I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 19

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 19

It was a little after one in the morning when I got my chance to leave. I made sure Rin and Jaken were fast asleep before departing. I had no clue as to where Lord Sesshomaru was, he had disappeared shortly after we settled down. ‘He can’t be too far away though. He wouldn’t just leave Rin behind. I just hope I don’t run in to him as I’m leaving.’ I thought.

I kept my eyes, ears, and nose open so that I wouldn’t run into him. My night vision was excellent so I had no difficultly navigating through the forest, and in no time I was back at the clearing where I had first met Rin and Lord Sesshomaru. ‘Did I really circle all the way back around to this place? That’s kind of cool, though that just means my sense of direction still sucks. And if what Daisuke said is true about this place, then that would explain why I could see that aura or whatever it was back then.’

I walked around the area for a minute before stumbling upon what seemed to be a magic circle. Inside the circle was a diagram as well as some strange symbols. I was careful not to disturb anything because I was sure Daisuke had created it. “Where is that man anyway?” I asked out loud. No sooner had I said that, Daisuke came waltzing out from the forest. “Hey Daisuke.”

“What have you been doing? The connection between your soul and that body is almost completely severed.” He said looking outraged and concerned all at once.

“Well earlier today I ran into Naraku. It seems he was the one who took my body to begin with. His goal was to try and get close to my friend, using my body, and kill her.” I explained. “I was able to save my friend, but Naraku took my body. And I am impressed that you could tell something was wrong just by looking at me.”

“It’s a gift.” He replied. “Do you know why he took your body?”

“Probably so he can use it as bait. And it worked. My friends have already decided to go after Naraku. They think they can knock some sense into me.” I said with a laugh.

“Why didn’t you tell them the truth?”

“I didn’t think that they would believe me.” I replied. I stayed quiet for a moment before asking, “Look, I have no illusions about this situation, I know it’s bad. How long do I have before my body becomes useless?”

“For me to be able to safely put you soul back into your body, I would need the body by no later then tomorrow night.” He replied quietly.

“So it’s impossible.” I asked.

“I’m afraid so. I don’t think you would be able to find it again before tomorrow ends.”

“I thought so. Con you repair my connection with this body?” I asked.

“Yes. But like before the connection won’t be permanent. Also the connection won’t last as long.” Daisuke explained. “You would have, maybe, a week before the connection severs forever.”

“I understand.”

“Alright. Let me change a few symbols in my circle.” He said walking over to the magic circle. As he was working I sat down with my back against the same rock where I found my sword and the skeleton. ‘It seems so long ago that that had happened. It’s strange to think that I will never have my body back. I sort of wish that I could talk with my brother one last time.’

“Amaya, I’m ready.” Daisuke said taking me away from my thoughts.

“Okay. What do I have to do?” I asked.

“Just stand in the very center of the circle, and let me worry about the rest.” He instructed. I did what he said, being mindful of the symbols, and stood in the circle. Daisuke the started to chant in a language I’ve never heard before. As the chanting got louder the marking on the ground began to glow. The louder Daisuke got the brighter the markings glowed. Soon I was engulfed in a white light and couldn’t see anything, but I could feel. The uncomfortable and broken feeling I had before lessened.

The white light started to fade and I could see again. Daisuke was sitting on the ground at the edge of the circle. After the light faded completely I stepped out of the circle and stood beside him. “It worked, whatever you did.” I said patting him on the shoulder.

“Yes it did.” He agreed standing up. “Just be careful from now on.”

“I will. If I have time and am able, I will try to find you again.” Daisuke just nodded his head. “Thanks for everything. I hope we’ll meet again.” I said shaking his hand.

“Good luck to you.” He responded before I left the clearing. I waved in response and ran back into the forest.

I was running pretty fast trying to get back to the wasteland. ‘If I make it there, maybe I can find some clue as to where Naraku my have been headed.’ I thought. I wasn’t paying attention so when a figure appeared out of nowhere, according to me, I had to swerve out of the way. Unfortunately I ran smack into a tree and fell on my butt. I looked up to see Lord Sesshomaru. I got up quickly.

“Lord Sesshomaru! What are you doing here?” I asked nervously. He ignored my question and asked one of his own.

“Where are you going?”

“To find Naraku.” I said in a timid voice while looking away. It was then that I remembered something he had said to Inuyasha. “Hey. You know who I am, right? Since when have you known?” He didn’t answer so I shot a quick glance his way. He wasn’t looking at me. I gave a quick laugh and looked up at the night sky. The stars were just visible through the tree tops. “You knew since the beginning, didn’t you? I was your scent I smelled at that river bank, and you couldn’t have missed the smell coming off of Aya. My personality hasn’t change and I probably haven’t been acting like a true demon would, so I was easy for you to put it together.” I finished.

“What will you do?” Lord Sesshomaru asked.

I didn’t answer right away. “I will do whatever is necessary to keep my friends safe. I won’t be able to get my body back, but I won’t let Naraku continue to use it either.” I answered determinedly. “Thank you for letting me tag along. I appreciate it, but I have to go now.” Lord Sesshomaru said nothing so I took that as an okay. I left him standing there and continued on my way.

Inuyasha’s Group
(No One’s P.O.V)

“Damn that Sesshomaru! He definitely knows something! I can’t believe he just walked away!” Hollered Inuyasha.

“Calm yourself Inuyasha. He is always like that.” Miroku said.

“I also think we should have followed Naraku.” He grumbled.

“There was no helping it. Everyone was exhausted. It was a miracle that we even made it back to Kaede’s.”

“Miroku is right Inuyasha. Kagome wouldn’t have been able to go on.” Sang said exiting Kaede’s hut. She sat down with Miroku and Inuyasha right outside the entrance.

“How is Kagome doing?” Miroku asked.

“She’s asleep now, but it’s been a ruff day for her. Shippo is staying with her just in case she needs anything.” Replied Sango.

“Will she be ok by tomorrow?” Inuyasha asked.

“I believe so. Why?” Sango questioned.

“We are leaving to hunt down Naraku and Amaya tomorrow.” He answered.

“Do you think that’s wise Inuyasha?” Miroku asked. “She may be physically okay, but mentally she might not be prepared.”

“We will figure that out tomorrow.” Sango said interrupting before an argument started. “If we are leaving tomorrow we all need to get some sleep.” Sango got up and went back inside. Miroku also got up after receiving a glare from Inuyasha and followed Sango. Inuyasha was the last to turn in, but instead of going inside he hopped into the tree right outside the hut. He was about to fall asleep when he saw a pillar of light coming up from the forest a good distance off. The light lasted only for a minute before disappearing.

“I wonder what that was?” Inuyasha yawned as he snuggled deeper into the tree. It wasn’t long before he fell completely asleep.

The next morning Inuyasha was awoken by a pain at the end of his nose. He smacked at whatever it was.

“Ouch master, why did you do that?” asked a voice from Inuyasha’s hand. “I have missed your blood. Let me some more.”

“Myoga you cowardly flea, where have you been?” Inuyasha asked while grabbing him before he could take anymore blood.

“Master you wound me. I am not a coward. I was simply gathering information for you.” Myoga answered.

“You up Inuyasha?” Miroku asked as he came walking out of Kaede’s hut.

“Yeah. And guess who finally decided to show up?” Inuyasha said while jumping down from the tree.

“Who?” Asked Sango as she and the others also joined the party.

“Well if it isn’t Myoga the flea. You finally came out of hiding.” Miroku said.

“Honestly everyone has such a low opinion of me.” Whined Myoga.

“You said you had information for us?” Inuyasha prompted.

“Yes I do. It seems some witchcraft was being used last night. A pillar of light, that only magic can make, appeared in the middle of the night.”

“Who was using it?” Sango asked.

“I know not.” Myoga replied. When he saw the looks everyone was giving him he said, “I was on my way here, I didn’t want to get side tracked.”

“You mean you were just to scared to find out what it was.” Shippo snickered.

“Well we better head out.” Inuyasha ordered.

“And where are you going, if I may ask?” Myoga asked, jumping on Inuyasha’s shoulder.

“To find Naraku and a friend of ours.” Miroku replied. He then proceeded to tell Myoga about Amaya and all that had happened in his absence.

“You don’t have to come along Kagome.” Inuyasha said. “It might be too much for you.”

“That’s right Kagome. You can stay here with me. I’m sure Inuyasha and the others will bring your friend back in no time.” Myoga offered.

“So you weren’t planning to come along in the first place, were you?” Inuyasha asked irritated.

“Thanks Myoga, but I have to go. It’s my fault that Amaya is here. I will make sure that she gets back home safely.” Kagome answered.

“I wish we had a clue as to where Naraku might be.” Miroku said.

“Well you’re in luck. It just so happens that an animal friend of mine said that an evil presence has made a home for himself in the far south.” Myoga told them.

“Well you can be useful Myoga. Good job!” Inuyasha said.

“Can I have some more of your delicious blood as payment?” Myoga asked.

“Oh Myoga.” Inuyasha paused. “NO!” He said as he flicked Myoga off his shoulder. As he was stomping out of the village he yelled, “Let’s go!” back to the others.