarette between her lips and a beer in her hand as she looked around the room.

He continued to stare at her, not being able to place a name to the attractive girl. Her hair was curly and framed her face as a beanie was lazily placed on her head. She wore a simple shirt and shorts with black boots gracing her feet. The girl blew out the smoke from her cigarette and quickly took a sip of her beer after. She continued to look around at the party, oblivious to his eyes on her; before she started looking around for something. When she looked in his direction, their eyes caught and he gave her a smile. Before Sam could comprehend what he was doing, he patted the seat next to him in welcoming.

The girl raised her eyebrow in question and he nodded his head, encouraging her to come over. She shook her head, throwing it back and looking at the ceiling above her. Again, before Sam knew what he was doing, his long legs were carrying him to where the girl sat in the corner of the room. He didn't know what it was, but this strange girl intrigued him. He wanted to know more about the girl and he wondered why such a pretty girl like her was all alone.

As he plopped down he saw the beer in her hand and grabbed for it, seeing he forgot his back at his seat. The girls' head snapped in his direction, eyes narrowed, just realizing he was there. He got the beer from her hands and took a sip. She grabbed for the beer before it had barely left his lips and mumbled, "get your own damn beer."

Sam let out a loud laugh and said, "Love, that is my beer. This is my party and my house anyway, so that is my beer." He motioned toward the house and the case of beer he saw sitting next to her. She squinted her eyes in his direction, her whole face scrunching up like she was looking for something.

She grabbed for a beer in the case as she said, "And you would be..?"

He took the beer she handed to him and nodded in thanks as he opened the beer and took a swig. "Im Sam, Sam McTrusty. Who would you be gorgeous?" He said, feeling the beers in him giving him some liquid confidence. She rolled her eyes, seeming to not like the company he was giving her. His eyebrows got slightly furrowed at this thought. Did she not want anyone to talk to her? What was wrong with her? Did she have some anti-social disease?

The girl turned her head back in his direction as she took a drag from her cigarette before blowing the smoke in Sam's face; then continued to put it out her on boot. She did all this silently before she finally said, almost mockingly, "Call me Jane, Jane Doe." She turned her head away from Sam, patting at her pockets with her eyebrows furrowed as she looked for something. It occurred to Sam what she may be looking for as he pulled out his own cigarette pack and lighter. He put them in the palm of his hand and placed his hand in front of Nicolette's face.

She looked up seeing the items in his hand, and then looking up his arm to find him looking at her with a goofy smile on his lips. She nodded her head, grabbed a cigarette, put it in-between her lips and flicked the lighter, waiting for the cigarette to light. She sighed when the cigarette lit and patted him on the shoulder, in a way as if to say thanks. They then sit in a comfortable silence, the both of them drinking from their beers and looking around at the people dancing among themselves. Sam snuck glances at Nicolette as she sat there seeming to be in deep thought. He looked at the party again, seeing some of his friends and nodding in acknowledgement.

"If this if your party, then why are you sitting with me?" Nicolette blurted as she slightly turned her body to look at Sam.

He shrugged in response, "This isn't really my party. Sure its my booze and my house but it's my friend Barry who's throwing the actual party. Besides, you looked like you were lonely, so I decided to join you.

A snort came from Nicolette that made Sam smile. Most girls wouldn't dare to snort in front of a guy, but Nicolette didn't seem to mind. Besides, the way that Sam was seeing it, Nicolette didn't seem to be most girls. "I'm perfectly fine being by myself, thank you," she said with a small smile. "And do you always let your friends have parties in your house and drink all your booze? If i were you, I'd tell them to fuck off."

Sam let out a loud laugh, loving how blunt the girl was and he smirked her way. "And that my dear Jane," He said, knowing the girls' name wasn't Jane, which made his smirk grow even wider, if possible," Is the difference between me and you."

Nicolette stared at Sam, a small smile threatening to appear on her full pink lips. Sam smiled back at the girl, feeling that the girl was actually letting him in quite a bit. When suddenly something caught Nicolette's attention and Sam turned his head the same direction. He saw a short girl in only a small shirt and short shorts stumbling along with a guy who was trying to peek inside her shirt while also trying to keep her standing.

The girl was giggling as she stumbled along with the boy, finding something funny, or it was just she was that drunk. Sam looked over at Nicolette to see her rolling her eyes as Sam looked back at the girl. She was the kind of girl that Sam would take home for a night but sitting next to Nicolette he didn't feel like taking any girl with him home. He actually felt kinda bad for the girl, and a grimace came to his face at the thought. This girl was shit-faced with her make-up smudged and everything, and yet she still tried to act as if everything was good and she looked amazing.

The girl must have done something because Nicolette rolled her eyes and said, "What're you doing Jo?" As Nicolette said this she tried to fix the girls shirt so as it wouldn't fall off her thin shoulders. The girl swatted Nicolette's hands with a flash of annoyance going across her face before she gestured to the boy next her.

"This is my friend Anthony, we're going back to his place okay? So, you don't have to like drive me home, Anthony'll take me 'kay?" She slurred as her hazy eyes stared at Nicolette before turning to Sam. Her eyes became filled with lust as she looked him up and down, "And who is this fine piece of ass?" Sam looked away from her, not wanting to meet her eyes. He knew who this was now, it was Joan Nicklsen, the twelfth grades' best party girl. He felt bad seeing her like this, but even worse for Nicolette who had to take care of the smashed girl.

Nicolette sighed, "That's Sam, but are you gonna be okay Jo?" Nicolette kept sending glares in the Anthony guys' direction and Sam got the feeling that Nicolette didn't like him. But Sam wouldn't trust one of his close friends with another person he didn't know if they were shit-faced too.

The girl, Jo, waved her hand, mumbling something along the lines of, "ill be fine mom," before she giggled, being pulled away toward the door by Anthony. Sam looked over at Nicolette with a look of sympathy and when Nicolette caught sight of it; her face seemed to harden as her jam became clenched. He quickly looked away, but not before he heard someone yell, "beer pong!"

Nicolette stood up, and was headed for the door when Sam grabbed her hand moving to speak into her ear. "You wanna get out of here?"

She looked up at him, since she was a couple inches shorter than him. Her face scrunched up into that adorable look from before and Sam suddenly had the strange urgency to kiss her. He continued to stare at her until she nodded her head which made a bright smile break out on his face. He grabbed for her hand and headed for the door. There were a lot of people and he looked back a couple times to make sure it was her he was holding onto. When they'd reached the front door, they both took deep breaths of fresh air.

Nicolette let go of Sam's hand as soon as they were outside and headed for a car that Sam thought was hers. She unlocked the doors and she climbed into the drivers side as he got into the passengers side. She glanced at the house and then at Sam. "Are you sure you want to leave all those fuckers in your house?"

He chuckled at her concern and said,"No, its fine. My friends know if they fuck up my house, I'll rip off their bullocks."

Nicolette nodded her head, smirking as she started the car. The radio started to play lowly when Nicolette spoke up.

"Hey Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Where the fuck are we going?"

"Just start driving and we'll find out!"

Nicolette let out a loud laugh, as she pulled away from the curb. They went a few blocks away when Sam started to direct her to the way of the closest coffee shop. The radio was still on low when Nicolette's hand suddenly shot out and turned the volume up.

"Listen!" Nicolette sang as she pointed at Sam. He laughed and listened to her sing. "Red light, yellow light, green-a-light go! Crazy little woman in a one man show, mirror queen, mannequin, rhythm of love. Sweet dream, saccharine, loosen up!"

She hummed and sang some parts after her little outburst and Sam was in hysterics in his seat. Nicolette glanced over at him as she punched him in the arm. "The fuck is so funny? That song is a classic."

Sam wiped at his eyes, looking over at Nicolette. "I just didn't take you as a Def Leppard fan. You seem too," He looked away, trying to find the word. "too reserved to listen to that. Thats the word." He patted himself on the back for finding the word. "I'd thought you'd listen to like Foster the People or Florence and the Machine or some shit like that."

"Aye!" She said as she abruptly stopped the car, good thing for them no one was behind them since it was 3 in the morning. She pointed at him. "There is nothing wrong with Foster the People or Florence and the Machine; Florence and the Machine has some pretty fucking awesome songs for your information. They may not be like Def Leppard or Joan Jett but they're pretty good."

Sam threw up his hands in defense and let a chuckle slip passed his lips, "I was just saying! You don't seem like a person who would listen to Joan Jett and such."

"Well, shit Sam. What the fuck do i look like i listen to?"

"Well, I took you as a girl to listen to Beethoven and Mozart; because you are too sophisticated for words in a song." He said in all seriousness as he looked over at the girl.

She let out a loud laugh at his words. "Shit, Sam. Do I really come off as that kind of fucked up person?"

"Not fucked up, just different."

They both glanced at each other and a small smile crept onto their faces as they looked away. Nicolette concentrated back on the road and Sam got stuck in his thoughts. What was this girl doing to him? He wasn't used to just saying what he thought, he usually thought it over to sugar-coat everything he said. But with Nicolette, he didn't feel like he had to do that. He continued to stare at her; although his eyes were unseeing as he kept thinking.

"Sam!"

Sam's eyes blinked a few times before he looked at Nicolette; a smirk on her lips.

"You know, staring isn't polite. But I know with a girl such as gorgeous as me, you just couldn't keep your eyes off me."

Sam opened his mouth then closed it. "I wasn't staring!" He finally decide to say; but they both knew he was. "There was something on your—."

"There was nothing on my fucking face Samuel, your just obsessed with me. Now where the fuck do I go?"

He groaned and mumbled out,"Turn right at the light."
♠ ♠ ♠
ok; hey guys ! i finished the whole three parts of this story and was going to wait till tomorrow to put it up; but i just couldn't wait ! so here it is ! i'll probably put up the next and last chapter tomorrow or the day after that since my friend is coming over; so probably the day after !

but check out my other story I'm gonna start working on called Don't Believe A Word its probably gonna be short like this but I'm not sure. so comment, rec or whatever on this story and Dont Believe A Word for inspiration and motivation to start writing sooner; so ye.

thanks guys ! leave me something to see as i wait for awkward and snooki && jwow to come on lol.