I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 16

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 16

Present
(Amaya’s P.O.V)

‘This is kind of awkward for me.’ I thought as we all stared at each other for a few moments. That is until Jaken opened his big mouth.

“Who are you and what do you want?” Jaken squeaked.

“You’re very to the point aren’t you? I don’t want anything and my name is…” I paused. ‘Shit I didn’t think of a name!’ I thought frantically. That’s when I saw my stripes. ‘That’s it!’ “My name is Tora!”

“Are you sure?” Jaken asked unconvinced. Rin piped up and saved me.

“I get it! It’s because of the stripes right?” She asked cutely.

“He he. That’s right.” I said nervously. ‘Tora! What was I thinking? That name is so unoriginal and suspicious.’

“We should just kill her now Mi’ Lord.” Jaken sneered.

“Do you make it a habit of randomly killing people?” I asked sweetly.

“We are leaving.” Lord Sesshomaru said without even taking a glance at me.

‘He’s still the strong silent type.’ I thought as I sighed. ‘He is still good to look at though.’ I followed Lord Sesshomaru and the others further into the forest. ‘My next problem is to figure out how to get my body away from the rest.’ I thought. It was a stroke of good fortune that I was able to find my body quickly, but it had to be with Lord Sesshomaru. ‘I don’t think he’ll like me kidnapping myself.’

“Why are you following us?!” yelled Jaken.

“I’m not following you. It just so happens that I need to go in the same direction.” I said.

“Mi’ Lord let’s kill her. She is being too suspicious. She could have been sent by Naraku.” He said reasonably.

“You’re being very cautious. I can understand that, but I have not been sent by Naraku. Though I wouldn’t mind having a conversation with him. The words being my fists of course.” I said pounding my fist into the palm of my other hand. That seemed to satisfy them for the moment. How long that would last I didn’t know. ‘It seems I won’t be able to make a move for my body today. I will just have to stick with them until I find the right moment.’

I continued to follow them throughout the day and was hoping that we wouldn’t run into Inuyasha’s group. Luckily we didn’t, because it would be even more difficult to take my body from them, but near the evening Jaken got frustrated.

“Oh I know you’re following us now! We changed directions several times and you’re still with us!” Jaken huffed.

“Look can’t I just follow you guys. I need to find Naraku and it looks like if I stick with you I might find him faster.” I said lying through my teeth. ‘What I really need is a chance to get my body. Can’t do that if I’m not near it.’

Lord Sesshomaru finally spoke and said, “Jaken, let her do what she wants.” Then continued to ignore me.

“See toad. Even your boss says it’s ok!” I said happily.

“I’m an imp not a toad. You’re just as bad as that human girl over there. She made the same mistake when we first met.”

“Oh really?” I said looking for over to my body. “And what’s your name?” I asked.

“It’s Amaya. I was looking for my friends when I bumped into these guys.” She explained.

“And they just let you follow them?”

“Well Lord Sesshomaru just happens to be the half brother of my one friend. He said I could tag along if I don’t get in his way.” She said with a smile. “Of course Jaken wasn’t too happy about it.”

‘I bet he wasn’t.’ I thought to myself. In the course of our conversation I had moved closer to my body, which I decided to call Aya. ‘Calling it my body when there clearly is another soul in there is just creepy.’ I thought. When I got close enough so I could smell her scent and I nearly gagged. Along with my scent was the smell of miasma. ‘Lord Sesshomaru should know my scent so he couldn’t have missed the smell of miasma. Could he know that something is up?’ I wanted to ask but it was too risky. If he didn’t know and I brought it to his attention he might kill her. ‘I don’t think Daisuke could reattach a head.’ I thought gravely.

As I was thinking Lord Sesshomaru decided we would stop here for the day. ‘I get to see Lord Sesshomaru’s sleeping face!’ I thought excitedly. Just as I was about to turn in for the night the wind direction changed and I could smell Daisuke’s sent. I got up and went to find him. Nobody asked where I was going, which suited me just fine. I found Daisuke a ways off sitting on an old tree stump.

“It hasn’t even been a full day and you’re already stalking me?” I said jokingly.

“I got bored without you there.” He replied. “But onto more important things. I see you found your original body quickly. Did you notice anything weird?”

“Besides the fact that it is moving without my soul in it?” I asked sarcastically. I only got a glare for my troubles. I sighed and continued. “I noticed that there was a fairly strong scent of miasma coming from it.”

“That’s worrisome.” Daisuke said. “Do you remember me telling you that demonic energy will cause a corrosion between your soul and that body?” I nodded yes. “Well miasma will cause a physical, rather than a spiritual corrosion.”

“Are you saying that the miasma is destroying my body?” I asked.

“Yes, miasma is like acid to the body. Left alone and your body will be irreparable.” Daisuke warned.

“But you said that before and someone was able to fix it then.”

“That’s true, but mending broken bones and healing flesh is different than miasma. Besides whoever healed your body before is no friend of yours. They won’t just give you your body back.”

“So what should I do? Should I go and grab my body now?”

“No. I need a few days to figure out the situation and prepare for the switch.”

“But my body is being destroyed! I need my body back now!” I yelled frustrated.

“Look, rushing never solved anything. Besides I don’t think you could feasibly get your body away from then tonight. Am I wrong?” He asked.

“No. You’re right. I won’t be able to sneak up on her tonight.”

“A few days is all I need. You keep an eye on her and don’t let her over exert herself. That may hasten the destruction of the body.” Daisuke said getting up from the stump. “I’ll get in contact with you once everything is prepared.” Afterwards he brushed himself off and disappeared into the night.

“Great!” I said while lifting my arms in exasperation. “Just great! How am I supposed to keep both of us from over exerting ourselves?!” I yelled frustrated. Of course I was yelling into the forest and the trees gave me no reply, so I trudged back to the campsite and without another word to anyone turned in for the night.

I was miserable the next morning. It was a cold, dreary, gray day that reflected my mood. The previous night was plagued by nightmares of my decaying body. Every time I looked over at Aya I expected to see my face disintegrating or something. As the day wore on I realized that nobody was really talking except for Rin and Jaken, who kept bickering back and forth. This continued until Lord Sesshomaru would turn around and glare at them. They would then be quite for a short time before starting again. I also noticed that Aya was sticking rather close to Lord Sesshomaru. ‘That’s irritating.’ I thought grumpily. ‘What’s also irritating is saying Lord Sesshomaru all the time. Oh I know!’ “Hey!” I said while catching up to them since I was at the back of the group. “Can I call you Sesshy?”

I stepped back, stumbled, and fell on my ass. It was a good thing I did or my head would no longer be attached to my body. ‘Thank goodness for demonic speed.’ I thought. I looked up to see Lord Sesshomaru looking down at me. “I guess I’ll take that as a no.” I replied. He seemed satisfied with that answer because he didn’t try to hack me into little pieces and walked away.

That night as we were sitting by the fire I was thinking of what happened earlier. ‘He would have seriously killed me if I haven’t had my demonic speed. Now I know never to piss him off.’ Of course I already knew that from my past experiences with him.

“Oh by the way.” I said turning to look at Lord Sesshomaru. “How do you know your going in the right direction to find Naraku?”

Without even looking at me he replied, “His scent.”

In response to that I sniffed the air but couldn’t smell anything. I told him as much.

“Of course you can’t stupid.” Jaken squeaked. “Lord Sesshomaru’s nose is much better than a demons’ of your caliber.”

“Ok.” I said, taking the insult. I know I’m not that good at picking up scents. No use in arguing that fact, of course the putrid smell coming from Aya wasn’t helping anything either.

Jaken, who was expecting an argument, didn’t know what to do, so he just nodded his head once and went back to what he was doing. A little while later everyone, except Lord Sesshomaru, went to bed. Before I feel asleep I was a little disappointed that a whole day was wasted and I still hadn’t thought of a way to get Aya away from the others. ‘Hopefully tomorrow will be more fruitful.’