I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 13

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 13

‘Great! That’s exactly what we need right now.’ I thought sarcastically. ‘Inuyasha will definitely be happy to see him.’ I slowly got to my feet. I felt that Lord Sesshomaru was like a wild animal in a respect, that if you startled him he would start to attack you.

The person in question paid me no mind and just stood there for a few seconds taking in the scene before him. Kagome was busy dodging Kagura’s attacks, Shippo was knocked out, and the others were battling Naraku. And they were losing. I didn’t know what Lord Sesshomaru was because his face was like a good poker players, it gave nothing away. That’s why it was surprising when he pulled out Tokijin and quickly dispatched Kagura. When I say “dispatched” I mean knocked out. But she was pretty bloodied up.

I turned to thank him for helping us but he was gone. He had rushed ahead and started to attack Naraku along with the others. Inuyasha of course didn’t want his help.

“Get the hell out of here Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha shouted while cutting another one of Naraku’s tentacles. “I will be the one to kill Naraku.”

“Then why don’t you make me little brother?” Lord Sesshomaru said calmly. ‘Here we go.’ I thought exasperated. ‘Why can’t they just get along?’

I hurried over to Kagome to see if she was alright. I was stilling keeping an eye on the battle on my way over. “Are you alright Kagome?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Shippo is still out cold though.” Kagome replied. “So is Kagura.”

“Well we can just leave her be.” I said. “It seems like Inuyasha is distracted.” I observed. That was an understatement. He was now focused on battling both Naraku and Lord Sesshomaru, and was getting nowhere with either.

“He’s always like that when Sesshomaru is involved.” Kagome said as we moved away from Kagura, just incase she decided to wake up. The move put us near the edge of the cliff. “With Sesshomaru here hopefully the battle will end soon.” She said while cradling a still unconscious Shippo. “He is very strong. I just wish Inuyasha would let him help.”

That gave me something to think about, Inuyasha being nice to Lord Sesshomaru and vice versa, but I noticed that the battle was coming increasingly closer to where we were standing. I was about to tell Kagome that we should move, but saw that Kagura was coming to her senses. Kagome noticed as well and we knew we couldn’t move. I drew my sword once more hoping to make Kagura stand aside. Naraku saw this and whipped his tentacle around and knocked us off the cliff.
Before my vision was obscured I saw Inuyasha and Lord Sesshomaru finish off Naraku, which was just another puppet, and Inuyasha screaming Kagome’s name.

Sango and Miroku reacted quickly and were diving towards us on Kirara’s back. I knew that they couldn’t save us both, and Kagome was much more important to them then I. So I grabbed Kagome’s arm, which held Shippo, and with all the strength I could muster, I threw her up into Miroku’s waiting arms. The momentum caused me to fall faster into the waiting waters below.

Inuyasha’s Group
(No one’s P.O.V.)

“Amaya!” Kagome screamed. “Sango go after her!” she demanded.

Sango said in a small voice, “It’s no use Kagome. We can’t even see her anymore.” Kirara left out a small whimper and turned around to go back to the cliff.

When they were on solid ground again Inuyasha rushed over to them. “Are you ok Kagome?” he asked.

Without answering Kagome said, “Inuyasha what were you doing?”

“Kagura had attacked us before running away. Where is Amaya?” He asked when he noticed she wasn’t with the group.

“She…she..” Kagome couldn’t continue anymore and fell to her knees crying.

Miroku picked up the conversation. “She sacrificed herself to save Kagome.”

“What? That’s impossible!” Inuyasha said while unbelievingly. “That idiot couldn’t die.” Inuyasha rushed over to the end of the cliff and looked over the edge. He just stood there for a few minutes not saying a word. Lord Sesshomaru was still present and watching the events unfold. Without saying another word he turned around and left. “We have to go look for her.” Inuyasha finally said.

“What good would that do Inuyasha?” Miroku said gently. “Nobody could survive a fall like that.”

“But she might have!” Inuyasha argued angrily. “And even if she didn’t we could at least try to find her body.” He finished more calmly.

“Alright.” Miroku said after letting out a sigh. “But Kagome doesn’t seem to be in any condition to go with us. I suggest we let Sango take Kagome and Shippo back to Kaede’s on Kirara. We will look for Amaya ourselves.”

Inuyasha nodded and Miroku went to tell Sango, who was trying to comfort Kagome, about their plan.

Sango agreed and turned to Kagome. “Kagome, we are going back to Kaede’s.” She said gently. Kagome nodded but wasn’t really paying attention. She was in shock.

After Sango and Kagome went flying out of sight Inuyasha and Miroku started their quest to find Amaya.

Sesshomaru’s Group
(No One’s P.O.V.)

Lord Sesshomaru made his way back to where Jaken and Rin were waiting. When he arrived Jaken started to question him.

“Where did you go Mi’ Lord?”

“Inuyasha and Naraku were near by.” Lord Sesshomaru answered shortly.

“You gave them a good beating didn’t you Mi’ Lord?” Jaken chuckled darkly.

Rin too was interested in the conversation. “If Inuyasha was there then the others were too, right?” she asked. Without waiting for a reply she rambled on. “I wonder if that nice girl from before was there as well? I think her name was Amaya. She’s friends with Inuyasha right? I bet she’s still there! Can we go see her Lord Sesshomaru?! Please?!” Rin begged.

Lord Sesshomaru answered none of the questions but he last one. “No.” he said while walking on.

“Of course we’re not!” Jaken yelled. “Inuyasha is Lord Sesshomaru’s enemy! And so are all of his friends! Don’t you know anything you stupid girl?”

“You’re just being stingy Jaken. I just wanted to say thank you to her again.” Rin said in a pouting voice.

“That’s enough Jaken.” Lord Sesshomaru said before Jaken could reply.

“Yes Mi’ Lord.” Jaken said quietly while giving Rin a glare.

Rin ignored this and said. “Well we will probably meet them again some time.”

The next day Lord Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken were at the bank of a river. The river was the one directly underneath the place where Lord Sesshomaru had been fighting the day before. He followed the river for awhile with Jaken and Rin tagging along. At one point Lord Sesshomaru paused and looked around.

Lord Sesshomaru was a dog demon. Along with many other abilities he was able to smell scents far better than any common dog. Through his whole trek along the river he was able to pick up Inuyasha’s and the monk’s scent. But at this point both scents stopped.

After a brief pause he continued walking. Jaken didn’t know what was going on so he asked. “Mi’ Lord is there a reason we are following the river?” When Lord Sesshomaru didn’t respond he continued talking. “I mean this is really out of the way from where we were heading before. Plus I heard this area has a lot of frightening demons.”

“Don’t worry Jaken.” Rin said cheerfully. “Lord Sesshomaru is a lot stronger then the demons around here.”

“I know that stupid girl!” Jaken yelled.

“I only said that because you seemed afraid.”

“A..afraid!” Stuttered Jaken. “I’m not afraid.”

Lord Sesshomaru turned around at that point and glared at the two of them.

“Sorry Mi’ Lord.”

“Sorry Lord Sesshomaru.” Both Rin and Jaken said at the same time.
But Lord Sesshomaru was no longer listening. Near the bank a little further along was the scent he had been trying to find. During their two brief encounters Lord Sesshomaru had memorized the girls scent. Here on the bank of the river, miles down from where she had fallen, was the same scent. The scent was there but a body wasn’t to be seen. The scent didn’t continue on away from the river not was there a body.

Lord Sesshomaru turned around and was about to leave when he caught another scent faintly mixed with hers. He took this into consideration before walking away from the river.

“Where are we going now?” asked Rin.

“To find Naraku.” Lord Sesshomaru replied.