Sequel: Wonderwall
Status: Fin.

Wallflower

pulling whiskey from the bottle

Nicolette sat at a table to the back of the small coffee shop, looking around at all the paintings and records hung on the walls. She'd never been here before and she was kind of glad Sam brought her here, it was her kind of place. Just then Sam walked back over with two mugs in his hand as he also juggled to hold creamer, sugar, and milk. He set everything down on the table and proceeded to plop down in the seat across from her with a smile on his lips.

He pushed a mug toward her and said, "I didn't know what you liked in your coffee, so I brought everything."

She laughed and mumbled, "thanks," before putting some milk, and creamer in. Then she grabbed the container of sugar and continued to pour for what seemed like five minutes to Sam. He couldn't believe she was putting so much sugar in her coffee, he only ever put a little bit of sugar and milk in his tea. She stopped pouring and continued to stir her coffee as if she hadn't just put in at least a gallon of sugar.

She brought the mug to her lips and took a sip, before glancing up to see Sam staring at her with wide eyes. She snorted, putting down her mug, "What?

"Nothing, your just gonna' get diabetes is all."

"Why the fuck would I get diabetes?"

"Was I the only one who just saw you put about the whole container of sugar in you coffee?"

She shrugged, grabbing for her mug again. "I have a sweet tooth, fuck up."

He let out a laugh as he put sugar in milk into his own drink. His took a sip and sighed loudly; as Nicolette rolled her eyes at him.

"So," Sam began, folding his hands in front of him, "You gonna tell me your real name?"

Nicolette continued to sip on her drink for a few more moments before she set it down and leaned back in her chair. "I'm Nicolette, Nicolette Murray."

Sam thought it over, and looked back at Nicolette. "It fits you. Nice to meet you Nicolette Murray." He said, liking the way her name rolled off his tongue as he put his hand out.

She laughed, putting her small hand in his and shook their hands gently. "Nice to meet you Sam McTrusty."

His smile widened, happy she'd remembered his name. They continued to talk, as Nicolette opened up to Sam a bit more but it was mostly Sam talking about himself and his band, Twin Atlantic as he made jokes to make the small girl laugh. Which worked in the end as she was hysterically laughing at almost every joke; sometimes retorting back with her own snide comments which in turn made Sam laugh.

They'd sat there for awhile, although it felt like only a few minutes, it was really two hours of them talking. Nicolette didn't even notice the long time span as she was having a better time now than she'd had in awhile. She didn't want them to stop talking, but as the sun started to rise, identical frowns were prominent on their faces. They continued to talk though, trying to ignore the yearning to go back to the real world.

By the time it was six o'clock, they both knew it was time for them to part. New customers were coming and it was time for Nicolette to go to work soon; as she told Sam this he nodded and they started to clean the table they'd vacated. They waved goodbye to the owner, a small women in her forties before they were out by Nicolette's car.

"Well," Sam said, "I guess this is goodbye."

Nicolette nodded her head mutely, as she clicked to unlock her door. She was halfway in her car when Sam told her to hold on.

"Can I have your number?"

"Nope."

He looked at her with wide eyes, shocked that she'd said no. She looked back at his face as she got in the car. She rolled down the window on his side and waved for him to come close to window. He leaned down and she looked at him with her hazel eyes.

"If we meet again, I'll give you my number. If not, then its a sign we shouldn't be friends."

Sam snorted, leaning against the car. "You really believe that?"

"Yup. See you later." She drove off, making Sam stumble back. He threw up his finger at her and laughed in spite. He saw her slow down at the corner and thought she was going to get out; but she only threw her own finger out the window and slowly turned the corner before speeding off again.

Sam smiled and threw his hands in his pocket, Nicolette on his mind, and not even caring he had to walk all the way back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
hay guys ! so heres the last chapter of this three-shot i did :] hope y'all who are reading liked it and maybe will comment ? my only commenter has been MayaAngelou0524 and i thank her very very much for her comments !

so anyway; i didnt really like the ending, thought i might make another 4th part but idk so yeah. hope everyone liked it and if you havent; check out my other story im working on called Dont Believe a Word starring Austin Gibbs and an original character so ye. Im shamelessly promoting my stories ok.

kay; thats about it. laters !