Kaleidoscope Eyes

Kaleidoscope Eyes: Cameron Quiseng One Shot

“Excuse me sir, you dropped this!” An angelic voice says behind me. I turn around and see the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. I stare at her for a moment then realized that she is holding my wallet. I take it from her grasp. “Uhh....thanks, I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name.” She bits her lip then responds. “Paige” She extends her hand. I shake it. “Cameron” Paige smiles. “It was nice to meet you, Cameron.” “You too, Paige.” On that note she turns and starts to walk away. I quickly realize that if I don’t act now then I will never see her again. “Paige wait!” I yell and she immediately stops and turns around. I jog up to her. “Hey I was wondering if you wanted to do something sometime?” I ask nervously. A smile forms on her face. “I’d love to.” She gives me her number and I promise to call her soon. I walk out of Target with a huge smile on my face. “Why are you so smiley?” Zach asks when I get back on the bus. “I got a girl’s number.” I say, holding up my phone. “Nice one Cam Cam.” Mikey interjects from the couch. Zach gives me a high-five then goes over to the fridge and gets water. “So when are you going to call her?” He asks between sips of water. “I was thinking tonight.” Zach nods and I start to yawn. “I’m going to go take a nap.” I walk over to my bunk and crawl in. And soon enough, I drifted off to sleep.
I was walking along the beach with Paige, hand in hand. After walking for a while she stopped. I turned to her and she smiled up at me. I moved the stray piece of black hair that was in her face and continued staring into her vibrant kaleidoscope eyes. They are a mixture of beautiful colors. I easily get lost in them. “Your eyes look so green right now!” She exclaimed. “We’ll your eyes are sparkling brightly under the stars.” I laughed and pulled her in for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around her and she ran her fingers through my chocolate brown hair. Once she pulled away I smiled and rested my forehead against her forehead. “I love you so much Cameron.” She whispered. “I love you too Paige.” We back away from each other, but not too far. I sat down on the sand and she sat down on my lap. I put my arms around her and looked up at the starry sky. The sky was a deep navy blue with many florescent silver stars glowing brightly. Above me I could clearly see the Big Dipper. Then Paige snapped me out of my daydream. “I can’t believe you leave for tour tomorrow.” She said solemnly. “I know, I can’t believe it either.” She turned her head and stared into my eyes. “I’ll miss you so much!” I could see tears forming in her eyes. I kissed her nose. “I’ll miss you too. It will be agony without you.” I tucked the stubborn stray piece of hair behind her ear. “How will I know that you won’t fall in love with another girl?” Paige asked with an innocent face. “You don’t have to worry about that. As long as that star in shining brightly,” I pointed to the North star, “I will still love you.” I kissed her again and then we went back to staring out at the ocean. The waves quietly came in, then went back out. You could see a small light in the horizon from the lighthouse at the harbor. Another way came in and almost touched our feet but then scurried back to the ocean. “I’ve always wanted to see what’s out there.” Paige said quietly. I pulled her close to my body that I could feel her heart beat. “Well one day baby, we’ll buy a boat and aimlessly sail out in the ocean, just you and me. We can explore the world and have as many adventures as you want.” She turned her head and kissed my jaw. “I’d love that Cameron.”
“Cameron!” A voice that sounded like Mikey woke me up. I opened my eyes. It was Mikey. “Bro it’s 8 ‘o’clock! “ I rubbed my eyes. “Wow I took a 4 hour nap.” I hopped out of my bunk and sat down on the couch. I pulled out my phone and searched for Paige’s number. “Gonna call her?” Zach asked. “Yeah, I have a good feeling about it.” I said confidently.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this about a year ago when I went through my Allstar Weekend phase... I hope you like it and I apologize for any grammatical errors - I'm too lazy to re-read and fix them.
Creds to Panic! At The Disco for the title!