I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 15

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 15

Before I knew it a week had passed and I was ready to head out. “Thanks for the help Daisuke. You’ll see me again once I have my original body back.” I said as I picked up a satchel and flung it over my shoulder.

“Well I was thinking about that.” Daisuke said while scratching his chin. “Perhaps I will check up on you from time to time. That way I can see for myself if any problems occur.”

“That’s fine, but how will you find me?” I asked.

“Another ability of mine is that I can track a soul that I have transplanted into another body. It is very useful at time.”

“Oh, I see.” I said. “So my soul is like a homing beacon.”

“What?” Daisuke asked confused.

“Nothing, never mind.” I quickly said. “Forget I said that.”

“Alright. By the way I think you shouldn’t use your real name until you get a grasp of the situation.” He said wisely.

“Yeah. I can just imagine me going up to my friends and saying, ‘Hi it’s me Amaya. I died but this demon named Daisuke took my soul and transplanted it into another body.’, I’m sure they’ll believe that.”

“They might. Didn’t you say that something similar happened to one of your friends?”

“Yeah I did. But I think that Inuyasha is more likely to attack me first and ask questions later.”

“That might be true. They probably think you are dead. Not many people would be lucky enough to survive that fall. Let alone have enough strength to pull themselves out of the river.”

“I guess so. I have to go.” I finally said. “I’ll see you around.”

I turned around and headed into the forest. My first goal was to find Inuyasha and the others. The best way to do that is to back track my steps from the bridge back to Kaede’s village. I had deduced that if someone was going to use my body they were probably thinking of using it against my friends. They only one sick enough to do that would be Naraku. My suspicions were amplified when Daisuke had told me that along with the one persons scent was the smell of miasma. ‘I’m sure Kagome told me one time that Naraku used miasma against his enemies.’ I thought.

Because of the body’s demon strength I made it up the mountain and to the rickety ass bridge, where I had lost my life, in no time. I crossed it without a worry and continued on my way. From what I was thinking earlier it brought back a memory from the beginning of my training.

A Week Earlier

“Alright, today we will begin your training. Today you will be learning how to use your new heightened senses.” Daisuke explained. “We’ll get to the bigger stuff later. First I want to tell you that body belonged to a full fledged tiger demon.”

“That would explain the stripes all over the body.” I said while looking at my arm.

“Correct. That means your eyesight and hearing will be better than the rest of your senses. You will even be able to see in the dark. A useful thing to have.”

“Alright let’s get started!” I said enthusiastically. For the next couple of days Daisuke trained me in different ways. The first day was all five of my senses. The next was my strength and agility. The third day was combat. I learned that my sword had been lost, which was a little sad. I had gotten really attached to it. But to make up for it I was now ambidextrous and my specialty was duel short swords. They were wicked. It took me no time at all to master this new technique. I wondered about it so I asked Daisuke.

“The reason you can do all of this is because the body remembers how to do those things. The soul, which is implanted in the body, just has to learn to control the body.” He explained.

“What happens if it doesn’t?” I asked.

“Well that would be a problem. Actually the hardest part about putting a soul into a body is getting the body to accept its new soul. Not all of my transplants have been a success. I was worried yours would be a failure too.”

“Why? Did something happen?”

“That’s just it. Nothing happened at first. Sure the body was breathing and had a heart beat, but you wouldn’t wake up. In my experience the body is jolted awake when the new soul is introduced.”

“But that didn’t happen?”

“No. you stayed asleep for three days before the body finally accepted your soul. Though I say it accepted you it still may not have. I was going to tell you later, but nows a good time as any. Let’s take a little break.” He said.

We stopped my combat training ant went to the river for a break. We sat down on the river bank and I stuck my feet n the cool water and waited for him to continue the conversation.

“There is no good way to say this. That body can still reject your soul. It may happen if you overexert yourself, or if the body becomes too injured to hold onto your soul. But more likely than not the body will reject your soul if it is not compatible enough with it.”

“But the soul is at least compatible enough right now because I have full control of the body.” I said.

“True, but you haven’t tried any special techniques with that body yet either. Your soul is human and that body is that of a demons. If you try to use the demonic energy the energy might cause an erosion between your soul and the body and sever the connection. Of course I’m just guessing because I have never put a human soul into a demons body before.”

“How will I know if I can use the demonic energy or not?” I asked.

“We will be working on that tomorrow.” Daisuke answered. “With any luck you might be able to turn into a full demon tiger.”

It became very clear the next day that I couldn’t use demonic energy very well. All I could manage over the next two days was to grow my nails into claws and sharpen my teeth into fangs. I could on occasion make flames surround my short swords, but that was very difficult for me to do. It appeared that a full bodied demonic transformation was out of the question.

“Well I figured as much.” Daisuke said. “We will stop here for today. I don’t have anything else to teach you. Tomorrow you can rest, then gather anything you need for your journey.” He said turning around and heading into his hut.

Present

‘I have to find Naraku and see if he has my body. Though I won’t know what to do if he doesn’t.’ I thought as I continued on my way. It was then that I realized that I didn’t know where I was. It had rained a few days ago so Inuyasha’s sent, along with the others, had been washed away. Because of that I raced down the mountain not even checking my surroundings. I thought finding the farming fields that were directly in front of the mountain would be easy. Guess I was wrong. ‘Great no only do I have to make sure the connection to this body doesn’t sever, but now I’m also lost. You would think this being a demonic body, it would give me a better sense of direction.’

Somehow I had completely bypassed the farming fields and ended up in another forest. ‘Well this sucks.’ I thought as I moved on. “I guess I will just have to ask directions form somebody.” I said as I took in the scents around me. I was surprised that I found one I was familiar with. I took off and followed that scent until I was close enough to hear voices.

Two of them were bickering back and forth with each other. One was a squeaky, annoying voice, and the other was a little girls voice. I knew both of them well and stepped into the clearing where they were all sitting. The scent that I had been following was Lord Sesshomaru’s. ‘That means he was trying to find my body!’ I thought happily.

But there was a forth person with Lord Sesshomaru’s group. The one person I thought I wouldn’t fin right away. ‘Well I’ll be.’ I thought. ‘I found myself.’ Sitting right in front of me was my original body. And for a dead body it was looking very livily.

Sesshomaru’s Group
Three Days after Amaya’s Death
(No One’s P.O.V.)

Lord Sesshomaru, Rin, and Jaken continued their search for Naraku. They had only been searching for three days when they stopped at the edge of a forest. A village was just a few yards away. It was evening so Lord Sesshomaru and the other settled down for the night. Rin was restless and couldn’t get to sleep. She wanted to ask Jaken a question that had been bothering her.

“Jaken how come we don’t ask Inuyasha for help? I mean if we want to find Naraku wouldn’t teaming up be the best option?”

“Stupid girl! Naraku might be the enemy, but so is Inuyasha! To team up with an enemy is unthinkable!” Jaken replied.

“All I was saying is that Naraku wants the jewel shards right? And Kagome has some of those jewel shards, so Naraku will surely be after hers too. If we stick close to Kagome then the chances of running into Naraku would increase. Right?” Asked Rin.

“Shut up stupid girl and go to sleep.” Jaken yelled as he turned over and went back to sleep. Rin said nothing and laid down as well.

“Get up Rin!” Jaken said while shaking her roughly. “It’s time to go.”

“Alright, I’m up.” Yawned Rin. After a few minutes of gathering her stuff she headed off with Lord Sesshomaru and Jaken. They were going to quickly pass through the village and move on. As they got to the village entrance the met someone unexpected. “Amaya!” Rin exclaimed excitedly. What are you doing here?”

Amaya turned around and looked at the group. “Oh it’s you guys. It’s a good thing I ran into you. Well, you see I’m a little lost. Do you think I could join you for awhile?”