Status: In process, rating because of graphic language and content

Darkness Within Light

Prologue - Shadows and Saviors

***REVISED EDITION: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8337350/1/ ***
I awoke to that persistent beeping of a heart monitor. I opened my eyes to my father, my mother, and Holly right next to me. I felt a searing pain down my back and in my gut.
What happened?

I was in a hospital ICU in west Texas. The doctors said I had a heart attack, and were convinced I had overdosed on Meth… which honestly was not my drug of choice at all. I shook my head and tried to recount the past 48 hours.

At first I don’t remember anything, but then foggy memories begin to drift into my consciousness. The face, the pain, the shadow…

I had told this thing to go away, and the next thing I knew I was twenty feet across the room, slammed up against the wall with the strangest and scariest feelings coursing through my body, from almost a sexual invasion to a violent shredding of my insides.

My mother looked like she had been crying for years, and my dad looked like he was ready to punch someone. Even Holly was pissed. I squeezed Mom’s hand. I hadn’t seen my parents for two years until this point.

Hell of a reunion. Literally.

I saw a dark shadow was in the corner of the hospital room. Somehow I knew it was what had attacked me.

And I could swear it was laughing.

…Do you really think that your Jesus will save you?...

He can, and he will… but even if he doesn’t, you’re still no match for him, I thought. I heard it snarl and it vanished.

I wrapped my arms around my father’s neck. “Daddy, It’s over. I’m done, I can’t do this anymore. I’m coming home.”

I felt the giant man collapse and he and my mother held me like they would never let me go.

We wept.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short. Things will pick up, baby birds :)

***REVISED EDITION: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8337350/1/ ***