I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 17

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 17

The beginning of the third day with Lord Sesshomaru’s group started calmly enough. All of us got up and continues walking in what ever direction Lord Sesshomaru saw fit. None of us talked for most of the morning which was fine for me. It was just before noon when the trouble started. We were just minding our own business when we heard a loud, crackly, screech. We looked to our right and a demon, which sort of looked like a bird, came barreling towards us. Lord Sesshomaru unsheathed Tokijin and killed the demon. He didn’t have to us any special moves or anything.

“Well that was gross.” I said while looking down at the dead demon. Lord Sesshomaru had cut him in two perfect halves. We continued on our way and shortly after it happened again. This went on for like two hours. Each time a different demon would attach us, and Lord Sesshomaru would kill it. What really bothered me was that a demon appeared Aya would run behind Lord Sesshomaru and leave Rin to defend herself. ‘Now I know that’s not really me, but she could at least try to act like it. I would never leave a kid alone in a situation like this.’ I thought angrily.

At one particular instance a very fat demon came flying towards us and Lord Sesshomaru went to cut him. The blade barely touched him and he sort of exploded and sent blue blood and guts everywhere. My instinct kicked in and I placed myself in front of Rin to shield her. The results were that I was covered in blue blood and everyone else wasn’t. Lord Sesshomaru was quick enough to get out of the way, the cowards Aya and Jaken had hidden behind a cluster of trees, and of course I protected Rin.

“Well,” I said after a pause, “That could have gone better.”

“Hahaha!” Jaken laughed. “Look at you!”

“Shut up Jaken.” I replied. “Does anyone know where I can go and clean up?”

“There’s a river a little over that way.” Rin said as she pointed towards the east while trying not to laugh as well. “You can just barely see it form here.”

She was right. You could see the glistening water from where we were standing. “Then I’m going that way.” I said. It didn’t take long to get there. As I reached the bank I thought, ‘Do I just jump in, or do I take my clothes off and potentially embarrass myself.’ I looked at the water for a second before saying, “Screw it.” And jumping in.

I stayed under for awhile making sure all the blood, or at least most of it, was out of my clothes. It is also true that cold water is good for blood stains, be they blue or red. When I came up Rin was waiting for me on the bank.

“Hey Rin. What’s up?” I asked while getting out of the water and sitting beside her.

“Nothing really. I just wanted to thank you from protecting me from the blood.” She said shyly. “It reminded me of how Amaya used to be.”

“It’s not a problem.” I said accepting her thanks. I was intrigued by the second part of what she said. “What do you mean by the way Amaya used to be?”

“Well she was kind and caring. She also saved my life several time before. But now she barely talks to me.” She said while pulling her legs close to her and wrapping her arms around them. “She seems like a completely different person.”

“I’m sure that Amaya is just dealing with some problems.” I said patting her back reassuringly. “Once she gets them figured out she’ll be back to normal.” While saying that I was thinking, ‘I already know what the problem is, but I can’t tell her that.’

“Yeah. Maybe.” She replied unconvinced.

“Look let’s get back to the others before they come looking for us.” I said standing up. “Don’t want Lord Sesshomaru worrying about you.” We made our way back to the others with no other issues.

Inuyasha’s Group
(No One’s P.O.V)
Present

“Alright I think that was the last one.” Sango said looking around at the surrounding. Bodies of dead demons were scattered along the ground.

“I believe this means that Naraku is near by.” Miroku said. “What do you think Inuyasha?”

“Naraku’s scent is getting stronger by the minute. We should reach him my tomorrow night if we keep a steady pace.” Inuyasha replied.

“I see. That’s good. By the way Inuyasha, how is Kagome doing?” He asked taking a glance over at her. Kagome was sitting by a river just staring into the water.

“She’s been doing that ever since Amaya died. She won’t stop moping around.” Inuyasha said frustrated.

“Inuyasha don’t be so insensitive.” Miroku scolded. “When a woman is upset it is a perfect time to comfort her.”

“Of course only you would turn this situation into a chance to pick up a girl.” Sango said disgusted.

“I would never!” Miroku said nervously. He then cleared his throat and said, “Anyway Inuyasha there is a barren wasteland a little South of here. That would be a perfect Naraku hideout.”

“If that’s where his scent leads then we’ll check it out.” He replied. “Let’s go.”

Shesshomaru’s Group
Amaya’s (P.O.V)
Present-Nighttime

Night had fallen and everyone was gathered around the camp fire. All except me of course. I was walking on a hunting trail in the forest just trying to have some alone time. The whole day had been irritating, Jaken wouldn’t let the whole blood spewing thing go, and it took every ounce of restraint and self control I had not to pop his little head off. I also noticed that the miasma smell coming from Aya had gotten stronger. One the brighter side of things Rin was talking to me more than before. ‘I hope, when I’m back in my own body, that I can repair my relationship with her.’ I thought.

“Amaya!” yelled a voice.

“Whoa!” I screamed as I turned around. Apparently I had been so deep in thought that I had not heard Daisuke approach me. “You scared me half to death!” I said clutching at my chest.

“It’s not my fault you were distracted. I called for you several times.” He replied with a smirk on his face.

“Yes it’s all very funny.” I said grumpily. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“You make it sound like you don’t want to see me.” He said. “I thought you wanted me to be fast?”

“I do. I just didn’t think you would be this fast.”

“Well I lucked out. It just so happens that very near here is a barren wasteland. And across that wasteland is a perfect spot to do the soul transfer. If my hunch is correct the group you’re with is heading in that very direction.” He finished.

“So all I have to do is make sure I get Aya to this place you’re talking about without any interference from the others.”

“That’s about right.”

“Jeez Daisuke, why did you give me the easy job.” I said with as much sarcasm as I could muster.

“Now none of that. I’m doing the best I can.” He scolded.

“You’re right. I’m sorry.” I sighed. “I know you are. This whole situation has just got me frustrated.”

“Yes I know. I think you’re entitled to be at least a little overwhelmed.” Daisuke said patting my shoulder.

We stood in silence for a moment before I asked, “So why is this place near the barren wasteland so special?”

“Well there is a legend behind why the barren wasteland is the way it is, that also ties into that place.” He began. “It is said hundreds of years ago there was a demon that had a strong affinity with fire, whose name was Akito. He was very powerful and smart; he also was kind to humans. Because he was kind he made enemies with the other demons in the area. One day Akito’s enemies decided that he needed to die. They chased Akito from his home all the way into the middle of a forest. Akito, furious that his demonic brethren had turned against him, unleashed a fiery attack that engulfed everything around him for miles.” He paused.

“Well? What happens next?” I asked impatiently.

“After the fire died out he looked around at the devastation he had caused and was sad. Wearily he got up from where he had been sitting and walked in a random direction. The attack he unleashed had drained him of most of his energy and he could barely walk. Akito came to the edge of where his attack ended. He turned and looked back at what once was a lush, green forest. Nothing survived his deadly flames. There was now a great gap in the middle of the forest. Akito walked further and went to a part of the forest that was still green and whole. Before his last attack his enemies had dealt him some heavy blows. Know that he was dying he sat down in the grass, closed his eyes, and succumbed to death.”

“Is that it?” I asked. “What does that have to do with the place you were talking about?”

“Yes that is it. Admittedly it’s not the best ending, but it holds some relevance. The place where Akito supposedly died, Akito’s Tomb, is the same place where I will be doing the soul transfer. The barren wasteland is said to have been caused by Akito’s fiery attack.” Daisuke explained.

“Well is the story true then?” I asked.

“Who knows?” He shrugged. “A legend can’t really be proven, but it is true that Akito’s Tomb is very magical. Things that you normally can’t do you can there.”

“Huh. Well I better get back to the others.” I said yawning. “Don’t want them to become suspicious of me.”

“Very well. I will be waiting at Akito’s Tomb, when ever you are able to get there, for you.”

“Alright. Goodnight Daisuke.” I said before heading off.