Status: Active

The Gambler

Chapter Eight

Harry stood in the large club and looked around, completely amazed at what he saw in front of him. Louis and Zayn had called Simon Cowell for help in planning a surprise party for Elle’s birthday and Simon had gone above and beyond their expectations. Harry had been surprised to learn that Simon had met Elle countless times before and he was more than willing to help. Five days after their Venice Beach adventure, Simon had called the biggest and best party planners to transform a large club into a completely Arabian Nights themed party.

The party was to happen later tonight and according to Louis, everyone who Elle had ever come in contact with was supposed to be coming. Harry had no idea how they managed to contact everyone, but he was excited to see the blonde girl that had found a spot in his heart. She had been incredibly busy over the past few days, but from word of her two best friends who were flying out to be here, he knew that she had today off. Louis stole his phone in the morning much to Harry’s disdain, claiming it would make the surprise even better. Harry merely thought that it would result in her being pissed off at him, but he was hoping Louis was right.

“Fuckin’ hell,” Niall breathed from beside him as he looked around, “This place is brilliant.”

Harry nodded and let his eyes skim over the place once more, “Have you talked to her today?”

“Just wished her happy birthday then she asked me about you.” Niall said before flopping down on one of the chaises.

Harry’s head snapped towards him, “What did she say?”

Niall laughed at Harry’s response, “She said you weren’t responding to her texts, so I told her that Louis was hiding it from you as a joke. She hasn’t a clue what’s happening, don’t worry.”

Harry didn’t really care if she found out about the party, he just wanted to make sure she wasn’t mad at him. Before he could ask Niall to text her again, Liam was calling him over to go over the playlist for the night. The planners had hired a DJ, but Harry insisted they include some of her favorite songs to personalize the night.

Hours later, Harry and the boys were back at their hotel getting ready for the party when Louis finally gave him his phone back. Harry immediately checked his messages and let out a sigh of relief as he read the latest message from Elle.

Niall tells me Louis’ stolen your phone. How very unfortunate. Whenever you see this, call me! Come hangout with the birthday girl!

Harry opted not to reply and instead looked over his outfit in the mirror. He was donning a black button up shirt, black chinos and a pair of black dress shoes. His hair, tousled to perfection thanks to Lou and the signature paper plane necklace around his neck. He looked over to where the other boys were, each of them wearing similar outfits to his, with variation in design and colour of shirts and Louis was wearing converse on his feet rather than dress shoes.

“Ready?” Paul called out from the door and Harry looked over at the man. Lou and Crystabel stood behind him, as Harry had insisted they come as well. Partly because he wanted them to meet Elle, but also because they deserved to have a night out. They all followed Paul out of the room and down to the lobby where they were greeted by fans as usual. They stopped to take pictures and talk to a few of them when Harry was approached by three girls.

“Hey Harry, how’s Elle?” One of the girls asked as he began to sign the CD booklet.

Harry smiled lightly and answered nonchalantly, “Ok, I think. You girls coming to any of the shows this tour?”

He was eager to take the focus off of Elle as he knew that anything he said or did could be misconstrued online. The girls answered yes and Harry was about to leave into the vehicle when one of the other girls called out, “Just so you know, we ship Ellarry!”

“Ellarry?” Harry asked in confusion.

The girls giggled for a moment before the third one finally spoke, “It’s yours and Elle’s couple name. We think you’d be cute together.”

Harry smiled before he waved goodbye and hopped into the awaiting SUV. The rest of the boys were already inside waiting for him. Paul closed the door before hopping in the passenger seat and they were off, headed towards the club.

“Ellarry has a nice ring to it, I’d say.” Louis said with a cocky grin.

Harry just shook his head with a grin on his own face and mumbled, “Shut up.”

The boys continued to tease him as they drove, Harry opting to ignore them and instead composing a new tweet.

Harry_Styles Happy birthday @elle_peters1, hope it’s been lovely.

“We’re here. Quickly now boys, no one knows you’re here yet.” Paul said in a rush before jumping out of the car and pulling open the right back door.

Each boy hopped out and darted towards the club, the music was already pumping loudly onto the street. When they reached the inside, Harry took in the scene again and was once again taken aback by just how amazing everything looked. There were even belly dancers standing on podiums throughout the dancefloor, fire breathers on a large stage.

“I still think it would have been cool to have monkeys.” Zayn muttered from beside him and Harry let out a loud laugh at the memory.

There were hundreds of people inside, most of whom Harry had never seen in his life, though he did catch a glimpse of some celebrities. Most were his age, some a bit younger and surprisingly, there were a few actors who were older. The most shocking, Harry had to admit, was Leonardo DiCaprio who sat in a booth with a beautiful woman by his side and some men similar to his age.

“10 MINUTES UNTIL THE BIRTHDAY GIRL ARRIVES, WE’RE CUTTING THE MUSIC!” A loud voice came over the speaker as the music faded.

Harry felt his pulse increase as he realized how close it was to her arrival. He followed Louis through to the stage where they quickly jumped onto it and conversed with the DJ. Simon stood on the other side of the DJ sipping a wine flute that Harry couldn’t help but laugh at. He became wrapped up in a conversation with Liam about his next car purchase and before he knew it, the DJ was speaking into the microphone again.

“Her car’s just pulled up, everyone silent please! Cut the lights!” He yelled over everyone.

The lights turned out and Harry listened intently as the hundreds of people remained silent. He was surprised that they had all obeyed so easily. His eyes were trained towards the only source of light now, the hallway that led from the front door to the club. He heard heels clacking on the floor and her voice echoing through the halls.

“Are you sure this is where Selena wanted to meet us? It doesn’t seem like anyone is he-”

Her voice was cut short by the lights being turned on and everyone yelling, “SURPRISE!”

Harry watched as her eyes went wide and she let out a tiny yell as she jumped away in shock. The crowd laughed and began to cheer her on as she put both of her hands to her face. Harry desperately wanted to push through the crowds and welcome her, but he stood rooted in spot and watched as others began to greet her.

“Elle, baby, this party is all for you thanks to these dudes on stage. Happy birthday!” The DJ said into the microphone. Elle’s eyes travelled forwards and Harry let a smile grace his face as he saw her take in the sight of he and the boys on stage. Her lips curved into a wide smiling revealing her pearly white teeth and if Harry’s lips could grow any wider, they would have.

They clambered off the stage then, the music turning back on as people began to mingle and dance a bit. Harry followed Zayn through the crowds, not really sure of where they were going until he looked up and realized they had walked over to the bar. They each ordered drinks, each opting for beers while Niall chose whiskey.

“Gotta start early, lads.” Niall cheered before taking a huge drink of the alcohol.

They made their way over to a vacant table and sat down for merely minutes before people were walking over to them and Harry tried to pretend to be interested in what they were saying, but his mind was completely focused on looking for Elle. He knew she would be preoccupied for most of the party, she had to talk to all of the guests of course. So instead, he resorted to joking around with the lads and whoever seemed to come their way.

He was in the middle of a conversation about Europe with two brunettes when he felt a pair of arms snake around his middle. Someone pressed against him and he stopped mid-sentence to peak around his shoulder. He saw the familiar blonde hair of Elle and he immediately turned in her arms and wrapped his around her.

She let out a bubbly laugh, “Did you guys really plan this?”

“Of course,” Harry replied and pulled away from the hug, “We had a little help from Simon, ok, a lot of help. But we thought of the idea.”

“It’s amazing!” She exclaimed before pulling Zayn into a hug.

Zayn rubbed her back lightly before he announced, “It would have been better if there was monkeys, but Simon made us work within a budget.”

Elle laughed and rolled her eyes at him, “You guys are insane. Thank you, so much, really.”

“We know you didn’t really want to have a party, but you’re turning 18! We couldn’t not do something.” Louis said with a grin before pulling Elle into a hug.

After hugs from Niall and Liam, Elle was soon being whisked away by her two friends to go talk to other people, despite Elle’s obvious hesitance. She had sent Harry a look before she left and leaned up to his ear, “Save me a dance?”

Without waiting for his answer, she was bounding away from him. Harry stared after her until she was out of his sight with a grin on his lips. He turned back to the boys to find them all staring at him with knowing looks on their faces.

“Shut up.” Harry said lamely before sitting back down beside Zayn.

Two hours had passed until he saw her again. She was noticeably more tipsy than she had been the first time he saw her, but as she began to walk past the table, he grabbed at her wrist jerking her back towards him. She let out a tiny yelp before landing lightly on his lap. Elle looked up at him with shock before a smile graced her lips when she realized who it was.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned against him heavily, “Harry! You’re still here!”

“Of course,” Harry laughed, “I promised you a dance.”

Elle pulled back from him and gave him a cute smile that made dimples in her cheeks stand out. Her nose crinkled up at him and he thought she had never looked so adorable before. Just as he was about to tell her that, she jumped out of his lap and held out her hands to him, “C’mon, it’s time to cut the cake!”

He placed his hands in hers and she began to walk away with him in tow. The other boys followed behind, pushing through the crowds and keeping in tow with Elle and Harry. They reached the stage and after Elle climbed onto it, she turned and held her hand out to Harry, inviting him up onto the stage.

“You guys, come up too!” She called out to the four boys who she considered some of her closest friends.

They clambered on after the pair and stood beside and behind her as a spotlight was turned onto the stage. Harry watched happily as a giant cake was wheeled out onto stage, the DJ leading the party guests in a loud singalong of “Happy Birthday”. Harry joined in, singing loudly, making Elle laugh from beside him. He was aware of the flashes that were going off, knowing that yet another rumor would be started tomorrow about he and Elle, but for now he didn’t care. He just wanted to take in every minute he had with this beautiful girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tonight, we are young
So let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun


This is the first part of the birthday extravaganza, the next part will be up later tonight. xx